Desktop alerts not appearing 01-03-10

I have created a rule for desktop alerts to appear then I receive new
messages in two IMAP accounts but no such alerts appear.

I use Office 2007 and Windows 7. The rules worked on another computer with
Office 2003 and XP.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks
Henrik

Are you downloading full messages or just headers?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Henrik" <Henrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a rule for desktop alerts to appear then I receive new
> messages in two IMAP accounts but no such alerts appear.
>
> I use Office 2007 and Windows 7. The rules worked on another computer with
> Office 2003 and XP.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve?
>
> Thanks
> Henrik

0
Diane
1/3/2010 7:23:56 PM
Full messages, as far as I'm aware. I can see the full message in the reading
pane without opening it, and of course also when I open it. Where would I set
that?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you downloading full messages or just headers?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Henrik" <Henrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have created a rule for desktop alerts to appear then I receive new
> > messages in two IMAP accounts but no such alerts appear.
> >
> > I use Office 2007 and Windows 7. The rules worked on another computer with
> > Office 2003 and XP.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to resolve?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Henrik

when you view the item it will download if you are online. The icons of
messages you haven't read yet should be a partial icon if they are not fully
downloaded.

Check it in send and receive settings -Ctrl+Alt+S to open the settings
dialog.

--

> Full messages, as far as I'm aware. I can see the full message in the
> reading
> pane without opening it, and of course also when I open it. Where would I
> set
> that?
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you downloading full messages or just headers?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Henrik" <Henrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have created a rule for desktop alerts to appear then I receive new
>> > messages in two IMAP accounts but no such alerts appear.
>> >
>> > I use Office 2007 and Windows 7. The rules worked on another computer
>> > with
>> > Office 2003 and XP.
>> >
>> > Any ideas on how to resolve?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Henrik

0
Diane
1/4/2010 12:18:58 AM
That opens the 'Send/Receive Groups' dialog box.

Here, I have the following settings:

Setting for group "All Accounts"
   Include this group in send/receive (F9) -- ticked
   Schedule an automatic send/receive every [30 -- variable] minutes --
ticked *
   Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting -- not ticked

When Outlook is Offline
   Include this group in send/receive (F9) -- ticked
   Schedule an automatic send/receive every [30 -- variable] minutes -- not
ticked **

Is that correct?

How does the automatic send/receive work, by the way? I get to see new email
pretty much instantaneously when online, so much faster than every 30 minutes
(see *). And how would I send/receive when offline (**) -- does this launch
an automatic dial-up or similar?

Henrik

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> when you view the item it will download if you are online. The icons of
> messages you haven't read yet should be a partial icon if they are not fully
> downloaded.
>
> Check it in send and receive settings -Ctrl+Alt+S to open the settings
> dialog.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Select the group the account is in (usually default) and click Edit. That
will show the settings for each account you have. (You need to select each
acct on the left to view its settings.)

When offline, outlook will look for an open connection or call up the
dialer, if one is set up.

IMAP, like exchange, can push mail out to the client as it arrives. It's my
understanding that not all imap servers support or enable it, but apparently
yours does.

--

> That opens the 'Send/Receive Groups' dialog box.
>
> Here, I have the following settings:
>
> Setting for group "All Accounts"
>   Include this group in send/receive (F9) -- ticked
>   Schedule an automatic send/receive every [30 -- variable] minutes --
> ticked *
>   Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting -- not ticked
>
> When Outlook is Offline
>   Include this group in send/receive (F9) -- ticked
>   Schedule an automatic send/receive every [30 -- variable] minutes -- not
> ticked **
>
> Is that correct?
>
> How does the automatic send/receive work, by the way? I get to see new
> email
> pretty much instantaneously when online, so much faster than every 30
> minutes
> (see *). And how would I send/receive when offline (**) -- does this
> launch
> an automatic dial-up or similar?
>
> Henrik
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> when you view the item it will download if you are online. The icons of
>> messages you haven't read yet should be a partial icon if they are not
>> fully
>> downloaded.
>>
>> Check it in send and receive settings -Ctrl+Alt+S to open the settings
>> dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

0
Diane
1/4/2010 1:29:54 PM
I have now set the relevant accounts to download the full messages but I
still do not get a desktop alert.

Also, it would seem that the full messages are only downloaded when the
automatic send/receive is scheduled or a manual send/receive is run -- the
push messages I receive are only partially downloaded.

Downloading the full messages also increases the time it takes to launch
Outlook as all folders are fuly synchronised. If I can avoid that I will.

