Changing time of recurring appointment

I've recently "upgraded" to Office 2007, and I'm having trouble figuring out
how to do simple tasks that used to be easy in Office 2003.

I have a recurring appointment in my Outlook calendar that has recently been
moved from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00.  I would like to change the time in the entire
series, but when I double-click on it and select that I want to open the
entire series, I get a screen that lets me edit the subject, the location,
and the comments, but that won't let me get to the time.

When I click on the Scheduling tab, I get a screen that shows the active
time blocked out, but it won't let me drag that block from 7:00 over to 8:00,
and I can't find any place that will let me change it.

Will somebody please tell me the secret combination to change this time? I
know I could just delete the entire series and create a new series, but
that's giving up. The tool is supposed to do what I want it to. I hate being
forced to do what the tool wants me to.

Thanks,

Jerry

I finally found the answer to my own question, and it only took me two days!
I think that's a personal best for finding something in 2007.

It isn't under the Scheduling tab -- it's under the Recurrence tab.

"Jerry" wrote:

> I've recently "upgraded" to Office 2007, and I'm having trouble figuring out
> how to do simple tasks that used to be easy in Office 2003.
>
> I have a recurring appointment in my Outlook calendar that has recently been
> moved from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00.  I would like to change the time in the entire
> series, but when I double-click on it and select that I want to open the
> entire series, I get a screen that lets me edit the subject, the location,
> and the comments, but that won't let me get to the time.
>
> When I click on the Scheduling tab, I get a screen that shows the active
> time blocked out, but it won't let me drag that block from 7:00 over to 8:00,
> and I can't find any place that will let me change it.
>
> Will somebody please tell me the secret combination to change this time? I
> know I could just delete the entire series and create a new series, but
> that's giving up. The tool is supposed to do what I want it to. I hate being
> forced to do what the tool wants me to.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
-1

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

IMPLEMENT_SERIAL (Changing the Base Class)
This might be a stupid question, or it could be incredibly insightful... ...but hope it's not the latter. I have a class that is probably about 3 levels away from the CObject class. Like this: CObject->ClassA->ClassSerialMe Currently I serialize this object with the usual: IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(ClassSerialMe, ClassA, VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA | 1 ) What would I need to do to change the base class of ClassA to: CObject->ClassB->ClassSerialMe And use the Serialize functionailty to a differnt version: IMPLEMENT_SERIAL(ClassSerialMe, ClassB, VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA | 2 ) I...

How to do math on time
I want to create a time card in excel (2003). 4 time fields (Time in morning, Time out lunch. Time in after lunch, Time out end of day) The next field (column) needs to be able to total the actually hours worked. Needs to be able to deal with hours & minutes. I might even want to put a button that will "stamp" the current time in one of the above fields. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave See this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:8DED9...

DataSet changes schema of XML file
I’d like to use the DataSet as the container for the XML files conforming to some schema. The problem is, that the operation of reading the XML file into the DataSet having its schema and then writing it back to the file makes it invalid, not obeying rules of this schema. Here is the simple test program performing this operation. __________________________________________________ using System; using System.Data; namespace DataSetTest { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { DataSet DS = new DataSet(); DS.ReadXmlSchema ("XMLSch...

Change file selection from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)"
Hi all: When I do a mail merge, I merge data to a Word Template (.dot) file, not a Word (.doc) file. So, every time I want to do a merge I have to remember to change the file selection filter from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)". Is there any way to change this to make "All files (*.*) the default? Thanks! -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahoo...

no date/time on individual emails in inbox
Hi, Currently my inbox emails are showin up correctly in the "list" view with recipient, title and date and time. However when I click on each individual email they read "sent:none" instead of the date/time. This is just in my inbox, but is a problem when printingor fowarding a copy as they have no date/time on. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing outlook but with no success Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did outlook download the messages or did you import them? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips:...

How to delete more than 2 pages at a time in Publisher
I've got a 600 page Publisher 2003 document and want to delete 200 pages. Is there an easier way of doing this instead of doing EDIT > DELETE PAGE > BOTH PAGES 100 times!? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

Vendor can be changed on a PO
We have experienced something strange and I am not sure if it is a bug or not. When you enter a PO choosing one vendor and save it you can open the po back up and change the Vendor ID even though the vendor ID field id grayed out. I can actually choose another Vendor ID and it populated the field with the vendor ID I chose the second time however the vendor name remains the same. If I print the PO it will print the first vendor name and address even thought the Vendor ID is that of the one I chose the second time. I have a feeling this shouldn't be happening. Has anyone experie...

Accidentally created meeting request in wrong time zone
The hours for the meeting are correct but the time zone is wrong. Now, I need to change the time zone so that my delegates see the correct time but need to keep the meeting "time" correct. Whenever I try to change it from Pacific to Eastern, it shifts all the "times" to 3 hours earlier. Is there any way to keep the times from shifting when changing the time zone? ...

"How do I change background color in Pub 2000?"
I'm just starting to use the Publisher 2000 and have all kinds of questions. I'll just start with the one I'm having problems with now. I would like a colored background and have not figured out how to get it done. Any help appreciated. Debby In the Help section look for "change background color" You need a printer that can do "full bleeding" to do it this way. The simplest way is just use colored paper you intend to print on. -- Don Vancouver USA "Debmck" <Debmck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FDDEF87-0895-4862-...

