Error adding existing personal folders - Outlook 2007

I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I 
went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the .pst 
file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal 
folders file."

The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in 
Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas why Outlook 
is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook 
Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File 
(.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same message each 
time.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
0
Utf
5/7/2010 6:21:01 PM
outlook.general 7254 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
652 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

No information here.
What steps are you using to "add my personal folders?" You should be 
encountering none of the paths you are if you were doing so correctly.
What steps did you use to copy and transfer these PST files to the new hard 
drive?
-- 
Russ Valentine
"Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E81772D7-216D-4E4E-A0F8-61DBCC997190@microsoft.com...
>I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I
> went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the 
> .pst
> file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal
> folders file."
>
> The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in
> Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas why 
> Outlook
> is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook
> Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File
> (.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same message 
> each
> time.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve 

0
Russ
5/7/2010 8:11:43 PM
One of our I.T. techs copied all my files from my C: drive off my bad hard 
drive, then back onto the reformatted hard drive.  I think the only wrinkle 
is that our organization uses CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield for data 
encryption for security purposes.  As far as I know, the .pst files got 
unencrypted successfully after moving them back onto my hard drive.

To add my personal folders back into my re-installed Outlook 2007, I first 
tried File, Data File Management, then Add data files, found my .pst files, 
attempted to open/add them, and got the error message.  I tried both 
"versions" of data file adding (Outlook, and Outlook 97-2002), both got the 
same errors.  Then I tried Import/Export, and attempted to Import the .pst 
files through the Import wizard.  I got the same error message.

I will check with my I.T. department to see if they can check the individual 
files for encryption/de-encryption.

Thanks,
Steve

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> No information here.
> What steps are you using to "add my personal folders?" You should be 
> encountering none of the paths you are if you were doing so correctly.
> What steps did you use to copy and transfer these PST files to the new hard 
> drive?
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E81772D7-216D-4E4E-A0F8-61DBCC997190@microsoft.com...
> >I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I
> > went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the 
> > .pst
> > file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal
> > folders file."
> >
> > The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in
> > Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas why 
> > Outlook
> > is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook
> > Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File
> > (.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same message 
> > each
> > time.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Steve 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/7/2010 9:09:01 PM
Good information to have. Glad I asked.
Neither method you used to access the PST files is the preferred method. The 
most reliable way to access PST files is File > Open > Outlook Data File...
However, from the additional information you have provided, I suspect even 
that won't work. If it does not, then I would exhort your IT department to 
provide you with a correct and valid copy of your PST file. If they cannot, 
perhaps you can show them how. You should also check to see if these files 
acquired a read only property in the transfer process. If so, remove it. It 
is also worth running the Inbox Repair Tool against these files to see if it 
can fix any errors they might have incurred.
-- 
Russ Valentine
"Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7EB2F4F6-387E-4D2A-95D5-EC632F3BB4E7@microsoft.com...
> One of our I.T. techs copied all my files from my C: drive off my bad hard
> drive, then back onto the reformatted hard drive.  I think the only 
> wrinkle
> is that our organization uses CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield for data
> encryption for security purposes.  As far as I know, the .pst files got
> unencrypted successfully after moving them back onto my hard drive.
>
> To add my personal folders back into my re-installed Outlook 2007, I first
> tried File, Data File Management, then Add data files, found my .pst 
> files,
> attempted to open/add them, and got the error message.  I tried both
> "versions" of data file adding (Outlook, and Outlook 97-2002), both got 
> the
> same errors.  Then I tried Import/Export, and attempted to Import the .pst
> files through the Import wizard.  I got the same error message.
>
> I will check with my I.T. department to see if they can check the 
> individual
> files for encryption/de-encryption.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> No information here.
>> What steps are you using to "add my personal folders?" You should be
>> encountering none of the paths you are if you were doing so correctly.
>> What steps did you use to copy and transfer these PST files to the new 
>> hard
>> drive?
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E81772D7-216D-4E4E-A0F8-61DBCC997190@microsoft.com...
>> >I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 
>> >again, I
>> > went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select 
>> > the
>> > .pst
>> > file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal
>> > folders file."
>> >
>> > The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in
>> > Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas why
>> > Outlook
>> > is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook
>> > Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File
>> > (.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same 
>> > message
>> > each
>> > time.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Steve
>>
>> .
>> 

0
Russ
5/7/2010 9:34:49 PM
Thank you Russ.  I just tried the File > Open > Outlook Data File... method, 
with the same error.  I'm waiting to hear back from I.T.  I will look at the 
file properties in the meantime.

