Every mail item flaged as "reminder"

Outlook 2001
Exchange 2005

On my outlook client to exchange today, every email I had was flagged as a
pop-up reminder (all 1128 of them). I did a dismiss all but ultimately had
to close & restart outlook.

Any idea as to what caused this "reminder"?

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John

Reminders?
Does Money provide the ability to setup reminders? Thank you. "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote on 27 Dec 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > Does Money provide the ability to setup reminders? Money has a "Bills" feature where you can enter bills, paychecks, and other types of transactions. This is normally used for recurring events, but you are allowed to enter transactions that will only occur once. Money will not prompt you that you need to handle the transaction. You have to go look at the Bills screen. Many people set Bills as the opening page ...

reminder option
I have several task I do on a daily bases.How can I set up an reminder message for all week and not just one day? not clear what you want, one reminder, that pops up once, that reminds you of all the tasks for that week? The only way to do that is to make another task that combines the others, schedule it for every monday and have it pop up then "carol" wrote: > I have several task I do on a daily bases.How can I set up an reminder > message for all week and not just one day? "carol" <carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Reminder feature?
I'm using Money 2004. Is there any type of reminder feature? For example, say I want to remind myself to purchase a certain investment on a certain day for my IRA. Thanks, Brett Scheduled Bills? (But you have to open Money to get reminded.) There was a thing that lasted through M04 called Money Express that was supposed to remind you of scheduled items via the SysTray. It was broken for years and rather than fix it they removed it in M05. Read up on Money Express in M04 Help. But don't count on it working well. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message new...

Reminder window doesn't pop up
When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time. Is there a setting for this? How do I make it pop up as it used to on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk? WinXPPro and Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mich What add-ins do you have running in Outlook? IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the ac...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

Are reminders available for PST backup files?
Outlook 2007: I keep a number of my Outlook folders in a backup folder because the capacity of our primary Outlook is limited. If I try to set a reminder for an email in one of the backed up files, Outlook says that reminders are not supported. Is there an alternative? My preference is to flag an email rather than have to input something in the calendar. Thanks. Right click on the root of that folder set and choose Properties. Here you'll find the option; Display reminders and tasks from this folder in the To-Do Bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configu...

Outlook 2002 Reminders #2
One of our VP's was upgraded to Windows XP with Outlook XP (2002). He now has had some problems with his reminders not coming up. He said that the problem is somewhat random and that he has missed several meetings because his scheduled reminders sometimes do not popup. He did not have any problems with Outlook 2000 and I may have to revert back to it. I have already checked most of the basic things that could be network related. He is very computer literate and I just don't have that much experience with post Outlook 2K products. Any ideas? Thanks, Fred Try starting Outlook o...

How to get rid of Microsoft Office Reminders?
I have latest patched version of Office for Mac. Not yet upraded to newest Snow Lepard. I want to make Microsoft Office Reminders NOT run. I don't use it and I don't want my experimental entries showing up. I've tried killing "Microsoft Database" from Settings/Account/Login Items, but it keeps coming back. I don't know if is the one that controls it, but I want that not to run too. Where is the definitive setting to stop Office Reminders and/or Microsoft database? -- --rms www.rmschneider.com Hi Rob, the Office database is needed for Entourage to ru...

Multiple Reminders
I have a group of users that when Out of Office send calendar invitations, sometimes to multiple DL's, sometimes to the entire company. Small company of about 30 users a mix of Outlook 2003 and 2007. Today one Admin of a VP sent an out of office Calendar invite to a few DL's, and everyone she sent it to got about 15 reminders each. Has anyone ever seen this behavior? Is there a way to correct this? It turned out to be a really big issue.. The Admin in question has Outlook 2007 and she sent it from her boss's calendar from her PC. These users use their calendars for everything,...

REMINDERS BASED ON THE DATE
I USE EXCEL WORKSHEET TO MAINTAIN EMPLOYEES VISA EXPIRY, LICENSE EXPIRY ETC. WILL ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A FORMULAE TO USE THE EXPIRY DATE COLUMN TO REMIND ME AND SEND SOME KIND OF REMINDERS ? try conditional format (if cell value >=today() make it (for example ) the cell red copy this conitional format(by using format brush) to all the cells down the column "ILYAS" <ILYAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A2BCEE5-1912-415B-BBC1-05BC70E92E82@microsoft.com... > I USE EXCEL WORKSHEET TO MAINTAIN EMPLOYEES VISA EXPIRY, LICENSE EXPIRY ETC. > WILL AN...

Where is reminder file?
While installing an add-in reminder file (Reminder Manager) I had some trouble and had to uninstall my existing add-in program, Extended Reminder, and then ultimately uninstall the Reminder Manager. Unfortunately it deleted all of my existing reminders (30 in all). I need these reminders. I had all these reminders on my lap top though. Is there a file on the lap top that I can simply copy over to my desktop and reinstall all those reminders? Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Outlook processes Reminders from a special folder in your mailbox called the Reminders Folder. This folder is contained ins...

