Error "Unable to Read Item" opening .msg files

I am having intermittent problems where a user will have saved a .MSG file
from Outlook 2003, and then is unable to open it later.

By default, these saved files are marked read-only, and the following error
is displayed "Microsoft Office Outlook - You don't have appropriate
permission to perform this operation."

If the read-only option is unchecked, they receive the following error
trying to open the file "Microsoft Office Outlook - Unable to read the item."

This problem seems to occur randomly to different users. All of my users are
using Outlook 2003 SP3

Any thoughts?

Telarin;112637 Wrote:
> I am having intermittent problems where a user will have saved a .MSG
> file
> from Outlook 2003, and then is unable to open it later.
>
> By default, these saved files are marked read-only, and the following
> error
> is displayed "Microsoft Office Outlook - You don't have appropriate
> permission to perform this operation."
>
> If the read-only option is unchecked, they receive the following error
> trying to open the file "Microsoft Office Outlook - Unable to read the
> item."
>
> This problem seems to occur randomly to different users. All of my
> users are
> using Outlook 2003 SP3

Do they save it in Unicode format or not?

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com