double booking in calendars

Hi All,

I spent hours this morning on what seems to be a known issue. We have
Outlook/Exchange 2003. We have mailboxes that are set up as Resources.

Most everyone uses the resources properly and they handle the bookings
quite well. However, some people just go and open the calendar and
make appts that conflict.

I see a lot of articles on this, but I don't see a juicy answer. I
played around with permissions and they don't work how I would expect.
For example, I can't remove the folder's visbility 'cause then you
can't do anything.

Any help is always appreciated!

Rich
0
Rich

Excel and SQL Server
I am looking to integrate Excel and a back end MS SQL Server database. The database is running on MS SQL server and has statistical information for help desk agent call stats. I want to create a spreadsheet that can query the database and provide certain information about agent stats, to our agents. Something the agents can use to keep up to date with their performance. I have a general idea of how to do this, but am looking for an Excel book that can assist me with this. Something beyond the basic, and with some depth in SQL database integration. (Note: I am not a programmer, but have hav...

Sharing calendar
I have about 30 people on my exchange server and I have set the "default and Aynomous" rights to reviewer under share my calendar for everyone. However I cannot see about 7 of these people any ideas. Am I missing something email address is blake.ledet@tfmx.com That setting enables them to see your calendar, not you to see theirs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "exchange calendars" <exchange calendars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A44B5091-8205-403B-A9BD-00C3AE11769F@microsoft.com.....

Book recommendations?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633582/thejosephmnewcom/103-9125509-4323828 MFC Programming (Alan R Feuer) Is this a good one for MFC, for someone who did a fair bit of lightweight dialog based app programming for tools several years ago, and would like to get back to speed with that, but perhaps learn a bit more "properly" how to make use of MFC and Windows based programming. Lee Harris wrote: > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633582/thejosephmnewcom/103-9125509-4323828 > MFC Programming (Alan R Feuer) > > Is this a good one for MFC, for s...

How to synchronise calendar and Contact with other outlook users ?
I would like to share and synchronise my calendars & contacts Actually i use OSASYNC to do this, but i saw that with the new version of Office2007, we can share documents (i do it for excel for example) Does anyone now the trick??? Thanks Fabien There are different options for sharing in Office 2007. First start by reviewing the option that are available by going to the Help menu and searching Share. This may answer your question if not let us know Best Regards, -- Francine Otterson Microsoft Outlook MVP President, San Diego Outlook User Group i see the help file, but it's ...

Generate a Calendar Reminder
Is it possible for Microsoft Access to Generate a Calendar Reminder in Microsoft Outlook? I have a database that the users put a date into a form for a process to return to the standard. I would like to have a calendar reminder in Microsoft Outlook be generated from that date. Is this possible? Thanks Sure, have a look at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/OutlookForms2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "patientgrow" <patientgrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C77CA52-928C-4F...

Managing calendars in Outlook
Following helpful advice in February I have a new, related problem. I have an iPaq which I would like to synchronise with my work diary. I have done this by exporting my work diary from my ork computer onto a memory stick as a ..pst file, importing the diary into Outlook on my home computer then synchronising my iPaq with the home computer. (I am not allowed to download the iPaq synchronisation software on my work computer.) Despite advice not to import, this worked well up until a week or so ago. I now find that I cannot import from the memory stick onto my home computer - I get a ...

Business FAX display in Address Book
How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my address book? I get two entries for each contact. Outlook 2003. JJ In news:1136473708.958787.23230@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Julie_J <julie_j30@hotmail.com> typed: > How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my > address book? I get two entries for each contact. Outlook 2003. > > JJ See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Julie_J, you wrote on 5 Jan 2006 07:08:29 -0800: > How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my > address...

Problem with Outlook 97 address book
I just purchased a new computer that has Wind. XP. My old computer has Wind. 2000. I can not retrieve my address book from my backup disc. I have tried importing it but it just adds personal folders without content. Help!!! I do not want to retype all my Address Book. steve <sssb@msn.com> wrote: > I just purchased a new computer that has Wind. XP. My old > computer has Wind. 2000. I can not retrieve my address > book from my backup disc. I have tried importing it but it > just adds personal folders without content. Help!!! I do > not want to retype all my Address Boo...

Double Line Before Signature
Hi, When I reply to an email outlook inserts a double line height line before my signature, when I delete this line my signature font reverts to times new roman. Is there a way top stop this happening? Thanks for your advice? ...

attachments to calendar item scheduled by someone else
How does one add information/attachments to a calendar item scheduled by someone else so that the information/attachments are not lost when the meeting is updated by the organizer? Thanks, Barb ...

document that folds like a book
I have a .docx that the information is in 5.5 x 8.5 and I want it to flip in lanscape. Like a ring binder in landscape. Can anyone help me with this? I am using Word 2007 See http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/word/HP030729491033.aspx -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wkumamoto" <Wkumamoto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBB60E97-DFC2-430D-BA19-8213BD862412@microsoft.com... >...

multiple copies of contacts after sync, and only one category is showing in address book
I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Also he has his contacts separated into categories and only one shows in the address book - how can I get them all to show? thanks in advance for your help. mleon he is using outlook 2003 michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com <michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com> wrote: > I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies > of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Select the duplicates and click Delete. > Also he has his contacts separated...

