Categories 01-10-10

I have upgraded from OLK03 to 07 and I have my previous categories saying
"not in Master Category List". How can I have all of these previous
catergories apart of the Master Category List. Please if you would give a
step by step or where I can see this. Previous columns have answers that for
me didn't help.

Right click on the root of the mailbox and choose properties, then upgrade
to color categories.
see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp for a tutorial.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"BizBroker" <BizBroker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have upgraded from OLK03 to 07 and I have my previous categories saying
> "not in Master Category List". How can I have all of these previous
> catergories apart of the Master Category List. Please if you would give a
> step by step or where I can see this. Previous columns have answers that
> for
> me didn't help.

0
Diane

Duplicate Personal Folders #10
In OUtlook 2003, I have duplicate personal folders. I tried right clicking to close the duplicate but the close options is "greyed out". I tried Control Panel, Mail, Profiles; but there is only one outlook entry. That's the only two options I know of without creating a new outlook pst file and importing the old pst file contents. Are there any other places / options I've missed. Mr Mike Posted here countless times. You've corrupted your profile, probably by migrating data incorrectly. Create a new profile from scratch and migrate your data correctly. That, too, ...

Auto reply #10
I would like to open auto reply for one special address/account for recruiting issues, but I don’t want to open to all, du to the spam factors. How can I do this, is it possible? I know how to open for all mails, so this isn’t the answer I want…. Exchange 2000/2003 1. Open Exchange System Manager 2. Expand your site-> Global Settings-> Internet Message Format 3. In the right pane right click Default and choose Properties-> tab Advanced 4. Here you can enable or disable the automatic replying/forwarding easiest way i would suggest is to use a email address enabled public fold...

Snapshot viewer 05-11-10
In Access 2003 I want to send Access reports as an email attachment using the Snapshot format. If the recipient of the email does not have Access and hey open the atachment will they have to install the Snapshot viewer? If the answer is yes is there anyway to include the viewer with the attached file so that the recipient of the email will not have to go through the process of downloading the Snapshot viewer. Thanks for any help. JoeP Even if the recipient does not have Access, they will still be able to open the snapshot. It can be opened like any other pic. Not sure how ...

How to show more than one category
In Outlook 2002 I can assign more than one category to a contact but I only see the first one displayed in the category column in the Contacts view. If I put the focus on the category cell then the additional categories then show up. Is this a bug? Beemer ...

User input Criteria 01-17-08
Hi All, I want the user to be prompted to input the Criteria. I know that you use the [ any words ]. However I only want them to have to enter the first 4 charaters of the data. I was thinking it would be like this: Like "[Enter the first four characters] *" That doesn't work. What would be my options? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 Try: Like [Enter the first four characters] & "*" -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Per...

Frontpage 2003 02-13-10
All of a sudden I am having a problem signing in, when I click on "remote we site" my username and password are no longer being recognized. Why? Try opening your Remote (online) Web site in FP - if that doesn't work, have your host run a repair (server health check) on the FP SE and permissions -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "rdmscorp" <rdmscorp@discussions.m...

simple console application with about 10 rows
Hi! I wonder when I pass CultureInfo.InvariantCulture as an argument to the c-tor of new CaseInsensitiveComparer below what effect does it have on my program. It must have some purpose So I mean alternatives 1 and 2 below can't mean the same thing public static void Main() { 1 ListDictionary myList = new ListDictionary(new CaseInsensitiveComparer(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)); 2 ListDictionary myList = new ListDictionary(new CaseInsensitiveComparer()); myList["Estados Unidos"] = "United states"; myList["Canada"] = &qu...

CONCATENATE 04-15-10
I would LOVE to combine cells from the same column instead of cut & pasting information. - example D132 through D147 and have this combined information appear in D132. Is this possible? "Tservo" wrote: > I would LOVE to combine cells from the same > column instead of cut & pasting information. > - example D132 through D147 and have this > combined information appear in D132. Is this > possible? =D132 & D133 & ... & D146 & D147 You can separate the cell contents by concatenating strings. for example: =D132 & " &qu...

Autoformat 03-15-10
does access 2007 autoformat works with previous versions i.e. access 2003? -- Regards, Abdul Shakeel Abdul, The database has to be in 2007 format to use that action. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Abdul Shakeel" <AbdulShakeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:673675AA-EA16-40F9-89E6-DB43738B05DE@microsoft.com... does access 2007 autoformat works with previous versions i.e. access 200...

An error has occured 09-10-03
On a new CRM installation, when I try to add a new competitor, contact or account, I get the error "Error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator". In event viewer, under application, I get a generic "unhandled exception" message with stack trace info referencing at.System.Web.UI. Any ideas? Thank you! Eric Hi Eric, I've experienced similar errors after modifying forms (only occasionally, like moving the contract fields individually on the case form can cause a similar error). You do say it's a new install, b...

Categories view in Outlook 2003 is messed up
I have a user on Outlook 2003 SP2 who has changed how Outlook is configuing the View by Category when looking at a contacts folder. On one contact list the "view by category" groups by each individual category. Example: If one contact has two categories assigned, the same contact appears in each category separately. But....in the other contacts folder when set to "view by category" there are 3 category groups listed for a contact that has been assigned two categories...one for each and a third that lists the 2 categories together on the grouping tab. Example: John Brown...

