Forward links to automatic saved attachments on a shared drive

I receive daily drilling reports in which i have created a rule to auto-save
the attachments using the program EZDetach.

I need to send an auto forward email to a distribution list with a link to
those saved attachments everyday after files have been saved.

How might I automate this instead of doing it manually everyday???????

VBA or scripting - the vba experts hang out at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"KLUG" <KLUG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I receive daily drilling reports in which i have created a rule to
> auto-save
> the attachments using the program EZDetach.
>
> I need to send an auto forward email to a distribution list with a link to
> those saved attachments everyday after files have been saved.
>
> How might I automate this instead of doing it manually everyday???????

0
Diane

setting default save directory for attachments
How do I set the default Save directory to My DOCS as opposed to OLKB5 under Temp Internet FIles? This only occurs while trying to save an opened (unsaved) attachment received in Email. Thanks! ...

Issues of sharing workbooks
Hi all, When I make the workbook shareable, I found that I cannot use certain features like "Advanced Filter". Why is that, and any workaround?? Use Help and search with word "share" The item "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" is informative Tells "what" cannot be done with shared ws; as to "why" you would need to ask Bill Gates. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Frederick Chow" <PleaseRemoveThishkmusc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O3aspviEGHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP10...

How to create wizards with direct links to pages
I was wondering if there was a way to create wizards with direct links to pages like is done in the new project wizard in visual studio? Thanks in advance Gary If you are talking about using hyperlinks on the property pages you could do that with any number of available controls. In fact, there is a link control in the new MFC Feature Pack that would do that sort of thing. If you are talking about just jumping from page to page based on clicking a button or link you could do that by calling SetActivePage() to move to any page in the set. If you'd like to do something with a tree...

save publisher document onto disc
I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto disc? (e:drive) Anissa1 <Anissa1@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. > How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the > hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto > disc? (e:drive) Firstly you need to export your publication as a website to you...

Link to File is not working. EMBEDs are displayed as icons.
I'm trying to create links to image files (.EMF .JPG .WMF) in Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007. Instead of getting a LINK, I get an EMBED Package. Open a blank Word 2007 doc / Insert tab / on Text panel click Object button / Create from File tab / Browse... to the file / turn on "Link to file" / click OK. Depending on the image file type, I either get an icon and filename, or just the filename. Pressing Alt-F9 shows that it got inserted as an "EMBED Package", not a "LINK". If I perform the same steps to link to a Word or Excel ...

preserving cell format between linked documents
I am working in Office Excel 2003. The contractors in my office have a special spreadsheet with two linked sections that copy all the data entered from one form (the CC) into two other forms (the Main and the Addendum). In the description column of the CC form, the rows and cells are formatted to auto-fit and wrap text; however, when something is typed into the description column on the CC form, the description text does not wrap or auto-fit on the Main and Addendum forms. These forms are protected. The input of information/description should only be performed on the CC form. We'...

save as .csv
Cell with content: "Yahoo" will be saved as """Yahoo""" in csv file. The same thing will happen with txt format. Yahoo will be saved as: Yahoo but "Yahoo" will be saved as: """Yahoo""" Is there a way to save "Yahoo" as "Yahoo" in csv or txt format. Thanks. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvnoquotes In article <86BF0153-90EF-419C-A3AF-D5D90F59D709@microsoft.com>, Miljan <Miljan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Cell with content: "...

Link fields if primary is found
I have a registration from that has numerous fields and would to like if the register this year pull all the fields from old over to new db - I can either use exsisting excel or import old into acess. The member nbr is the primary key I am using access 2007 ...

Can I link dates within 2 different cells to a calendar?
\Is is possible to set up an excel worksheet that has different columns (with different categories) of dates to link or import themselves into a outlook calendar for scheduling purposes? I am trying to show jobs that would carry over a period of days or weeks in a calendar format from an excel spreadhseet ...

Why won't explorer open a page when I click a link in an email
When I click a link in an email the email IE either doesn't open or opens and freezes - any ideas how to fix it???? Thanks!!!! Is there any error message? "eslon1" <eslon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4419307-4FF0-413A-9549-5F1DEFFB3066@microsoft.com... > When I click a link in an email the email IE either doesn't open or opens > and freezes - any ideas how to fix it???? Thanks!!!! ...

Graph linked with combo boxes
Dear, I need assistance in plotting a graph which is linked with 3 different combo boxes. I have data for different persons from 1st jan onwards. I have to plot a single graph which is linked with 3 different combo boxes having the drop down list of name, start date and end date. The graph should reflect only the data, once the required person's data for a date range is selected using the 3 different combo boxes. Please assist. Also suggest if there's a better to get this. I could able to link the graph with one combo box earlier using the below link. http://p...

Printing message Attachments
One of our users has come up with an interesting question. They send a fair amount of emails with attachments and have to keep a paper record of all correspondence. When they print the email, none of the attachments are printed. They only want the attachment name and not the actual files to be printed. I've had a look through the print setup, but can not find anything. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers in advance. PJ. 80) "PJ" <phillworboys@GLASSESlycos.co.uk> wrote in message news:KxJPc.253$5_.245@newsr2.u-net.net... > One of our users h...

Every member will receive a single share when we incorporate.
http://groups.google.com/group/eugene-kantarovich?hl=en ...

