Edit menu on received messages

Hi All

Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received
message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise.

We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when
received using HTML.

The folks would need to know the version of Outlook you are using first.

Arne wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received
> message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise.
>
> We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when
> received using HTML.

0
Bob
2/2/2010 2:05:58 PM
Hi we are using Outlook 2003

"Bob I" wrote:

> The folks would need to know the version of Outlook you are using first.
>
> Arne wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received
> > message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise.
> >
> > We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when
> > received using HTML.
>
> .

R-click the Menu area, Select Customize, then R-click on Edit, Select
Delete.

Arne wrote:

> Hi we are using Outlook 2003
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>The folks would need to know the version of Outlook you are using first.
>>
>>Arne wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All
>>>
>>>Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received
>>>message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise.
>>>
>>>We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when
>>>received using HTML.
>>
>>.

0
Bob

X.400 message DDA configuration procedure
I am having the problem exactly described in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;160947&Product=ech The resolution is: Configure the X.400 message so that the DDA type and DDA value are not null. The maximum value for the DDA type is 8 and the maximum value for the DDA value is 128. I was not able to find the proper procedure for that fix in the Knowledge Database nor in MS's Exchange 5.5 Guides. Any help is very appreciated, Thanks in advance This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_017B_01C3BB11.DF73EB20 Content-Ty...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

How do I get the header to print out for e-mail messages?
For some reason, I am unable to print out the header of e-mail messages and it only prints out the message but not the time/date, subject, To..., From...., etc. Does anyone have an idea how to get this back on? Aloha yoda_the_webmaster, I'm guessing you're using Outlook 2003 (or earlier?) with Internet Explorer 7. That's a known issue that the IE team is working on. In the meantime you can either try and go back to IE6, upgrade to Outlook 2007 (which is unaffected because it doesn't use IE to print HTML messages) or edit the message and change the format to Rich T...

Error Message: Could not open one or more attachments
Whenever I use the "Send To" options in Excel, Word or any text format and choose "mail as attachments" in Outlook 2000, I keep getting the error message "Could not open one or more attachments." Any ideas to fix this? Any help is very much appreciated. ...

Forwarding messages messes up HTML tables

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

Unread Message in Public Folders
Hello, the bold number next to Public Folders, showing the number of unread messages, does not match the number of actual unread messages in the folders. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 97 but this did not fix it. Any ideas? Thanks. Randy What happens if you refresh the view? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Randy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Hello, the bold number next to Public Folders, showing the | number of unread messag...

SEND AND RECEIVE ALERT
Hi I am using outlook 2002. I use MSN6 messanger for chatting. Before I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer MSN6 used to give me an alert when new mail arrived. But after installing athe OL2002 it does not do that anymore. I have checked the settings for the messanger and "Alert me when new message comes" box is checked. Can anyone help me out that I can use the feature again? Sincerely Arefin rifat83@msn.com ...

Outlook times out when receiving
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. Any ideas? What error message do you get? Do you use a virusscanner that scans incoming mail? If so; disable the incoming mail scan and see if it still happens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed w...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Saving messages in OE V6
Can I save out messages in outlook as I can with the address book ??? Hi, Alan - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpr...

Edit the notes field
Hello, is it possible to edit the display of notes in the notes field? I thinkt there is too much overhead, so I would remove the "title" and the "created from" for example. How is this possible? Thank you! Regards, Uwe Hi again, isnt this possible? As our notes get more and more, the two additional lines of information per note produce a lot of overhead. Thank you! Regards, Uwe On 25 Apr., 15:12, Uwe Braunholz <uwe.braunh...@hotmail.de> wrote: > Hello, > > is it possible to edit the display of notes in the notes field? > I thinkt there is too muc...

Printing Sent and Replied to Messages
I have a user that cannot print any Sent or Replied to messages it seems, but randomly one that is sent to them is printable. Seems to be only happening to the one user and no one else is having the problem. The user is using Windows XP Pro, and Outlook 2003. Thx Eric I would also like to add she has alot of HTML goodies in her emails, such as "Dancing Cats and Dogs" Just and FYI Thx Eric Eric <ecomaz@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a user that cannot print any Sent or Replied to messages it > seems, but randomly one that is sent to them is printable. Seems to > b...