Turn off save work reminder
How can I stop being reminded to save my work in Publisher 2000? Thanks in advance, Josh Options, User Assistance tab, clear "Remind to save publication." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "josh page" <josqb@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:46b0a69f$0$8926$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > How can I stop being reminded to save my work in Publisher 2000? > > Thanks in advance, > Josh > ...

recieving reminders since re load of exchange 2000
I have recently done a reinstall of exchange 2000 using setup and selecting reinstall all components. Before doing this I did an offline backup of mdbdata. After reinstall moved backed up mdbdata back. All is working okay all emails and public folders are as before. However a few users are complaining that they are recieving reminders from months ago. Any ideas all I can see is the outlook.exe /cleanreminders to fix it. Andrew ...

Outlook reminders
Is there a way to view all the items I've snoozed for an hour or two or a week? -- ms.giz "ms.giz" <msgiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF04855D-DF29-42C2-AB71-CD2014AD9CA5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to view all the items I've snoozed for an hour or two or a > week? I don't believe so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] If you click on Calendar / View / Reminders Window That will show all of your reminders. I am not sure if it will show snoozed items though. ms.giz wrote: >Is there a way to view all ...

Out of office turn off reminder doesn't work
Hi Outlook Gurus, We are moving our computers in our organisation from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Several staff have noticed that if you use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2007, it doesn't automatically remind you to turn it off when you return as it did in Outlook 2003. I also understand you can now specify to turn it on from a particular date before you leave. However, I cannot find any options at the Outlook 2007 client end (via Tools, Options) that remedy this problem. Does this need to be set on the Exchange server side? Can anyone help? Thank you Re...

Reminders as new email arrives
Hi, This is regarding the crop of Oversized file (2 GB pst) and then getting enormous pop up reminders as new mail come in. The Switch of /cleanreminders does not work. Please help Thanks Jishnu Guhathakurta Enormous amount or size? Dismiss them once and they will be gone. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jishnu" <jishguha@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:80d9e10e.0405261118.73aa30e9@posting.google.com... > Hi, > This is regarding the crop of Oversized fil...

Business contact manager
If I set a reminder in business contact manager with a reminder date, it doesn't show up on the listing of Business contacts (which I have set up as a table). I set up the 'Reminder Time' field from 'All Contact fields' in the field chooser. If I enter a date into the field on the table it momentarily gets reformatted to show day of week for example, but within half a second the entry blanks out. Bob ...

calendar reminders
Hi all, My boss's assistant has been setup to have full access to his mailbox. What she needs is the 15 min reminders on his appointment to popup on her computer. She can view/add/edit/delete his calendar and mailbox. However these reminders are not popping up on her computer. Any ideas? Running Outlook/Exchange 2003... TIA! She would need to add his events to her calendar or possibly use the = Reminder Manager tool from http://www.slovaktech.com=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and...

Outlook 2003 All day even reminders
When I schedule an all day even in Outlook 2003, the reminder defaults to 18 hours, even though the default reminder time on the calendar is set to 15 minutes. Is there a way to make this default the same as all other appointments? the default for all day reminders is 18 hours - on the premise that you'll want notification the morning before the event. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...

Reminders Pop-Up Window
I posted this a few days ago and it got buried, thought I'd try again. As far as I know I have no reminder settings for emails, events or any other thing in Outlook. However, today and in the past all of a sudden when opening Outlook hundreds of reminders will show up in a pop-up window asking me what to do with them. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missing but for the life of me can't find it. I'm running Vista and Outlook 2007 Start Outlook with the cleanreminders switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /cleanreminders (note the space in the com...

Stop minimizing calendar reminders
My calendar reminders are always minimized. How do I change the settings so they pop up on the screen? I'm using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7. Tx. ...

Delete reminders from reminder window
Outlook 2002 Is there a way to delete reminders/recurrences from the reminder window instead of opening the item and then deleting? Thanks in advance. ...

What happened to my out of office reminder?
In Outlook 2003, I used to get a reminder when I started Outlook and I had been out of the office (out of office turned ON). Now all I get is a barely noticeable task bar note. This is becoming a major pain. I've gone days back int he office before someone has to remind me to turn off my out of office. So, what happened to the pop-up reminder that your Out of Office is on and how do I get it back? It's gone from outlook 2007 because you can set Outlook to turn it off at a specific time. What version of Exchange server do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Meeting Reminder pops up hours late
I'm working with a group of users who are experiencing a very strange issue, while in the office their meeting reminders pop up late, sometimes several hours late. If they work from home and VPN into our network this does *not* happen, it only happens to them while working from their cubicles. This is only affecting a small group of users who work in the same area in the office. If they run outlook with /cleanreminders the problem goes away for a period of time, but will eventually come back. What is the mechanism that outlook uses to run the reminder pop up, is it strictly a client ba...

Need reminder based on account balance V 9.0
I want to have a reminder (based on a smart list) come up when a GL account balance is not 0. The closest I can get is using period balance and have the reminder when the number of rows is greater than 0, but that triggers the reminder if period 1's balance is 10 and period 2's is -10. I need only when the current balance is 0. Does anyone know of a way to do this that I am missing? I don' believe there is a way using the standard SmartList. If you had SmartList Builder, you could create a new summary SmartList. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bob Harrison" wrote: &...