Exchange/Outlook Problem - Embedded Images/Linked Resource

My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems
anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It
appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the
yahoo mail servers(img src="cid:
1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example).
The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent
via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but
not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I
have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications
in encoding and embedding the images. The boss refuses to take that
for an answer and I'm not sure what to tell him anymore, as it seems
he thinks it's not working due to a lack of effort on my part...
Someone please help this poor tech out. Explanations, solutions,
idea's, any help is greatly appreciated.
0
skitchin

Entourage definitely cannot forward html, fyi- the workaround is to use
Forward as Attachment, but Outlook should be OK.  Do you have a
hotmail/gmail/etc account he can forward them to, just to confirm it is
happening?

"skitchin@gmail.com" wrote:

> My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems
> anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It
> appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the
> yahoo mail servers(img src="cid:
> 1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example).
> The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent
> via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but
> not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I
> have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications
> in encoding and embedding the images. The boss refuses to take that
> for an answer and I'm not sure what to tell him anymore, as it seems
> he thinks it's not working due to a lack of effort on my part...
> Someone please help this poor tech out. Explanations, solutions,
> idea's, any help is greatly appreciated.
> .

On Feb 19, 4:11=A0pm, Toothsome Papa
<ToothsomeP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Entourage definitely cannot forward html, fyi- the workaround is to use
> Forward as Attachment, but Outlook should be OK. =A0Do you have a
> hotmail/gmail/etc account he can forward them to, just to confirm it is
> happening?
>
> "skitc...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems
> > anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It
> > appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the
> > yahoo mail servers(img src=3D"cid:
> > 1.3069514...@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example).
> > The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent
> > via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but
> > not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I
> > have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications
> > in encoding and embedding the images. The boss refuses to take that
> > for an answer and I'm not sure what to tell him anymore, as it seems
> > he thinks it's not working due to a lack of effort on my part...
> > Someone please help this poor tech out. Explanations, solutions,
> > idea's, any help is greatly appreciated.
> > .

They seem to make it through to my hotmail and gmail accounts. It
seems like they are being properly formatted by the respective
incoming mail servers. The one consistency I am finding is that the e-
mails being reported as problematic all have the embedded images
stored on yahoo servers, which would tell me Outlook is leaving that
part of the message as-is. One suggestion I have given is to copy the
existing e-mail and paste the contents into a newly composed e-mail,
in an effort to manually re-embed the images. Not sure if he'll ever
try it, but experience tells me he'll just keep hitting forward and
demand that I make that way work.
0
skitchin

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Excel button problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Linking files 2 ways

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

"View Image Slide Show"

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?
I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help. the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the background to your foreground images. al "doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E476FD31-FFC3-45C5-8987-EBE2FB98C714@microsoft.com... >I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a > background for a diagram I am creating. I...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails