computer updated lost all old emails and files on outlook

recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs
including a newer version of outlook ..   seem to have lost all my files
containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on
computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!!
thanks
 Ashley

"Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs
> including a newer version of outlook ..   seem to have lost all my files
> containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on
> computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!!

If you did not make a copy of your Outlook data file before getting your PC
"cleaned", then you don't have it any more.  It's gone.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/12/2010 9:30:45 PM
"Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs
> including a newer version of outlook ..   seem to have lost all my files
> containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on
> computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!!

There is a chance it's still there.  In Outlook, click File>Open>Outlook Data
File.  See if there is more than one data file there.  If so, open the one not
already opened and see if it contains your data.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Linking files 2 ways

File size #11

find action on log file

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Maximum file sizes

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Emails #3