Thanks again for all your input,

Steve


"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> Good information to have. Glad I asked.
> Neither method you used to access the PST files is the preferred method. The 
> most reliable way to access PST files is File > Open > Outlook Data File...
> However, from the additional information you have provided, I suspect even 
> that won't work. If it does not, then I would exhort your IT department to 
> provide you with a correct and valid copy of your PST file. If they cannot, 
> perhaps you can show them how. You should also check to see if these files 
> acquired a read only property in the transfer process. If so, remove it. It 
> is also worth running the Inbox Repair Tool against these files to see if it 
> can fix any errors they might have incurred.
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7EB2F4F6-387E-4D2A-95D5-EC632F3BB4E7@microsoft.com...
> > One of our I.T. techs copied all my files from my C: drive off my bad hard
> > drive, then back onto the reformatted hard drive.  I think the only 
> > wrinkle
> > is that our organization uses CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield for data
> > encryption for security purposes.  As far as I know, the .pst files got
> > unencrypted successfully after moving them back onto my hard drive.
> >
> > To add my personal folders back into my re-installed Outlook 2007, I first
> > tried File, Data File Management, then Add data files, found my .pst 
> > files,
> > attempted to open/add them, and got the error message.  I tried both
> > "versions" of data file adding (Outlook, and Outlook 97-2002), both got 
> > the
> > same errors.  Then I tried Import/Export, and attempted to Import the .pst
> > files through the Import wizard.  I got the same error message.
> >
> > I will check with my I.T. department to see if they can check the 
> > individual
> > files for encryption/de-encryption.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> >
> > "Russ Valentine" wrote:
> >
> >> No information here.
> >> What steps are you using to "add my personal folders?" You should be
> >> encountering none of the paths you are if you were doing so correctly.
> >> What steps did you use to copy and transfer these PST files to the new 
> >> hard
> >> drive?
> >> -- 
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:E81772D7-216D-4E4E-A0F8-61DBCC997190@microsoft.com...
> >> >I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 
> >> >again, I
> >> > went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select 
> >> > the
> >> > .pst
> >> > file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal
> >> > folders file."
> >> >
> >> > The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in
> >> > Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas why
> >> > Outlook
> >> > is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook
> >> > Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File
> >> > (.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same 
> >> > message
> >> > each
> >> > time.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks in advance,
> >> > Steve
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/7/2010 10:49:01 PM
Sure. Keep us posted on what you find.
-- 
Russ Valentine
"Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:384785AB-EE91-48E6-8247-2ECFA2FE37B9@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Russ.  I just tried the File > Open > Outlook Data File... 
> method,
> with the same error.  I'm waiting to hear back from I.T.  I will look at 
> the
> file properties in the meantime.
>
> Thanks again for all your input,
>
> Steve
>
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> Good information to have. Glad I asked.
>> Neither method you used to access the PST files is the preferred method. 
>> The
>> most reliable way to access PST files is File > Open > Outlook Data 
>> File...
>> However, from the additional information you have provided, I suspect 
>> even
>> that won't work. If it does not, then I would exhort your IT department 
>> to
>> provide you with a correct and valid copy of your PST file. If they 
>> cannot,
>> perhaps you can show them how. You should also check to see if these 
>> files
>> acquired a read only property in the transfer process. If so, remove it. 
>> It
>> is also worth running the Inbox Repair Tool against these files to see if 
>> it
>> can fix any errors they might have incurred.
>> -- 
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7EB2F4F6-387E-4D2A-95D5-EC632F3BB4E7@microsoft.com...
>> > One of our I.T. techs copied all my files from my C: drive off my bad 
>> > hard
>> > drive, then back onto the reformatted hard drive.  I think the only
>> > wrinkle
>> > is that our organization uses CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield for data
>> > encryption for security purposes.  As far as I know, the .pst files got
>> > unencrypted successfully after moving them back onto my hard drive.
>> >
>> > To add my personal folders back into my re-installed Outlook 2007, I 
>> > first
>> > tried File, Data File Management, then Add data files, found my .pst
>> > files,
>> > attempted to open/add them, and got the error message.  I tried both
>> > "versions" of data file adding (Outlook, and Outlook 97-2002), both got
>> > the
>> > same errors.  Then I tried Import/Export, and attempted to Import the 
>> > .pst
>> > files through the Import wizard.  I got the same error message.
>> >
>> > I will check with my I.T. department to see if they can check the
>> > individual
>> > files for encryption/de-encryption.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Steve
>> >
>> > "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>> >
>> >> No information here.
>> >> What steps are you using to "add my personal folders?" You should be
>> >> encountering none of the paths you are if you were doing so correctly.
>> >> What steps did you use to copy and transfer these PST files to the new
>> >> hard
>> >> drive?
>> >> -- 
>> >> Russ Valentine
>> >> "Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>> >> message
>> >> news:E81772D7-216D-4E4E-A0F8-61DBCC997190@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007
>> >> >again, I
>> >> > went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select
>> >> > the
>> >> > .pst
>> >> > file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a 
>> >> > personal
>> >> > folders file."
>> >> >
>> >> > The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them 
>> >> > in
>> >> > Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive.  Any ideas 
>> >> > why
>> >> > Outlook
>> >> > is not recognizing them?  It doesn't matter if I choose "Office 
>> >> > Outlook
>> >> > Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders 
>> >> > File
>> >> > (.pst)" when I go to add a new Outlook data file; I get the same
>> >> > message
>> >> > each
>> >> > time.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks in advance,
>> >> > Steve
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>>
>> .
>> 