Save multiple print requests to print on one report
I don't see any questions like the one I have, so this may not be possible. I have 3 Tables; Master, Detail and Book. I have a search screen where a last name is entered and all Master records beginning with the last name displays on a form. Smith, Allen (List Button) Smith, David (List Button) Smith, Ronald (List Button) When the List Button is pressed for Smith, Allen, another list comes up of Detail with the Book information. Smith Allen (Master) Book 1 Title (Book) Page 7 (Detail) Book 10 Page 20 e...

linking folders to excel
is it possible to cut and paste a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet in excel and have a corresponding workbook move folders. i.e. I cut a paste a description of workbook A from one worksheet(named "open") to another worksheet(named "closed"). As of right now workbook A is saved in a folder named "open". I want the saved workbook to automatically move to a folder named "closed". Is this possible? If you want to copy from one worksheet to another: dim fromRng as range dim toRng as range set fromrng = workbooks("open.xls").works...

Adding contacts automatically upon arrival of email
Hi Is it possible that senders of all emails received by me are automatically placed in my contacts? Thanks Regards No. Nor would anyone ever want such a feature. Do you really want every sender of spam in your Contacts? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23P18lxyuEHA.908@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible that senders of all emails received by me are automatically > placed in my contacts? > > Thanks > > Regards > > ...

Workbook with external links shows REF! error in 2007 not in 2003
I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003. It has multiple links to external data sources that are not available to all users. When the workbook is opened in Excel 2003 and the user Selects "Do not Update", they can see the last values in the workbook. When this same workbook is opened in Excel 2007, the linked cells give REF! errors. How do I get the file to open correctly in 2007 and show the last data values instead of the REF! error? TIA ...

File Save In unicode format dialog option
I am using MFC/VC++ & unicode build to launch the Save As dialog using CFileDailog but I need to have an option for 'Encoding' of the file type just like in Notepad save dialog. I tried to check OPENFILENAME Structure but I did not found it a great help . Can You please let me know how to do it? Thanks Anup "Matrixinline" <anup.kataria@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1193208785.385842.323710@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I am using MFC/VC++ & unicode build to launch the Save As dialog > using CFileDailog > > but I need to have an o...

Allowing Attachment
How can I configure Outlook 2002 to allow ALL attachments? It is blocking a couple of programs a friend is trying to send. John there are registry changes required (and I forget what they are ... sorry ... someone will surely provide the links on this thread). Meantime, try "fooling" Outlook. outlook by default rejects file with *.exe extensions. Have your friend use a program to zip them into zip files, or simply change the file extension to *.txt or something. you change the file extension back to what it is supposed to be (*.exe, or *.com) after download. Hope this ...

LINK ERROR #4
Hi all , In my MFC application i am getting the following linking errors..i have declared the variables in stdafx.h and using the variables in the functions in stdafx.cpp files but i am getting these errors.....can any one tell me how to rectify this one? Linking... ProxyDll.obj : error LNK2005: "struct tagVARIANT * arrPropValues" (?arrPropValues@@3PAUtagVARIANT@@A) already defined in ElmProp.obj StdAfx.obj : error LNK2005: "char (* szPropName)[80]" (?szPropName@@3PAY0FA@DA) already defined in ProxyDll.obj StdAfx.obj : error LNK2005: "struct tagVARIANT * arrP...

CRM Office Attachments Stripped by Firebox
I've a Watchguard Firebox X500 that has started stripping attachments to CRM 3 mail. The message I get rather than the attachment ia as follows: [Attachment denied by WatchGuard SMTP proxy (type "vnd.ms-excel/application", filename "My Sheet.xls")] What appears to be happening is that CRM is setting the "Type" back to front. It should appear as (type "application/vnd.ms-excel", filename "My Sheet.xls"). Alyone ever see this behaviour?? Thoughts / direction appreciated, Paul ...

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...

Outlook XP
Hi, I found strange behaviour in Outlook XP. When I send an e-mail with attachement in classic way using non-default account, all is ok. But, when I choose a file and use "send to" option using context menu, change e-mail account on non-default, Outlook ignores this setting and uses standard one (in my case - Exchange account). What may be wrong? Greetings Immon -- I'm on the list. What about you? http://www.imonthelist.info/ ...

Delete attachements in multiple emails at once
Is there any way to delete attachments in multiple emails at once in Outlook 2007? I have over 3000 emails with attachments in my archive folder and I need to delete them because I am over my 2GB allowed space on the shared drive. The attachments have already been save in other folders in the shared drive. The attachments amount to 844MB. If I have to do it one by one, it will take forever. Help! Heather Fabries You'll need to use a utility or VBA. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/code/saveatt.htm for code samples, and http://www.slipstick.com/AddIns/housekeeping.asp...

Saving Received Excel Attachments
When I try to save a received excel email attachment to My Documents, it appears all is well. When I try to retrieve the file, it is not listed in My Documents. I use Windows Explorer to locate the file and it shows it listed in My Documents. Many times I go to My Documents and it is not listed. This happens over and over. What type of problem is this? Should I reload Office 2000 or is this a bug? Lou, This doesn't sound like an Excel problem. You have folder My Documents open, and don't see the file, but in Windows Explorer, you do. That shouldn't happen. Now if you...