Calendar
Hi everyone, Setup: Exchange 5.5 - Outlook 2000 (Corp Workgroup setup) I need to allow User2 the proper privileges to maintain User1's Calendar, Appointments etc. I do not want any additional access or privileges for User2 (e.g. NO Email access) How can I accomplish this? As always, Thank You in Advance for any assistance, Terry Use the delegate funcationality within Outlook; or when logged in as User2, right click the calendar, choose Properties and then Permissions. Rights via this method can be more finely tuned that granting rights to the whole mailbox - eg, Author, Cont...

Calendar Issue #2
Hello, We are running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. We have an issue. When somone sends a meeting invitation to a specific person another user that was not invited gets the invite as well. Any ideas why this user would be getting invited? There are no forwards set up either. Thanks! On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:32:18 -0400, "Kevin Thomas" <kthomas00@verizon.net> wrote: >Hello, > >We are running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. We have an issue. When >somone sends a meeting invitation to a specific person another user that was >not invited g...

added public calendar but no appts show up
A user has added a public calendar to her system but none of the appointments in it show up on her PC and the appointment that she added does not show up on the calendar that others have. Is there a delay in synchronizing? Can I force it? TIA Larry I smell Outlook03 in cached mode... "Larry D" wrote: > A user has added a public calendar to her system but none of the > appointments in it show up on her PC and the appointment that she added does > not show up on the calendar that others have. Is there a delay in > synchronizing? Can I force it? TIA > > L...

address book ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C46FF2.C621D010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Why do some of my names show up with the first name , first and some = show up with the last name first. It gets them for my contacts and all of them are last name first which = is what I want. When you try to send a e-mail you have to look for names. =20 When I check the properties for the ones that have the first name first = they are setup the same as the ones that have the last name first. it get a...

U.W.- Identical Formatted cells in two xls-sheets in one book
Dear all, still in my diploma thesis. Thanks to Frank Kabel for his last answer- it was a very useful tip. The situation: I have got two xls-sheets in one book, sheet A and B with a huge amount of numbers. In sheet A there is a conditional formatting of the numbers. The result is that the numbers in one cell have the colors red, yellow or green. In sheet B there are the same numbers as in sheet A but for a different view in another order and so on. But the value of a cell is a reference of a cell from sheet A, e.g. in sheet B,cell B1: =A!B1 Now my question: I want to "take over...

Entourage calendar erased except recent events and ongoing events

Sharing calendar and contacts with outlook 2003
I need a simple soulution to share calendar and contacts with outlook 2003 for 5 users with an exchange server. I have used net folders with a computer acting as a Microsoft mail server, but this doesn't work with 2003. I thought I heard of a way to do this with 2003 using a standard pop3 email account and nothing else. I have seen a few 3 party solutions, but I hadn't yet figured out if I need some sort of stand alone server not. Thanks with or without an exchange server? do you have a windows 2003 server? if the answer to either of the above questions is no exchange se...

multiple xp accounts share outlook contacts and calendar
we have one computer at home. it has xp home edition installed. we have two user accounts, one for me, one for the wife. both of us use outlook 2002. we each have our own inboxes, contacts, calendar, etc. it's like having outlook installed on two separate machines. this is good. however, i need to have us share our calendar and contacts only, not our inboxes. i think i need to point both outlooks to the .pst files that i place in the "all users" directory, but i'm not sure how to isolate the contacts and calendar pst files. can someone walk me through this with instructions?...

Will Money double bills and bank withdraws in the report section?
I am going through and trying to enter my information into Money and then I realied something about the reports. How do I set it up so that the report won't add togehter the same bill by pulling it from the bill section AND the bank account section? What report are you looking at that has both a "bill section" and a "bank account section"? What version/edition? "DPK99" <DPK99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:325D7173-4F5A-406C-B8F2-08C0FFD6510A@microsoft.com... >I am going through and trying to enter my information into Money ...

Set Time Frame to Print Calendar from OWA 07
How do I set the time frame that prints when trying to print calendars from Outlook Web Access 2007 I'm not aware of anyway to do that from OWA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread...

how do I make a template to look like an old open book?
Clipart? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Seattle Blue" <SeattleBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAF69A14-8174-436C-BFBE-67CB0CFB4D58@microsoft.com... > I can not find it at clipart. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Clipart? > http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us > > -- > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP > http://office.microsoft.com/ > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > news://msnews.microso...

Changing Calendar Defaults
Is there a way to default the calendar form to reflect 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes. We rarely have 30 minute meetings. Put yourself in the Calendar context. Go to View...Current View...Define Views... Highlight the view you want to modify, and click Modify... In the "View Summary" window that comes up, go to the Other Settings... button. You can adjust the "Time Scale" here to make it 60 minutes... Note that this is only going to work with Day/Week/Month views, and will need to be changed on each view... Hope this helps! -Tim >-----Original Message----- ...

deleted address book
Please help, In Outlook Express I created a "New Group" instead of a "New Folder". Then I dragged 110 addresses into it. I then procceeded to delete all the contacts from the previous Folder. Now I can't find them anywhere. I've tried "Recycle Bin" & "Find". Outlook Express is still running. Much Thanx!! ...