http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AD864D32-3530-4513-97EE-00E82CFB4C16@microsoft.com...
> If I put a flag for reminder on an email in my inbox.  It puts 2 reminders
> on
> right hand pane.
>
> If I remove 1 of them it removes both of them and on email?

0
Ben

Summing Duplicate Entries
Following is a sample of data exported from our DOS-based order entry system in CSV format: PART# QUANTITY LIST SALE PRICE PRICE OP-AHS-100 2 Each $46.75 $37.40 OP-AHS-025 1 Each $13.00 $13.00 OP-PRG-100-H 2 Each $44.50 $44.50 OP-PRG-025-H 1 Each $12.50 $12.50 AP-AHS-025 1 Each $75.75 $75.75 AP-PRG-025 1 Each $12.50 $12.50 AP-SSS-025 1 Each $0.00 $0.00 * 0 $0.00 $0.00 * 0 $0.00 $0.00 OP-AHS-500 1 Each $220.50 $220.50 AP-AHS-500 1 Each $945.50 $945.50 OP-CCG-500-H 1 Each $549.50 $549.50 AP-SSS-500 1 Each $0.00 $0....

2010: Linking from Business Contact Manager is failing
If i make a link from projects or project tasks in BCM 2010 to OneNote 2010 and then open it in OneNote, there will come a normal Outlook task form and not the original project or project task form. Same issue with BCM 2007 and OneNote 2007. After SP2 linking with project tasks is working fine, but linking with projects is still not working. Please fix it!! ...

Will Outlook 2010 work on an Apple Server with Apple Devices?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I operate a small consulting firm that uses a mac-mini server with Snow Leopard OS. Each employee has a Macbook and iPhone which are &quot;sync-ed&quot;. You would think that with all Apple products, and the fact that Apple touts their mac-mini as a great business server with unlimited user expandability, that we would be in great shape. There is one huge problem. The Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book programs are woefully inadequate for business use. I could go into why but, any...

DPM 2010 EVAL Error 917 when trying to access library
Hi, we used DPM2007 for over a year successfully with a HP MSL 2024 Tape Library. Now we changed to DPM2010. When we try to access the library through DPM, the management shell always crashes with following error: Connection to the DPM service has been lost. Review the application event log for information about a possible service shutdown. Verify that the following services are not disabled: DPM DPM Replication Agent SQLAgent$MSDPM2010EVAL MSSQL$MSDPM2010EVAL Virtual Disk Service Volume Shadow Copy ID: 917 A Fast Inventory or Detailed Inventory are not possible. Als...

2010 2007 compapibility
There is a problem with opening a 2010 database with 2007. As a developer and Open License user, I have the new 2010 full version. When I made a minor form change and saved the accdb with 2010, users with 2007 can no longer open the database. Same with accde. No error message, just doesn't respond. ...

cleaning up duplicative data table
Hey folks: Stumped again! I have a data table from my phone switch that looks like this dn, name, type, keynum, fcode, param 2000, Sally Smith, m2006, 0, scn, 2000 2000, Sally Smith, m2006, 1, trn, 2000, Sally Smith, m2006, 2, cnf, 2000, Sally Smith, m2006, 3, adl, 5252 2001, Joe Schmoe, m2008, 0, scn, 2001 2001, Joe Schmoe, m2008, 1, cnf What I'm trying to do is to make this into a table that I can index on dn (dialed number, aka 'extension) so that it looks like this: dn, name, type, key0code, key0param, key1code, key2code, key2param, ... key15param 2000, Sally Smith, m2006, sc...

duplicate emails #16
Hi everyone, Does anyone know why I receive TWO copies of every email in my inbox. I use a blackberry as well that is directly linked to my ISP (RR) where I only receive ONE copy so i guess there must be incorrect setting somewhere in my laptop. I called my ISP but they do not support Outlook 2002 (my version). Please help. Thanks, Emery See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Emery" <anonymous@discussions...

Duplicate mailbox in E5.5
During migration, after I moved one of the mailboxes, I ended up with one mailbox in Exchange 2003 and one new mailbox in Exchange 5.5. Exchange 2003 mailbox has the size of the original mailbox, almost 1GB. The Exchange 5.5 mailbox has only 1KB. The strange part is user's Outlook profile still points to the Exchange 5.5 mailbox, he can receive / send messages but PDA synchronisation is not working and especially calendar features are affected. How can I delete the Exchange 5.5 mailbox? I’m reluctant to do it from Exchange Administrator in 5.5, it might delete the AD account. I...

Must be a solution
I have now researched this problem and seen it posted numerous times -- here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange2000.win2000/browse_frm/thread/345836ac35174546/6cd67442c2d59a77?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#6cd67442c2d59a77 Here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_frm/thread/8a1f33aaab6b1a8c/bf9ce3a8f067ca40?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#bf9ce3a8f067ca40 here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_frm/thread/739f0b75870b8c74/?hl=en Has anyone found a solution? Description: (Borrowed some a ...

in word 2010 beta the right mouse menu doesn't work
If you click on the right mouse knob in a page of word 2010, the menu flashed up a moment and disappeared. You can't select a menu item. No problems with it here in 2010 using a real mouse. Are you using a notebook with a touchpad mouse thing? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "JV" <JV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC48B951-9EE5-40FD-BB38-500BA826C89B@microsoft.com... >...

Duplicate Email in my Inbox
Hi all, I notice that my outlook starts to act strange. I have SmallBusinessServer 2003 Exchange Server running on my server and I'm using window 2000pro with Office 2000 (out look 2000) on my workstation. My outlook is configured for exchange. Recently, I notice when I try to send a word doc as an attachment. I get a copy of the email message in my INBOX, saying that it has not been sent. But the recipient got the email i sent fine. I check the rules and I do not have anything setup for duplicate emails. For instance, I open up word and type a letter. I go to File->send...

