Get Appts to display in current time zone?

I have a bunch of appts that were added to my calendar from a web site (PDC
site) while I was in Central time zone. These appts were added and are
displayed in Central time.  Now I'm in LA for the conference and have reset
the time on my computer to Pacific time; however these appts are STILL
displayed in Central Time! How do I get them to display in Pacific time?

This is Outlook 2007 running on Win7. The appts display with the time zone
drop downs showing.

Thanks in advance,
 Bill

"Bill Cohagan" <BillCohagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have a bunch of appts that were added to my calendar from a web site (PDC
> site) while I was in Central time zone. These appts were added and are
> displayed in Central time.  Now I'm in LA for the conference and have reset
> the time on my computer to Pacific time; however these appts are STILL
> displayed in Central Time! How do I get them to display in Pacific time?

You'll have to change them yourself.  Outlook stores times un UTC and adjusts
the display according to the time zone you're in.  So, if you are in CST and
make a meeting for 10 AM CST (4:00 PM UTC), your meeting will show as 8:00 AM
in PST.  Changing your PC's clock won't change the meeting's time of 4:00 PM
UTC.  Meeting times are fixed, not relative, values.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

Why did I get an unexpected critical error?
I upgraded to a new Mac G5 and installed OS X 10.4. I had been using Excel 98 on my G4 running Classic OS 9. I also received a trial version of the newest Office for Mac which I never tried but it has since expired even though it has only been 2 weeks since I purchased the computer. MS Word continues to operate without problems. But when I try to start Excel 98 Macintosh Edition, I get the tool bar, the "licenced to" panel and the following message: "Unexpected critical error: can't start the program". When you click on the OK, the program shuts down. Does anyone ...

getting long footnote to appear on one page in Word 2007
Hello: I have a fairly long footnote and half of it appears on the following page. I want the whole footnote to appear on that page. Is there anything I can do. right now, the footnote corresponds to text that is in the bottom third of the page. Thanks for your input. John See "Keeping an entire footnote on the same page" in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FootnoteOnDiffPage.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

why do I get spam that doesn't have my address?
How come I get tons of spam in which my email address is not in the "to" space? It's being sent to you as a Bcc recipient. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bill" <mediaconversions@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:42223eba.1559592@newsgroups.bellsouth.net... > How come I get tons of spam in which my email address is not in the > "to" space? ...

Need a query to get rid of duplicates using two tables
I have 2 tables - one -A - has 100 records - the other - B - has 150 records - they have a common field NAME - table B has the same 100 records as table A, plus 50 more - I want to create a table with only the 50 records that are not unique to both tables. The tables I'm dealing with have much more than 100 records so I need a query to take out the common records and leave only the unique 50 records from table B. This is not the typical "duplicate records" query as it relates to two tables. Help!?! Susan This sounds like you want to use the unmatched query wizar...

Run-Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
This function causes a Run-Time Error 13, Type Mismatch Error on this line: set rstclone=frm.recordsetclone What have i done incorrectly to cause this error? Thanks, Ray. Public Function DisableEnable(frm As Form) Dim rstClone As Recordset Set rstClone = frm.RecordsetClone If frm.NewRecord Then frm!cmdFirst.Enabled = True frm!cmdNext.Enabled = False frm!cmdPrevious.Enabled = True frm!cmdLast.Enabled = True frm!cmdNew.Enabled = False Exit Function End If frm!cmdNew.Enabled = True If rstClone.RecordCount = 0 Th...

Explorer Toolbar doesnt display Dialog
Hi, I wrote a Toolbar for the Internet Explorer, using the sample KBBar. All works well, but I've got a little problem: I created a Dialog , let's say it's in class CAboutDlg, and now I want to show it as a modal dialog. But the code does not work: /* code here will be executed */ CAboutDlg aboutDlg; aboutDlg.DoModal(); /* does noting ?!? */ /* code here also works well */ Any ideas why this code won't work? The dialog should be visible after a call of DoModal(), or not? Thanks for help, �ai�� ...