Whats the function to count the total times a word is displayed
Hi .. Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells ...? Example : The product code 'S0459' is used (mentioned) 'X' amount of times within an entire column (specified cells) Thanks in advance ... Sounds like a job for DCOUNT - see formula help.... >-----Original Message----- >Hi .. > >Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of >times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells >.....

How do I change print margins?
In page setup, my print margins are in centimeters and I would like them to be in inches..........how can I change this for all my print documents? Excel uses the Regional Settings. In Windows: Start|Control Panel|Regional Setting- open Regional tab and click Customize; change Measurement system from Metric to US best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "BuniDyck" <BuniDyck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBE86186-228D-471D-BAA2-EF9581727E3A@microsoft.com... > In page setup, my print margins are in centimeter...

Allotment Time Reset
When you create a contract line item and specify the allotment under "Total Cases/Minutes", is this allotment reset monthly? or is this the total allotment for the entire contract? If the latter, how can I setup CRM to automatically allocate the amount specified on a monthly basis i.e. client is allocated 5 hours/month - after 5 hours, they must pay at a discounted rate? You'll need to create separate line items for each month's allocations. When their minutes are used up, you'll be prompted when creating a case for that contract that the allocated time is used. -- ...

Change the default Charset
Hello, Outlook is defaulting to iso-8859-1 as a default character set. Is it possible to change this to US-ASCII? Also, I don't know if it is related, but I have trying to send some javascript in my signature (corny I know) and it looks fine in the preview, but never works once the email has arrived at a client (either internally or externally). The message is in HTML format. Cheers What version of Outlook are you using? Have you tried resetting the language under tools->options->Mail format->fonts->international? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...

Change "FROM" field in OWA
I had someone ask me if it is possible to be able to change who a message is FROM in owa. Their organization has several different domain names and depending on the message would like to change the domain name its from (like in Outlook). Any ideas? Thanks. Khan OWA doesn't let you do that. Haven't heard of any third-party add-ons that let you do that either. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Khan Hollis" <kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%237XWv5O0FHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I had someone ask me if it is poss...

auto change number to dates
im trying to make a schedule, but when i type 7-3 it auto-changes to 3-Jun. i tried turning off auto correct, but it doesnt work....this is driving me nuts and the schedule is now late. Pre-format the cells as Text or type an apostrophe before your data. '7-3 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:20:03 -0800, ccmike123 <ccmike123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im trying to make a schedule, but when i type 7-3 it auto-changes to 3-Jun. > >i tried turning off auto correct, but it doesnt work....this is driving me >nuts and the schedule is now late. ...

Change Old Meeting Requests?
We've got a situation where a year or ago or so we moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This change was accompanied by a domain change. The move went fine, but were are now finding that people who had reoccurring appointments on their calendars are getting error messages if they try to change them. These "meetings" are really just maintenance reminds and the like, they they don't occur very often. But if someone tries to do something that results in an e-mail being sent the message send fails. For example, if someone tries to change a staus from tenative to a...

Date and Time in a cell
Hello -- I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract just the time portion of that cell to another cell? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ sure. Just format it as time. "fluff" <fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello -- > > I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract > just the time portion of that cell...

4 files that come up every time I open up Excel..
Every time I open up Excel, I get 4 or 5 files (excel files) that pop open... Can i limit that to one or two? How do you do that? Also I still can not figure out how to create global styles and macros... for new docs... anyone have the philosophy of how Excel does it versus word (which is very easy, you just set it in prefs).. thanks Brent Hauver Brent Several questions and issues here. I will try to deal with most of them. Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". ...

How can I change the font and text size that occurs for all email?
I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email messages that I create See this article: Change the text font http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426961033.aspx?pid=CH063564791033 -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:818454B9-C709-486A-A99B-520164F90B94@microsoft.com... >I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email > messages that I create ...

Spelling takes very long time to check misspelled words
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

Changing Posting Settings
I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General Ledger will this have any ill effects. I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I change this option? You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you change the option. "VDebattista" wrote: > I just wanted to double che...

CView::OnCtlColor to change font on a single CStatic
What am I missing here. I have a CView derived class with a pretty extensive OnDraw which draws a Gantt chart, based on task information in my project. I have 1 CStatic control in the corner which displays the current scaling and I would like to reduce the font size on it. I thought I could do it in the following method, but it is crashing. The method is hit everytime it should be and falls into the first half of the switch statement when setting the font for the above CStatic control (The rest of the screen and controls can be seen to be drawn). The SelectObject line is the crash and i...

Colour change depending on result
Hi all, Is it possible to make the true result of an IF statement, say, green and the false result, say, red? I would like to be able to do this without using VBa s I have no experience of using it. Simon Use conditional formatting See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "SimoninParis" <SimoninParis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2E3999-A68E-4015-A109-B4B55D4A2CC7@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to make the true result of an IF statement, say, green and > the false ...

I cannot change name of folder sometimes
I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Quite often I try to change or update the names of a folder, and Vista would not let me allow, and I get dialog boxes telling me that I cannot have access, or do not have persmission, etc, and I get these denials even after I closed all the other files. It gets annoying that I get the "NO" after I already typed the new names. I am the only person who have access to this home PC. How can I change this so the computer will let me change names anytime I want to? Thanks in advance. I just tried again, and I got the Dialog Box tha...