0
Russ
5/8/2010 1:15:28 AM
"Steve Vincent" <SteveVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7EB2F4F6-387E-4D2A-95D5-EC632F3BB4E7@microsoft.com...

> One of our I.T. techs copied all my files from my C: drive off my bad hard
> drive, then back onto the reformatted hard drive.  I think the only wrinkle
> is that our organization uses CREDANT Mobile Guardian Shield for data
> encryption for security purposes.  As far as I know, the .pst files got
> unencrypted successfully after moving them back onto my hard drive.

The process used to copy the PSTs corrupted them and made them unrecognizable 
as PSTs.  Your only hope now is a commercial PST recovery tool or restoring 
them from the most recent backup you made prior to this incident.
-- 
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 

0
Brian
5/8/2010 8:38:38 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2003 attempting to send messages....
To Anyone: Here is a weird one. OS XP Pro SP2 / Office System Pro 2003. POP mail only. No SMTP authentication required. Everything working fine until recently when Outlook 2003 stopped sending messages and is attempting to send 1 of 2 messages when there are non in the Outbox.... Some posts say re-install Office System. Looking for alternatives. Any takers? ...

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

outlook over RPC new auth behaviour introduced?
I've been trying to isolate a strange issue with OORPC. Prior to some recent patching, a user would be able to log on to outlook over RPC without a workstation being a member of the domain by installing the relevant certificates and configure and setting up outlook as usual. Additionally your local cached login ID (say for example, a domain laptop was offsite and you logged in with cached info) did not seem related to whether you could log into an outlook over RPC account for a different user so long as you were using different outlook profiles. Now it seems that OORPC is only work...

Money 2005 Communication Error
I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem. Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail. In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote: >I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't >import my OFX files from ...

Compile error in hidden module?
Hi everone, In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying: "Compile error in hidden module: This workbook" What does that mean and how can trace it? Regards, Mike http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410 I suggest the latest version of reader. FAST . -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1113229626.615301.108000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi everone, > > In a workbook I am using, e...

Error 1305
I have Office 2000 on my pc, but not Publisher. When I try to add Publisher from disk 2 of Office, I get the 1305 error Error 1305. Error Reading from file. D:\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\SBT\BFM\Whaitif.xla. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Can anyone tell me how to complete this installation? I do have Publisher also installed on my other home pc and both are connected by a wireless network. Would that be the reason it doesn't work? TIA Larry This article also addresses error 1305 OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You Instal...

there was an error reading the rules from the server
I'm getting this error when i try to run the "oiut of the office assistent". any idia? I run Outlook 2000 with Exchange server. Thanks Ronnie ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003
I am using outlook 2003 on a laptop. I would like to sync my changes with my assistant outlook 2003 when I get back to the office. Is it possible to sync contacts ? I do not want to use a central data base but really sync 2 different data bases. thanks phil <phil6987@voila.fr> wrote: > I am using outlook 2003 on a laptop. I would like to sync my changes > with my assistant outlook 2003 when I get back to the office. Is it > possible to sync contacts ? > I do not want to use a central data base but really sync 2 different > data bases. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

DSRestore Error <ID:997>
I'm getting the DSRestore error event in the logs of my PDC Emulator. I found the steps to reset the dsrestore password here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322672 My question is, if I follow those instructions and reset the dsrestore password, will it also reset the administrator account password to match the dsrestore password? Hello Andrew, The DSRM restore mode password has nothing to do with the previous local administrator, when the DC was workgroup server nor with the domain administrator account. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Sharing tasks in OL 2007
We have a staff Atty office which keeps task lists for Civil (CV) and Criminal (CR) cases by year. There are like 2 - 3 for every year such as CV09 and CR09, however they track for more than just the current year. The person that creates these lists uses some user defined fields so when new users get these shared, they have to create the same fields. My question relates to the inconsistent behavior of the field when adding it to a new task list. Sometimes, the user enters a new field and it is available for subsequent task lists and other times the user has to add teh same new...

