Expose the TO email address field rather than the display name.

Is there a way to expose the TO email address field rather than the display
name so it may be used in the Outlook list view?

I came across this article that shows how to do it fot the FROM address and
would like to know if there is a way to use this technique for the TO field?

[URL="http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm"]http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm[/URL]

The purpose is that we have many users with multiple email addresses and we
would like to know which address the email was sent to. Outlook is being too
(or not too) smart here. There really should be two colume choices for TO
display name and TO email address.

AFAIK, its not possible for the To field - the address is in the header so
you could use rules to assign categories.

There is a script at http://www.vamsoft.com/tools.asp that stamps the
address in the header on incoming mail (for BCC and bulk mail).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Gary H" <GaryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to expose the TO email address field rather than the
> display
> name so it may be used in the Outlook list view?
>
> I came across this article that shows how to do it fot the FROM address
> and
> would like to know if there is a way to use this technique for the TO
> field?
>
> [URL="http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm"]http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm[/URL]
>
> The purpose is that we have many users with multiple email addresses and
> we
> would like to know which address the email was sent to. Outlook is being
> too
> (or not too) smart here. There really should be two colume choices for TO
> display name and TO email address.

0
Diane
4/26/2010 7:00:03 PM
Thanks Diane,

My customer also an iPhone syncing to Exchange. His iPhone displays the
actual to address and not the resolved Display Name. So, now he wants his
Outlook to do the same. Given that, I can assume Exchange does have the
actual TO address available and I can see it in the header. This is very
frustrating that a simple thing has been so elusive.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> AFAIK, its not possible for the To field - the address is in the header so
> you could use rules to assign categories.
>
> There is a script at http://www.vamsoft.com/tools.asp that stamps the
> address in the header on incoming mail (for BCC and bulk mail).
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473

Calender Fields
How can i create a date field where the user defines the date using a calender. Hi Faiz, Go to settings/customizations/ select the entity you want to add the field to. Click on attributes/ click new/after you give it name select the attribute type/ select date/time. Save and close\ publish Regards, Jarrett http://www.dynamics.com ...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Exclude a field from WHERE clause, if null
Hi all, I'm new to access - sorry, will you help ? I want to exclude a form field from the SQL query, if it is left blank. I do NOT want to set the field as 'Required' , just ignore it as a filter, in case it left blank. Is there a way to do this ? Currently, I get exceptions, due to NULL values. Thanks (please post here - my email is no good) "AAA" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O9fb6WMbIHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I'm new to access - sorry, will you help ? > I want to exclude a form field from the SQL que...

Generic name for User folder?
Word 2007 Vista Enterprise I have a macro that tests for a certain path; the path is something like: C:\Users\JohnSmith\Documents Other people in my organization might find this macro useful. Is there a generic way to designate the person's User folder (i.e., the "JohnSmith" folder in my example) in VBA, so I don't have to rewrite the path code for each person? Thanks. "wal" <ress6oy8@verizon.net> wrote: > Word 2007 > Vista Enterprise > > I have a macro that tests for a certain path; the path is something > like: > ...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

How do I force all capital in a column of lower case names?
I read the help, but it doesn't tell me where to enter the formula. If you do not have a blank column next to the mentioned column, then insert one. Enter the formula in a cell adjacent to the cell you want to change, and copy down. Then copy this column, go to the original column, select a cel, right click and click on Paste Special, tick values. Delete the helper column. Iow, with you lower case data in Column E, click on Column F, if not empty, and insert a column. F is then an empty column. Say your data starts in E2, then in F2 enter =UPPER(E2). Move cursor to the botto...

Display previous and next
Is there a way to have a query that meets certain criteria also display the previous and next record that don't meet the criteria? Let me give a hypothetical example to explain this. Let's say I have a table of client names, address, etc. that is in no specific order. I use a query to sort the data by State, City, Address. I then set a criteria to only show the records that don't have a zip code. Now if I could see the record previous to and just after the record that doesn't have a zip code (let's assume these other records do have a zip code), I might be able t...

display countdown timer in Excel
I'd like to display (in Excel 2003) a countdown timer in a worksheet (either in a cell or a textbox or other control). I want the user to be able to see the clock tick down from say 20 seconds to 0 in one second increments (or decrements, I guess). Is there a function that will do this? If this is somethingVBA can handle better, I can post this question in the programming newsgroup. Thanks, Bert It has to be done through VBA. You could write code or have someone do it for you. That someone would be Bob Phillips who has a free downlaodable workbook with a Timer setup. http://...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

Updating all Fields in Word Document
I need to update all fields in the Word document. I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too. I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html Thank you -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 Sub UpdateAllFields() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges oStory.Fields.Update If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing) Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange ...

'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" Project Name
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, all I wrote a COM project with VS2003, when I compile this project = ,finally I get the error like 'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error = code from "Performing registration" Project Name. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

determining (and displaying) slopes that exceed x
I have created elevation profiles of state park trails that I have GPSed. The X is distance in miles, the Y is elevation in feet, plotted on a scatter chart (the locations of the GPS points is not uniform). I would like to show the areas of the trail that exceed a particular slope in a different color. I suspect I would have to create a new data series that includes just those areas and then add it to the chart. How do I determine which areas meet the criteria I set forth? JZip, Assuming the miles and feet data below, say you want to color any part of the series that exceeds a sl...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Fax Address Book

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Multiple remit-to addresses per vendor
Is there a good way to handle multiple remit-to addresses per vendor? It seems like the only solution is to create one vendor per remit-to address (resulting in a bunch of vendors) or manually switching the remit-to address prior to printing checks (opening the door to more error). You can have an unlimited number of addresses for your vendors. Each address is titled with an address code which must be unique. On the vendor card you choose ONE address as the default Remit To but you can perform a remit to function to any address. cr >-----Original Message----- >Is there a good...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...