HELP! I did an Office 2003 repair and now all my e-mail is GONE!!

Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me
something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I
closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair" option.
When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had dissapeared
and it asked to set up an account for the program.  So far I've only
configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the
e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and
adding said account, would delete it.  If I go to
AppData>Local>Microsoft>Outlook there exists a file named Outlook.pst, which
is over 2GB (I suspect my lost email may be here).  My question is, is it at
all possible to retrieve my lost email? I'd appreciated it if anyone would
guide me how.

Nevermind.  I just needed to have a little confidence and try something.  Got
the problem under control and retrieved my mail.  Thanks anyway

"Kris" wrote:

> Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me
> something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I
> closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair" option.
> When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had dissapeared
> and it asked to set up an account for the program.  So far I've only
> configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the
> e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and
> adding said account, would delete it.  If I go to
> AppData>Local>Microsoft>Outlook there exists a file named Outlook.pst, which
> is over 2GB (I suspect my lost email may be here).  My question is, is it at
> all possible to retrieve my lost email? I'd appreciated it if anyone would
> guide me how.

For other people reading this thread;

You can reconnect to a pst-file via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nevermind.  I just needed to have a little confidence and try something.
> Got
> the problem under control and retrieved my mail.  Thanks anyway
>
> "Kris" wrote:
>
>> Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me
>> something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I
>> closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair"
>> option.
>> When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had
>> dissapeared
>> and it asked to set up an account for the program.  So far I've only
>> configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the
>> e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and
>> adding said account, would delete it.  If I go to
>> AppData>Local>Microsoft>Outlook there exists a file named Outlook.pst,
>> which
>> is over 2GB (I suspect my lost email may be here).  My question is, is it
>> at
>> all possible to retrieve my lost email? I'd appreciated it if anyone
>> would
>> guide me how.

0
Roady

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Please help #8

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Help with importing data

outlook 2007 e-mail

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

OE autodelete OLD mail

OWA: Cannot send mail / mail goes to draft folder
Hello, I have the same problem how SC. I have an OWA 2003 and if I sent a mail the mail goes every in the draft folder. I can't send it. Please help me! Greetings Christof ...