error 0x8004210 occurs when I try to send email from outlook Vista

When I send emails addressed to any number of recipients from my att.net
email account, I receive:

Task 'email@ATT.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot
connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive
this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
(ISP).'

I get the same message intermittently when I try to send emails to multiple
recipients from my gmail accounts (I can send to individuals).

"BMcD" <BMcD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I send emails addressed to any number of recipients from my att.net
> email account, I receive:
>

> Task 'email@ATT.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot
> connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive
> this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
> (ISP).'
>
> I get the same message intermittently when I try to send emails to multiple
> recipients from my gmail accounts (I can send to individuals).

Double-check your account settings in Outlook.  The message indicates the
server name may be incorrect.  The gmail issue may (or may not) be entirely
separate, but you don't specify enough details to determine that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/20/2010 6:08:46 PM
BMcD wrote:

> When I send emails addressed to any number of recipients from my att.net
> email account, I receive:
>
> Task 'email@ATT.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot
> connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive
> this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
> (ISP).'
>
> I get the same message intermittently when I try to send emails to multiple
> recipients from my gmail accounts (I can send to individuals).

Configure the e-mail account(s) defined in Outlook to authenticate to the
SMTP mail host.

Disable the superfluous scanning of inbound and outbound e-mail traffic by
your anti-virus software.
0
VanguardLH

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication