how can I minimize an email I am composing? NOT working properly

Outlook forces me to save and actually close an email I am composing just to
do anything else in Outlook. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to
do what I want without having to save and close them?

How are you creating those messages?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"ii.lola" wrote:

> Outlook forces me to save and actually close an email I am composing just to
> do anything else in Outlook. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to
> do what I want without having to save and close them?
The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> How are you creating those messages?
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "ii.lola" wrote:
>
> > Outlook forces me to save and actually close an email I am composing just to
> > do anything else in Outlook. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to
> > do what I want without having to save and close them?
The same way I started emails in OE since the invention of OE.  It doesn't
matter how I start an email, I cannot minimize any.

ii.lola wrote:
> The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
> matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick
5/20/2010 4:04:47 AM
On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:18:02 -0700, ii.lola
<iilola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
>matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.

Outlook was introduced in 1997. :)
Evan
5/20/2010 4:07:36 AM
ii.lola wrote:

> The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
> matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.

So why are you asking about Outlook EXPRESS in *this* newsgroup which
discusses Outlook?  Go ask in an OE newsgroup.
0
VanguardLH
5/20/2010 4:16:21 AM
I am now using Outlook.   Sorry, I seem to have confused everybody.  My point
was simply that I have been creating emails for a very long time and how I
start them is no different than how one starts them in the more simplistic
MSOE.  I could, however, in OE, minimize my emails whereas I cannot in MS
Office Outlook.

"Slipstick" wrote:

> ii.lola wrote:
> > The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
> > matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.
> >
> Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?
>

> 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)
>
> 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
> http://forums.slipstick.com
>
> .

Sorry, I am asking about Outlook.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> ii.lola wrote:
>
> > The same way I created emails for 15 years or more using OE.  It doesn't
> > matter what technique I use to start an email, I cannot minimize any.
>
> So why are you asking about Outlook EXPRESS in *this* newsgroup which
> discusses Outlook?  Go ask in an OE newsgroup.
> .

I've been using computers since the late 70's, pre Microsoft; I can't recall
when this and that started and ended.

ii.lola wrote:
> I am now using Outlook.   Sorry, I seem to have confused everybody.  My
> point
> was simply that I have been creating emails for a very long time and
> how I
> start them is no different than how one starts them in the more
> simplistic
> MSOE.  I could, however, in OE, minimize my emails whereas I cannot in
> MS
> Office Outlook.

As i mentioned earlier, if you use the file, send menus in other
applications to call up Outlook, its always going to be like this - this
is because it calls up the message form differently than it does if you
use New message within Outlook.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090401.htm

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick
5/20/2010 10:47:59 AM
ii.lola wrote:
> I've been using computers since the late 70's, pre Microsoft; I can't
> recall
> when this and that started and ended.
> <iilola@discussions.microsoft.com></iilola@discussions.microsoft.com>

It started when you started using Outlook and used the Send to menus in
other programs - it's a limitation of SimpleMAPI

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick
5/20/2010 10:50:11 AM
Yet MSOE does not have that problem?

That's is a good enough reason for me to quit using Outlook, I have to
forward files hourly.

Thanks for the straight answer.

ii.lola wrote:
> Yet MSOE does not have that problem?
>
> That's is a good enough reason for me to quit using Outlook, I have to
> forward files hourly.
>
> Thanks for the straight answer.

Outlook Express is not "Outlook lite" - it doesn't use ExtendedMAPI for
its usual "magic" so when other programs call it using SimpleMAPI, there
isn't a problem.

As for choosing OE over Outlook - you need to use the program that
meets *your* needs the best. If its OE, that's fine. If you need the
other features Outlook offers (like Calendaring or customization) then
you'll need to figure out a way to make it work.

Note: if you are using the Send to menu in Windows Explorer, you can
create a shortcut to avoid problems - see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20071221.htm. This will not
help you if you are forwarding from other programs though (Word, Excel,
IE, Acrobat etc). You can even use this method to address the messages.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)
Diane Poremsky's Profile: http://www.outlookforums.com/member.php?userid=5
View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45364

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Proper Function
Hi, I have about 20 columns in an Excel spreadsheet that contain name, address, etc. in various forms of capitalization. I believe I can use the proper fucntion to capitalize the first letter of each work and make all other letters lowercase. My question is how do I do this for a series of columns, or selected columns all at one time. I see to be getting an error message related to a circular pattern or something like that Any help is much appreciated Thanks Bill If Columns A through T are the columns you want to change, then you nee U1 to say: =proper(a1) Drag that column to t...

Send an email until all steps done
To complete an order, I need to code the following steps one by one. 1) update order table, tOrder 2) update customer order history table, tCustomer 3) update shipment table, tShip 4) send an confirfation email The problem is sometime due to unknown reason, after step 2), program can not finish step 3) and 4). Since tOrder and tCustomer table was updated, how to back to their data before update? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 3, 3:05=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uw...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

SHRINK TO FIT doesn't work properly
The subject above says it all: Since switching to Excel 2003, text that USED to be displayed correctly (via the 'shrink to fit' in cell formatting)now doesn't appear to get shrunk at all. Rather, it bleeds over into the next column. Duuno how it got broken, but it would sure be nice if it could be fixed! Did you try re-formatting the selection? Sometimes that will fix the conversion problem. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As a matter of fact, YES, SEVERAL times. This is VERY peculiar behavior. The columns on either side of it are formatted as number...

System Cleanup not working
I have a few 2003 enterprise servers which are all on the same Recipient & Mailbox Policy's. Mail does not move to system cleanup folder which is past msg age limit and mail is not being deleted from Deleted Items folder past msg age limit. I checked out the old msgs that should have moved and they meet the requirements noted in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302804: • PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME • PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME • PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME I up'd the logging on server to max and I see no errors. The time between events 1206 & 1207 for "Cleanup of items pa...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...