Follow-up flag reminders in Outlook 2003...
I keep setting follow-up flag reminders in Outlook 2003 (SP1) under Windows XP (SP2), the items appear as flagged but reminders do not pop up like they should!!! Does anyone have an idea why that might be? Thanks, JML flags only fire in the default folders. you'll need reminder manager from slovaktech.com to fire them from other folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

Duplicate Name List
I have a large file, some 3000+ lines with account names, of these most are duplicated, at the most there are only around 70 individual names. How can I produce a list with just one line for each name. Hi 1- Search help for advanced filter. or 2- arrange the accounts in ascending order. If ur data starts from cell A1, then in B1 write this formula "=A1=A2". Drag this formula down to the last account. Apply auto filter and delete all records that are TRUE. there might be other ways of doing this but these are the quickest. Regards Asim -------------------------------------...

conditional formatting for not duplicate rows.
I have A, B columns, and I want to do conditional-formatting for rows whose A is the same and B is not the same. I mean X 1 Y 2 Z 3 Z 3 Y 1 X 2 because for all rows B column for X have different (1,2), so i want to highlight them. on the other hand, for Z's B column have the same values(3) so I want them to be intact. Am I clear? One way Assume data within A1:B100 Select A1:B100 (with A1 active), then apply CF using Formula Is: =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$100=$A1)*($B$1:$B$100=$B1))<2 Format to taste, ok out. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "kang...

Exchange 5.5 "hidden flags" mystery
Hi everyone, does anyone have the details for the following story: I recently came across a weird Outlook problem: some postboxes refused the archive and offline function (Outlook gave just a meaningless error message). After a lot of trial an error I tracked the problem down to that within the affected postboxes there were files with attachments, that could neither be opened or moved. Moving all unaffected files with attachments out of the box I found that approx. 20 of 200 files were affected. All had attachments (of different kinds, like doc, xls, pdf and such), were of different s...

Quickly locating duplicate records
I have a large merged list of member records from different sources. There are two important fields -- member number and email address. I need to identify duplicate records and eliminate both exact duplicates and duplicates where one key field is the same but the other is not -- i.e., I have to make a determination of which record is most accurate. I can eliminate the exact duplicates using the advanced filter, but it is the other type that is problematic. After sorting on member number and email address, is there a way to find duplicate pairs (using first one field and then the other) so ...

Change time on Follow Up Message Flag
Hi Is it possible to configure the default "message flag" which is added to messages when marking them for follow up, to automatically start the time at 09:00 or at least 08:00? Instead of the current "None" ? If so where and how. Thanks ...

Most received messages duplicated
Most of my incoming messages are received twice at the same time in my IN Box. I have Windows XP and Office XP, Cable modem. It didn't use to be that way, but I don't remember how, when or how it changed to flood me with duplication. How can I arrange to receive my messages only once? I thank you in advance for your help, and wish you a joyeous holiday season! ...

Words with "-ing" getting flagged in emails
Recently, whenever I compose a new email or reply to an existing one, any words I type that end in -ing, the word gets that red underline as is it is being flagged for spell check. I have the automatic spell check on, but it will allow me to send the email without asking to correct these words so I didn't think anythin of it. I just found out that the recipient sees my message with the -ing separated from the root word. I have typed "I am sending you the file." And they see " I am send ing you the file." I am not very savvy with computers, but I have manag...

not the typical flag follow up question
Outlook XP SP3, Exchange 5.5 SP?, Win 2k SP3 In the default inbox folder, my user flags a email for follow up with date and time. when that time comes, no reminder pops up. This problem is machine independant, it occurs for her email account every machine I tried it on. Could this be a setting in Exchange? If so how could this have happened when everyone is created from the same template? Any help would be greatly appreciated. You have to press the Reminder speaker button when setting up the time. It will ask for a wave file to play for the reminder. Then it works. "Shaun M....

SUM values in a column till you reach a flag in another column- Urgent
Hello: My data is something like this: Column1 Column2 Flag 1 200 0 2 300 0 4 500 1 6 400 0 7 300 0 9 600 0 I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the flag seperately. In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output for the above sheet. The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by a simple formula. Please help. This is Urgent. Than...

macro duplicate sheets and refresh links
Hi, I need a macro that duplicates the sheets that I previously selected and that refreshes all links. I mean the links musn=B4t be linked to the original sheet that has been duplicated. It must change when the sheets name changes. Thank you so much for your help ...

Duplicates
I have a list of names and I would like to check whether I have any d-plicates in a column rather than checking by eye. If anyone knows how to do this please - then I would be very grateful if someone post a solution. Kind regards Try Chip Pearson's web site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm Scroll down to the D's, and check out the pages on Duplicates. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== <nospam_musrol@btinternet.com> wrote in ...

Follow up flag pop-up
Messages flagged for follow up only pop-up if the messages are stored in the default in-box. If the messages are stored in another folder than the pop-up reminder function does not work. Is there a way to change the properties of the folder or any default settings to work around this? No, however, depending on your version and mode of Outlook, there is a program written by MVP Ken Slovak that will allow reminders to fire from non-default folders. http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

Notes getting duplicated
Hi, Notes entered in Payroll Manual Checks getting disappeared. Also sometimes notes in Receving Trx Entry is getting dupliacted and is visible in Cost Category or Project Notes.We are facing this problem very frequently.Can anyone suggest me some possible solutions to this. Thanks & Regards, Syam Are you talking about the OLE notes? Those little post-it note icons next to many fields? This is a common problem if the ole notes are not initially installed correctly. I have heard that there are some solutions but most that I tried did not work perfectly. The best solution I have ...