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

Copy Public Folders
I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 server using Outlook 2000. It starts copying and stops, saying an unknown error has occurred. I am using the administrator mailbox which is the Service Administrator in Exchange. I can view, open, and make changes to the items in the Public Folders. Any ideas? "David Hurst" <11dhurst@123vecelliogroup.com> wrote in news:ur2q9bY8DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 > server using Outlook 2000. > It starts copying and stops, saying an...

Sharing Outlook #2
I want to set up three account on my outlook. I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from profile to profile while in outlook? nope...afaik... "PaulaDawn" <blah@blah.net> wrote in message news:OHC8VWbSEHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to set up three account on my outlook. > I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from > profile to profile while in outlook? > > Only by shutting down and restarting - switching MAPI profiles is not as easy as switching identities in Outlook Express. --� Milly Stap...

Outlook user profiles
I set-up two different user profiles in outlook. I am not able to change the settings in one user profile under Tools/options/mailset-up without it changing the settings on the other user profile. I need to apply individual settings for each. Anyone know how to remedy this? I have tried everything! Which settings are youi trying to change? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "gia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

"Object not found" error and Archive Folders
I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th following error dialog is displayed "The operation failed. An object could not be found I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile with no issue - this is also my default archive folder. To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a spe...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines
Hi! I synchronize my PDA daily and as part of its software, Newsbreak, I can send myself emails of interesting stories with URL links to look up online later when I get home and connect. When I load them into Outlook 2003 and send them to myself, very long URLs appear correct in the Outbox version of the emails. When I end up receiving the emails back INTO Outlook, it cuts off lines beyond a certain length, thereby rendering the URLs broken. Now I can look in the Sent Items and click the good version of the URL but I would really love to know how you keep Outlook 2003 from hatcheting...

Report Error
Hi all, any ideas on this.... We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users except one ! When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be found. I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ian Hi Ian, Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her other reports as well? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <...

windows xp frontpage error
Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is freezing computer and won't open excell. Hi Diana, Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate newsgroup. I believe the error message being received is infact askin...

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

Can't access comcast newsgroups in outlook express 6 or Outlook 2003
Hi, I had the comcast news server working in both aps, but trying to make it work with outlook 2003 as the default program to access the newsgroup reader, by removing the newsgroup account in outlook express 6, I now can't get it to connect in either ap. duh... It's completely gone from Outlook 2003, ie, where before, under the go button there was a link to news, now there is not. Outlook express 6 still has the newsgroup reader, that's how I'm sending this, but when i try to go to the comcast news server it repeatedly asks for my username and password. I deleted the a...

Outlook Signatures #4
I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature. When I am composing a new email and select a different account to send from the sinature does not change. I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work automaically. Any suggestions please ? Graham Redman <grahamredman@btinternet.com> wrote: > I have 3 mail accounts, each with a different signature. > > When I am composing a new email and select a different > account to send from the sinature does not change. > > I can of course change it manually, but it doesn't work > automaically. P...

Sending URL in Outlook XP
When I try to send a page by email from IE 6, Outlook displays a message saying Outlook has blocked access becuase of potentially unsafe. Is there a work around for this. I used to be able to send the page as an icon or send the page as a link. How can I get these features back? Thanks, Mark ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook
I'm trying to import contacts from my office XP system running Outlook 2003 back to my home computer running Win 98 with Outlook, unsuccessfully. I've also tried to install Outlook XP software onto Win 98 and while it appears to be installed, there is no difference. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Outlook 2003 pst-files cannot be opened in previous versions of Outlook. You'll have to move them to an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file first. For detailed instructions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto...

Not a make item error
I am trying to create a BOM for an item I just created. I set the Item Replenishment Method to 'Make' on the Item Resource planning screen, but get an error when trying to create a BOm for this Item. What have I missed? Hi Adam, You have to assign this item as Make item in the Item Engineering window also. Thanks "Adam" wrote: > I am trying to create a BOM for an item I just created. I set the Item > Replenishment Method to 'Make' on the Item Resource planning screen, but get > an error when trying to create a BOm for this Item. What have I miss...