OWA -This page cannot be displayed
am running 2003 sbs (standard)- OWA was working fine for several months. currently it stopped working on the LAN as well from remote. IIS is running and looks good- other than this, exchange is working fine ( both sending and receiving.) i get " this page cannot be displayed" logging on to OWA from the lan. it's as though OWA is turned -off or something. where should i begin trouble-shooting the OWA problem - even though mail is working fine otherwise? thanks -- Colin Camp In news:E1402373-FAED-4F1C-8249-C2D729187C8E@microsoft.com, ColinCamp <ColinCamp@discussions.m...

Rules Wizard not displayed tool's tab
Why is the "Rules Wizard" not displayed on the tool's tab, there is "Address Book, followed by "Mailbox Cleanup" no Rules Wizard Version Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) Can someone guide me on why it's not there and the solution. Thank you, Jerry ...

Where does MSCONFIG get/store list of startup keys?
Does MSconfig have it's own list of programs that have been entered (at any point) into the list of HKCU or HKLM....Run? Background: I got with one of those web site supplied viruses that tells you everything is infected, buy our program, yada, yada, yada. I shut down, rebooted in safe mode, and ran MSconfig. I found the virus listed in the Startup panel with an HKCU...Run key kicking it off. I disabled the virus startup and then got rid of the folder where the virus was. Rebooted... system is fine. However, the item I disabled still shows up in the Startup panel in MSconfig....

How do get a path name from a cell?
Greetings, I have a macro that needs a file (from an inactive workbook) calle �data123.xls�; but my users move this file pretty much where ever the want on their PC. Is there a way to have the user fill out cell A1 (Sheet1) with the pat name (e.g. �C:\My Documents\ACME�) and have the macro search for the xl file according to the cell patch name given by the user? Appreciate any hel -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

Getting 403:Forbidden on System Settings
I have a SBE 2003 running CRM 3.0 and I receieved a 403: Forbidden error during the installation of the reporting component and when I go to Settings-> Org Settings-> System Settings. Please ensure that SRS is running and try again. -Wan Li ---- Wan Li Zhu Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics CRM http://www.microsoft.com/crm "Nic" wrote: > I have a SBE 2003 running CRM 3.0 and I receieved a 403: Forbidden error > during the installation of the reporting component and when I go to > Settings-> Org Settings-> System Settings. ...

Current time in workflow.
I am trying to figure out a way to create a wait condition on a workflow that will send an email when a case is two weeks old. I see that there is a Add Datetime function through the Call Assembly action that allows me to create a time that is two weeks greater than the Created On time of the case. Is it possible to access the current date and time in a workflow wait condition? Or is workflow not really built to support this functionality. Thanks. Derek Just an update, I couldn't find a way to do this so I ended up creating a custom application that runs via scheduled tasks...

How do I print only event start times on a calendar?
When I upgraded to Office 2007 my calendar prints start and finish times on it, and doesn't leave enough room to print the whole event. I would like to know if there is a way to print only the start times. I print whole month calendars to post in my office, and it's frutrating to not be able to see the whole event. Turn off the option to show end times before printing - right click on the calendar and choose other settings - remove the check from Show end times. You might also want to try the calendar printing assistant or a Word template - they tend to make better pr...

How to get data from performance counters only for one particular process
Look at this: [30]: Get-Process svchost Handles NPM(K) PM(K) WS(K) VM(M) CPU(s) Id ProcessName ------- ------ ----- ----- ----- ------ -- ----------- 260 13 6088 10408 67 1,87 248 svchost 759 43 12540 15400 112 3,95 684 svchost 708 39 21840 17420 150 9,22 768 svchost .... 94 8 2680 4552 50 0,16 2324 svchost [31]: Get-Counter -list process -computer c | select -exp pathswithinstances | ? { $_ -match 'svchost' } \\c\Process(svchost)\...

Microsoft Word 2007 not responding every time I save
Been happening for a day or 2 now. Every time I save it says "not responding" other programmes which are open will also not respond for a while. It will EVENTUALLY save. I did the whole Microsoft Repair thing, didn't really make a difference. I do not have the update installed which seems to be causing the problem for some people. I really need to fix this as I have a deadline on Tuesday! If other applications are also hanging it seems unlikely to be a Word issue - check what background processes are running in Windows. Something is hogging the processor. -- ...

How do I get vertical text scrolling in a dialog edit box to work
I have an Edit Box in my dialog that I write text into. When the text is larger than the Edit Box I want it to scroll. I added "vertical scrolling" to the properties, and "want return" and the bar appears and resizes when I output text to the window but it is totally non-functional (I cannot move it). Also when the text goes past the Edit Box size it does not scroll down. How can I get scrolling to work ?? I am using a very basic WinCE project with coredll.lib and not including afxwin.h. I use GetDlgItemTxt() to copy the exisiting text from the Edit Box, add new text to ...

Combining Fields that are Alike to get a Total Result
I want to combine the following so that I have one total for hours worked under each cost code. Example; date-4/17/07, cost code 003 311301, 16 hours and on 4/19, 003 311301, 7 hours, how do I combine each repeated cost code for a grand total of hours. I am using Access 2003. This is my Query: Table; Time Card Hours: Fields are DateWorked, JobNo, CostCodes and my Expression field –MNhrs: Sum([BillableHours]+[BillableOT]+[BillableDT]) Right now my data is like this: Cost Codes MNhrs Cost Codes MNhrs 001 130006 1 001 130006 1 003 311301 3 003 311301 23 003 311301 10 003...

display leading zeros in telephone number
When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How can I display them corectly? Thanks Andy "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a701c3da94$2dd89710$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading > zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How > can I display them corectly? > > Thanks > Andy Format the cells as text before pasting the data. >-----Original Message----- >"Andy" <anonymous@discussions....

Why didn't I get Publisher when I installed Microsoft Office 2000.
I was just wondering why I haven't got Microsoft Publisher on my computer? I have Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2000 so I don't see why I shouldn't have it. Is there any way you can install it? Or is it really expensive to get? Office 2000 did not automatically come with Publisher. If you have a second disk, Publisher will be on it. Having Publisher is dependent on what version Office you purchased. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cheeky_angel85" <cheeky_angel85@discussions.microsoft.co...

need help parsing text to get xml
I have a string that contains the \", \t, \r, \n. I need to get the xml. sample below: "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\r\n<USERS xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns=\"http://www.slcorp.com\\xml\\slcorp_dtd_schema.xml\">\r\n\t<ACCT>GameTek</ACCT>\r\n\t<USER>\r\n\t\t<USER_ID>Mike</USER_ID></USER>\r\n\t</USERS>\r\n" I have tried replacing as follows so I can get the xml. I have tried 2 approaches (1) str = str.Replac...

Saving a Customized Form Times Out
When we try to customize a form and save it, it hangs for awhile, then we get a "this page can not be displayed" error. However, it appears that the customizations made to the form still get saved. It only happens when we try to save changes to a form. Has anyone had this problem before? Any information will be extremely appreciated! Thanks, Dusty ...

Bars and Area at the same time
I'm currently using Excel 2000 but upgrading to a new version isn't a problem if it will solve my issue. I have six sets of data that I need to put on a single graph. I'd like to have three of the sets as stacking bars and the other three as Area in the background. Is this possible? Also are there additional "templates" that can be downloaded and used. THANKS Hi, You should be able to do this in 2000. Create a stacked column chart on all 6 data series. Then select one of the series you want as an area chart. Right click and select Chart Type. Change the chart...

formating display in combo box
I am using access 2007. I am displaying a multiple selection in a combo box on a report. I have named it cboBSCCourse with it's control set to the field BSCCourse (it is a multiple select lookup) in a bridge table. The number of items can be from 4 to 7 it lists them out with a comma after each one. I want it to to to the next line after the comma. currently like this item one, item two, item three, item four I want to look like this item one, item two, item three, item four I have been trying to use the replace command like below but cannot get it to work, Since I am using a va...

getting rid of AutoFill names
I'm not sure if this is beter poste din the Contacts group, but here goes. We're using Win XP SP1, Exchange 03 SP-1, Outlook 03. When users try to delete names from their autofill lists that come up when addressing an email, it appears to delete the address/name. But the same name comes back in the next email. Alternatly, newly used address/names are not being added to the AutoFill lists. What would cause this and how can we fix it? Is there any chance this is due to blackberry server interference? Thank you, -Monica Post more clearly please. State how these names are being delete...