Message
Hi. I modified a worksheet and did a save as. Now, I get a messag when I open it that says something like : This worksheet contain links to outside data sources......do you wish to update? How do I ge rid of this? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm It'll help you find those links. Then you can see what you want to do with them (convert to values or point at something else) "Scottmk <" wrote: > > Hi. I modified a worksheet and did a save as. Now, I ...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Cannot add sound or video any more to Outlook E-mail (Word Mail) message!
Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. Recently updated both to their newest service packs. (including xpsp2). Word (2003) is set as my e-mail editor for Outlook 2003. Before I could add video, audio, or marquee text to an Outlook E-mail message by clicking on the appropriate icon on the "Web Tools" toolbar. Now when I click on one of those icons, I get an error message like the following: ---------------------- The object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has ...

Not receiving mail #2
Hi Having recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, some mail has been failing to get through. However, switching to Outlook Express to look at newsgroups, it's in the Inbox. It's some mail, not all, and it's all correctly addressed. And of course other mail does get through, so mysettings are correct. Ideas please? Psychman You have not designated Outlook as your default in Internet Options, Programs if OE is still getting your mail. Do that and then open OE accts and change the setting to Leave copy on server, in case OE gets the mail before OL. "psychman" wrote:...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

Exchange 2000 Cannot delete mail message
Have several messages in a few mailbox users inboxes that can not be deleted. The local client is a pop account pulling messages down from server. Server shows an e-mail message in inbox but it is not downloading because the file path is not available and therefor can't be moved to local computer. When I view the server database, I can see the message, but can not delete. When I view from command prompt, same results. Can not delete, rename or anything as path is not specified or available...yet it is there. How can I delete this message? Have you tried using MDBVue32 and/o...

Maccro Enabled message
We set up a spreadsheet that had macros in it. I deleted the macros, but our users are still getting a message asking if they want to enable the macros. I told them changing their macro security would get rid of the message, but that this would have to be done on each pc. Please let me know if there is some way to make the spreadsheet not generate this message other than changing the macro security level. Thanks! Ken K. -- akkrug akkrug;392236 Wrote: > We set up a spreadsheet that had macros in it. I deleted the macros, but > our > users are still getting a message a...

Can't receive emails in HTML format.
I looked in the "opions" part of "tools" on the tool bar for Outlook 2000. I found the "mail format" section and it is set at HTML at the top where is says outgoing format and advanced settings. For some reason Outlook changed from automatically receiving html format to only text. I didn't change any of the settings either. How do I set Outlook so that I can receive emails in the html format so I can see the emails as they were intended to be seen? I hope someone can help with this issue. Thanks! G'Day Mr C! The e-mail format is set by th...

Formula you typed contains an ERROR message
Hi Everyone - I am trying to enter the following formula: ***************************************************************** =IF($C7="SIL",0, IF((AND(OR($D7="Whole Shelled",$D7="Ground Shelled"),$R7<15.5,$R7>=0)),1, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)<15.5,$R7>=0)),0.5165, IF((AND($D7="Whole Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.5572, IF((AND($D7="Ground Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.6288, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)>50)),0.3016, IF(AND($D7="Ground Cob",$R7-5<=50,$R7-5>=15.5), INDEX(Tables!$A$131:$D$166,MATCH(($...

Messages queue up in hte outbox
I see the below described events listed in the system log & anywhere from 30 min to 8 hours later users begin to complain that messages are not leaving their outboxes. I try & restart the information store & it times out trying to stop the service, I then kill the store.exe process & restart the services & all is happy until that event appears again. This has happened probably 7 times in the past two weeks. I have reinstalled Sp4 for Exchange, didn't help. event: Source: Application Popup Category: None Event ID: 26 Description: Application Popup: store.exe - Applicati...

Auto resend message from Outlook / Exchange
Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send out last year message to another user. same day another user report suddely receive last year message, i try search send message in outlook send item, but no this message, i am note sure which part problems. ITJACKIE wrote: > Yesterday I have got problems with my company exchange / outlook , i > am not sure, the story as a user report suddently outlook auto send > out last year message to another user. same day another user report > suddely r...