create a email rule based on attachment name

I have a number of auto generated emails sent to me each day, but they
contain differently named spreadsheets.

is it possible to create a rule that will move the email to a folder, based
on attachement name.

The sender is the same, the email name is the same and email contents are
the same.

Only difference is the spreadsheet

Sean

If the attachment name is exposed in the header, then you can make a rule
with "if the header contains...". Otherwise you'll have to resort to using
VBA.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a number of auto generated emails sent to me each day, but they
> contain differently named spreadsheets.
>
> is it possible to create a rule that will move the email to a folder,
> based
> on attachement name.
>
> The sender is the same, the email name is the same and email contents are
> the same.
>
> Only difference is the spreadsheet
>
> Sean

0
Roady

Merge to email w/Word and Outlook 2002 security issue
I am trying to merge email using Word and Outlook 2002. This merge consists of about 3000 recipients. When I commence the merge I get an Outlook Security warning that tells me that some outside program is trying to send email using my Outlook profile and I have to click Yes or No. It procedes to ask me for ever single recipient... I'm not going to sit there and say yes for 3000 people. Do you know of a setting somewhere that I can change to not ask me everytime? Thanks, Brian What service pack(s) have you applied? Did you choose HTML as the message format for the merge? -- ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Trying and failing on this workflow rule
Hi, We have CRM and Great Plains integrated. We have a field on Accounts in CRM called Relationship that is a picklist. Accounts are entered as propects and once the setup is completed the picklist value is changed from propect to customer. When that customer value is selected, the information is sent to Great Plains and a Customer Number is assigned in Great Plains for the account. That number is then populated back to CRM into a field on the Account named customer Number. So I created a workflow rule saying Upon creation of the account where relationship = prospect, wait for the accou...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Outlook 200 messages all contain attachments
Just in the last day or so every message I have received has had attached a text file with the text of the message. This is in addition to the message itself. I don't know what I might have done to change an option and can't find anything in the options menus that might affect this. Any ideas? Bob Weinheimer Charleston, WV Have you tried rebooting? I had that happen once a long time ago and a reboot cured it. "Bob Weinheimer" <rmweinheimer@ntelos.net> wrote in message news:2DjXe.20694$tc7.18573@fe03.lga... > Just in the last day or so every message I have r...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

Rule for meeting appointments / invitations?
Here's a new one on me. I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my first at a managerial level. So, moving on up. The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent to my boss, a DG. And they're turning out to be quite a few. Since they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder. Also, would like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet another folder. But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule ...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Stripped news attachment
On a Corel newsgroup, there was a message with a WPD attachment. However, my newsreader stripped this attachment. I understand that with the various MS patches that EXE and such type attachments might be stripped, but I'm surprised about the WPD file. (I was able to get it by forwarding the message to myself.) Anyone know why the above happened...or if it should? Thx John Olson Ottawa Sorry for the addition, but perhaps the following info is important: I have Windows XP Professional SP1 with Outlook 2000 SP3 (Internet Mail Only version). "John Olson" <john@nospam.ca>...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

Create a new instance of a class that is a reference
Hi all, I am trying to make a class that when you create a 2nd instance the second instance will be a reference to the first. Public Class ClassA Private Shared tableList As Hashtable Public myInt as integer = 0 Public Sub New() MyBase.New() InitializeValues() End Sub Private Function openTable() As Boolean If (tableList Is Nothing) Then tableList = New Hashtable() End If If (tableList.ContainsKey(TABLE)) Then SetReference(Me, tableList(TABLE)) OpenCount += 1 Else ...

Entourage Email replies appearing at bottom of recipients email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the content of my email is at the bottom of their original email and have to scroll down to read my message. I would prefer that they could see my message and signature together at the top of the email when they open it. (is that decipherable) On 3/9/10 5:58 PM, natstar@officeformac.com wrote: > When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the > content of my email is at the bottom of their original emai...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...