Select all 03-14-10
Hi all, In a continuous form I want to select all records displayed and assign a specific control a value from an unbound combo box. I can not get the "select all to function..." What would be the best way around this? Thanks! Peter, Perhaps you mean *Select All Record*? 8Selct All* is only going to select the current record. However, I can't see how you are using this so if the answer was not what you wanted you could explain what you are trying to do and supply any code you are using... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I fee...

emails 07-17-10
Okay, I have the same problem as everyone else. This seems to be pretty pandemic. Does Microsoft have any answers. The only problem you have that is like 'everyone else' is not saying what the problem is. Look through the posts. Is every one the same issue? Good Newsgroup Posts: http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "pkx3" &...

Conditional formatting 03-06-10
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to format time values that can range from seconds to years. If the time is below some threshold, say 1 day, I want to use the hh:mm:ss format. If it's larger that 1 day, I want to use the 0.00 format. After a little study, I selected this conditional format string: [<1]hh:mm:ss;[>=1]0.00 It seems to do the job. After some thought, it occurred to me that the second test might be unnecessary so I modified it to: [<1]hh:mm:ss;0.00 This also seems to work correctly. Is there any difference between these formats? Is one pr...

Default document has 10 point spacing after lines can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in > each individual document Open the Normal.docx template and change the font size there. Save and from then on, all new documents based on Normal will have the font size you want. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http...

Microsoft Money 2006 Premier Crashes 10-60 seconds after starting.
I have an issue where Money 2006 Premier appears to be working just fine until about 10 to 60 seconds later the crash message comes up (program performed an illegal op...., report to microsoft, which i do). If i respond to the crash message, Money automatically restarts. Some Details: It appears to be a background process, if I leave the crash message on the screen, i can still use money including entering transactions. I do not know if i can download transactions or not. This happens both on and offline. if in offline mode, it comes up much faster (like in 5-10 seconds) It doesn&#...

publisher doesn't print #10 envelopes on a hp printer correctly
can't print # 10 envelopes on an hp photosmart 8250- no help from hp just run around, found other threads about this issue elsewhere on web but no resolution just the problem talked about Bob wrote: > can't print # 10 envelopes on an hp photosmart 8250- no help from hp just run > around, found other threads about this issue elsewhere on web but no > resolution just the problem talked about thanks for bringing it up again I have a 8250, envelopes do okay for me. What is happening? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msne...

Date formatting #10
Hi: I am trying to mail merge a column of recertification dates to June 2006 only. But every way I try to format this, it is has unusual responses. I even tried formatting June 2006 as text but this does not work. I want the actual response in the merge document to actually show "June 2006" but excel keeps updating each entry into the next date. Any ideas? Thanks Ron What information is on the Excel sheet? Maybe you need to add another column with a formula that evaluates to "June 2006". If you are doing something similar now, what formula are you using? What progra...

Sort Macro 03-24-10
Can I have a Macro that will automatically filter a spread sheet, pick a specific value from a different sheet in the work book and copy the results to a different sheet in the workbook? For example: Sheet 1 has the list of material numbers that are being ran. Sheet 2 has the list of orders for that day with specific material numbers. Sheets 3 - 9 is where the data will be coppied to for each individual line. A separate sheet has been made for each line. I will need to use the data from sheet two 7 different times to gather all the data for each line/material. ...

Rule to Forward email but delay delivery 10 minutes
I have situation that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to have Exchange Server forward emails from a specific person and with specific words in the subject field to another email address but delay the delivery by 10 minutes. I know you can create Rules to forward emails to another address but I can't seem to find out how to delay delivery by 10 minutes or how to have the Exchange Server to do it because I need this to work without having Outlook open. Is this possible? If so I would appreciate any info or direction on how to...

Lookup 10-21-07
I have two tables: Table 1 contains recipes and is made up of ingredient numbers and other fields. Table 2 contains the ingredient numbers and the ingredient name. I need to run a report that pulls the ingredient name from table 2 based on the ingredient number that is listed in table 1. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Create a query containing both your tables. Join the IngredientNumber fields in each table. Drag the fields from each table that you require for your report into the query grid; base your report on the query. HTH, Rob "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.co...

Cannot open any more tables 10-26-07
Hi, This is totally bizzar, when I open a database that has lots of linked tables the database windows shows as per usual displaying the tables. If I then move the mouse pointer over the linked tables, the tooltip shows the path of the database that the linked table resides in which is great, but after about the 50 time of showing the tooltip I get the message "Cannot open any more tables". Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this and better still how to stop it. No code has run, I've tried repair and compacting, creating a new data and relinked all the table...

Axis category
Hi, Is there a way in Excel's charts to make axis category = time, but when charting to make it skip weekends or the days where are no data. I need this because I want to have this option for choosing time period between two dates. When I make axis category = category, this option disappears. Regards, Svilen I'm afraid it's either-or. If you choose a time scale, it plots every day within the range, including weekends. Otherwise it would be like an XY chart that omits numbers ending in "5". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Serv...

Access 2007 03-30-10
-- Greg Feel free to use that large white space to include a question along with your name. "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CDEDF-3028-4234-9438-F3C74BB37A8D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Greg "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:0E3CDEDF-3028-4234-9438-F3C74BB37A8D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Greg ...

Categories as Distribution Lists
Hi, I have contacts broken up into categories. I want to be able to send mail to the category in one go - how can I do that? Thanks group by category, select the group and try Actions, Send new mail. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUB...