Help - Outlook Indexing keeps breaking

Hello,

I use Outlook 2007 and Windows XP sp3

in the last 2 months I have had to rebuild my Outlook Index 3 times.  When
the search function stopped working yet again... I did the following:

1. Delete unnecessary emails
2. Archive
3. Compact pst
4. Scan pst
5. Repair pst

There was only 1 minor error about a file that was not in a folder - so a
folder was created.  So it doesn't appear my pst is corrupted.

Why does this keep happening?

I am in the process (yet again) of rebuilding) but want to know why this
keeps happening?

Many thanks!

Hello,

did you find any solution yet? I myself needed to rebuild the index so
many times, that frankly said it became quite annoying. I read in some
other posts that third party tools might be the to be taken in
consideration... So I did and found some promising tools. X1, Xobni,
Copernic, Lookout, and Lookout were suggested. I've tried all and
Lookout and Lookeen are in my Top Two :)

Lookout runs with a littel work-around on OL 2007, Lookeen needs no
further OL modification. Both are fast indexing and doing a fine
search. The latter comes with more features and runs remarkably more
stable. Any further information gives a little google search.
I'd suggest testing one of the tools mentioned, however, I'm very
happy with Lookeen.

B.D.

On 2 Apr., 20:15, whyvon <why...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Outlook 2007 and Windows XP sp3
>
> in the last 2 months I have had to rebuild my Outlook Index 3 times. =A0W=
hen
> the search function stopped working yet again... I did the following:
>
> 1. Delete unnecessary emails
> 2. Archive
> 3. Compact pst
> 4. Scan pst
> 5. Repair pst
>
> There was only 1 minor error about a file that was not in a folder - so a
> folder was created. =A0So it doesn't appear my pst is corrupted.
>
> Why does this keep happening?
>
> I am in the process (yet again) of rebuilding) but want to know why this
> keeps happening?
>
> Many thanks!

0
Boris