Find Related Messages in Outlook 2007

When using the "Find related messages" feature in Outlook 2003, it used to
look in the Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items folder.  Outlook 2007 defaults to
the entire mailbox, including the Deleted Items folder.  Is there a way to
adjust the default settings for the "Find related messages" function?  I'd
like to avoid seeing messages that I have already deleted.

Thanks,
Mark

AFAIK, no. You can sort and group by folder to make it less of a problem.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"MarkH" <MarkH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using the "Find related messages" feature in Outlook 2003, it used to
> look in the Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items folder.  Outlook 2007 defaults to
> the entire mailbox, including the Deleted Items folder.  Is there a way to
> adjust the default settings for the "Find related messages" function?  I'd
> like to avoid seeing messages that I have already deleted.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

0
Diane
11/18/2009 8:44:27 PM
Diane,
It's too bad that Microsoft made changes like this without allowing
flexibility to go back to the old settings.  They must have assumed that we
all empty our Deleted Items folders each time we shut down.  Thanks for the
quick response.

Mark

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> AFAIK, no. You can sort and group by folder to make it less of a problem.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "MarkH" <MarkH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using the "Find related messages" feature in Outlook 2003, it used to
> > look in the Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items folder.  Outlook 2007 defaults to
> > the entire mailbox, including the Deleted Items folder.  Is there a way to
> > adjust the default settings for the "Find related messages" function?  I'd
> > like to avoid seeing messages that I have already deleted.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
>
> .

I'm not sure they assumed anything - I think they just messed it up when
they added instant search because Advanced find is buggy in 2007.

--

> Diane,
> It's too bad that Microsoft made changes like this without allowing
> flexibility to go back to the old settings.  They must have assumed that
> we
> all empty our Deleted Items folders each time we shut down.  Thanks for
> the
> quick response.
>
> Mark
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, no. You can sort and group by folder to make it less of a problem.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "MarkH" <MarkH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When using the "Find related messages" feature in Outlook 2003, it used
>> > look in the Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items folder.  Outlook 2007 defaults
>> > the entire mailbox, including the Deleted Items folder.  Is there a way
>> > adjust the default settings for the "Find related messages" function?
>> > I'd
>> > like to avoid seeing messages that I have already deleted.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Mark
>>
>> .

0
Diane

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Message comes as an attachment

Outlook 2003

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Grammar check not working

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

Exchange 2007 across account search

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...