Henrik

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Select the group the account is in (usually default) and click Edit. That
> will show the settings for each account you have. (You need to select each
> acct on the left to view its settings.)
>
> When offline, outlook will look for an open connection or call up the
> dialer, if one is set up.
>
> IMAP, like exchange, can push mail out to the client as it arrives. It's my
> understanding that not all imap servers support or enable it, but apparently
> yours does.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

How do i block or protect final date gantt?? 01-06-10
I Need block input in final date gantt, � how do it ? thanks, sorry foy my english i doesn't expert -- PaseEscolar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PaseEscolar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166005.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290251.htm http://forums.techarena.in do you mean that you don't want the final date to shift? Have you tried taking a baseline and referring to the baseline date? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I Nee...

clip art appears in publisher document blurred but prints clearly.
When I insert clip art into my newsletter it is blurry, making it difficult to edit, but when I print it the picture is clear. Could be one of two things: 1. Go to View > Pictures > and choose detailed display or 2. Update your video driver: Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting your computer in 'Safe Mode'. To get to Safe Mode, restart your computer and press "F8" at the beginning of the boot process. ...

desktop clogged with picture copies
I suddenly have a problem with shortcuts to pictures or copies of pictures from My Pictures filling all available space on my desktop. I have to laboriously remove them a few at a time because the shift key grabs the program icons also. When I succeed in removing them, they will later appear again, whether they are in the Recycle Bin or not. They can even reappear as I'm removing others. -- befuddled Holding down the Shift key and clicking on icons will select all from the first to the last. Holding down the Ctrl key allows you to select only the ones you want to remove...

WAN Performance 01-10-06
I have a client who is about to sign up (i hope) for a 100 user world wide implementation of CRM 3.0. The only possible block to this deal is performance issues and possible synchronisation issues. Specifically these two points: 1. They had hoped that the Lap Top Client for Outlook would synchronise at given intervals in the background as they worked locally (much like windows update works). This would give them the benefit of not working on the database server accross the WAN (e.g. User in Europe accessing a North American server) and also a short sychcronisation time when shutting th...

Access Design 01-13-10
zg�oszenie nieakutalne ...

Outlook crashes #10
I have owned a copy of Outlook since 2000. I have two problems. One is a hassle that I go back to every now and then. This time I have obsessed over it for 3 days. I have removed it (Outlook) as usual. When I click the exit cross or do file down exit - the GUI disappears but within 10 seconds the Sorry Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem dialogue box appears. If I open TaskMan and close the process this does not occur, it closes cleanly. My second problem is this - The WebTool Bar is not functional, in fact, if I try to use the buttons, Outlook crashes. If I try to paste a...

Signatures #10
Hi im using Microsoft Outlook 2000 and im running my E- mails to be edited by word. I have made up a signature but it keeps deleting its self! it works for about a day maybe less and then all of a sudden the signatures not there. Does anyone know why and how i can stop my signature deleting it self? ...

Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000 07-14-03
I have recently converted our database files from Access 97 into Access 2000. Now the database files that could be opened and updated by multiple users at a time can no longer be updated. A message "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time" and it will not allow you to make changes until all other users are signed off. Any suggestions?? Access 2000 doesn't allow changes to design objects (forms, reports, etc.) unless you have exclusive access to the database. You can, however, make data updates. What are your users trying to update when they g...

Discount Date Cutoff
When selecting vouchers for payment in GP 10.0, if you enter a Due Date cutoff date of December 7, 2008 and a Discount Date Cutoff of December 7, 2008 the system is selecting checks that no longer qualify for the discount. In one example the vendor has terms of 2% 10, Net 30 (setup Due: Net Days = 30, Discount Days = 10, Discount Type, Percent = 2%). The vendor invoice has an invoice date of Nov 14, 2008, which is past the discount date..... with the above scenario the voucher is being pulled for payment even though they have not reached the Net 30 terms. The discount is not being take...

VLOOKUP and IF formula 05-20-10
I have this formula already in use... =VLOOKUP(B17,'[DSL UVERSE CLOSE RATES - APR 10.xlsx]Pivot'!$A$2:$C$291,2,FALSE) I need it to include an "If" formula as well returning a "-" dash if it cannot find the name on b17 in the file it's looking up. Any help is appreciated. =if(isna(vlookup(b17, ...)),"-",vlookup(b17, ...)) if you're using xl2007+, there's an =iferror() that you can read about in excel's help. casdaq wrote: > > I have this formula already in use... > > =VLOOKUP(B17,'[DSL UVERSE CLOS...

Major 07 rant
This is REALLY beginning to do my nut in because it makes placement of objects (and visualisation of the finished project when printed) nigh on impossible. I thought Publisher was supposed to be WYSIWYG, but I have spent THREE DAYS (not to mention a lot of wasted paper and ink) trying to get a single-fold, top-fold card to print correctly but, because it appears on screen as side fold (and, yes, it did cross my mind to try a bit of 'reverse psychology' but side-fold cards do, correctly, appear as side-fold). I am currently using a trial version, which expires the first week of ...

Sync Outlook between desktop and laptop
I've tried in vain to set up my Outlook.pst file from my desktop in Offline files on my laptop so that they are always in sync. When I attempt to put that file in the Offline Files directory, I get a message that includes this: "Files of this type cannot be made available offline." There must be a way to sync Outlook.pst between my 2 computers. Please help. Hi Jim, For synchroniztaion tools have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature. Thomas Wetzel Outlook synchronization for mobile users www.synchpst.com ...

Dynamic, Static Worksheet Options Not Appearing
I've noticed that some Client Systems when accessing the 'Send to Excel' feature do not show the 'How do you Wish to Export Screen' and rather just go straight to sending the information to a static Excel Worksheet and hence not offering the user any option to export to a Dynamic Sheet or Pivtol Table. This problem only occurs on some Client Systems and only when using Office 2002. I'm presuming that it is because some kind of Excel component or module is not installed on those Clients and so MsCrm does not provide the option - but it is only certain Office 2002...

Desktop link to a Particular Outlook Identity
Is it possible to create a desktop link to a particuler identity in Outlook. I would like to create these to allow my family too easily switch between accounts. Thanks Andrew ...

images don't appear in publisher 2003
Trying to view publisher newsletter on my new computer and when I open no graphics are there.. just empty spaces. Both computers are xp and using publisher 2003. Files with missing graphics are 2002. They open fine on old computer with 2003 but not new computer. When I go into graphic manager I can see the photos but can't get them back into file. Any one's help would be appreciated! Go up top to VIEW Go to PICTURES A window will open - PICTURE DISPLAY. Which button is checked....HIDE PICTURES?? ezwez wrote: > Trying to view publisher newsletter on my new computer and whe...

Exchange 2003 & GFI ME 10
hello, since last few days, I have a problem that some emails from Internet does not reach user mailbox. Today, I have found that GFI Mail Essentials 10 has keep that email inside the " Spam Folder " and all the file is .eml type. There is about 50,000 messages includes spam and valid email. I need to send back this email to user mailbox. Does anyone here knows how to do it ? Are these messages in a file folder on the Exchange server? If so, and Exchange 200x, you can drop them into the SMTP Pickup directory and they should be delivered. The Pickup directory should be in c:\p...

Excel Desktop Links malfunctioning
I am trying to solve a problem on my dad's computer. Last night it went crazy (I was not here). I have an Excel file saved on the desktop(not a shortcut), but when you click on it the file will not open, instead Excel opens and does nothing. But if i then click ope, go to desktop and click on the file, it opens like normal. Any advice? :-( A couple thoughts... 1. When you double-click any other Excel file (---.xls), does the same thing happen? 2. How do you know it is not a shortcut? 2. You say it is an Excel file. How do you know? Right- click desktop object, select Properties,...

deleted address books still appear when sending an email
This was a problem in 2000 and now still in a recently upgraded 2003 (11.5608.5606). When sending a message and looking through what address books are accessable in the 'Select Names' box under the 'Show Names from the:' drop down menu, it is listing a number of address books that have been deleted over the course of the last few months. It does not allow me to access them (nor do i want to), but is there a way i can remove them from this list? Tools->Email accounts->Directories. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

How do I stop the template help from appearing on startup
I have modified a template, but now everytime I open the file in excel 2003 the template help task bar appears on the right side of the screen. Is there anywy to stop this? I have resaved the file as .xls instead of .xlt ...

"Find People" page appears whilst creating e-mails
The "Find People" panel normally opens after pressing Ctrl + e. Recently I have noticed when typing a message in the e-mail message page, the "Find People" panel frequently opens when the letter e is pressed as part of a word. This recent phenomenon is annoying to say the least. Can anyone please explain why this is happening and a possible solution (happened twice during the preparation of this post)? Laura Windows XP SP3, MS Outlook Express 6. The control key was identified as pressed - either the keyboard is bad, or you have sticky keys or something similar en...

Photos don't appear after insertion into Publisher document
I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visible. It does not show up in print preview mode either. Thanks in advance. View, pictures, detailed display. If this doesn't do it, try it in safe mode, if it works then it is possible your video driver needs upgrading. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E6FDA8-EB3B-45BA-B494-129B02E44257@microsoft.com... >I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visi...

Sumproduct Question 04-13-10
Hi All, I've been experiementing with the Sumproduct function in Excel 2007 and ran across a problem with the function that I cannot figure out. The following is an example: I have the following table in cells E21 to G23: 1 5 1 6 10 2 11 15 3 In cell D21 I input a value (e.g. 8) In cell E25 I have the followng formula: =SUMPRODUCT((E21:E23>=D21)*(F21:F23<=D21)*(G21:G23)) In cell D21, if I enter 8 I should see 2 - instead I get 0. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or would it be better to use another function? Thanks in advance!! John 0 is correct...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

email problem 04-01-05
I tried to send email from CRM & failed - here's the log from event viewer -- what does this mean & where can i look to fix: Faulting application CrmBulkMailService.exe, version 1.2.3297.0, faulting module CrmBulkMailService.exe, version 1.2.3297.0, fault address 0x00015d0d. MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and wh...

Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11
Originally this was used to create an alpha listing. I use this to create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high as is needed. (probably at least to three digits). Code being used: lastletter = "1" Cells(2, 16) = lastletter For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1) Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter Next intalpha ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Your co...