Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78

This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send
e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when
the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared).

I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my
provider in order to get e-mail sent.

I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of
questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix.

Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem.

Come on Microsoft, do your stuff....

I'm considering a total rebuild to see if that will fix it.

Judging from you last reply to Diane, I suspect your mail profile is
corrupted. Have you tried recreating it?
You can use Control Panel-> Mail for this.
For further details on recreating your mail profile see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Also, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with
Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try
again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part
of the virus scanner. For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

> Come on Microsoft, do your stuff....
Microsoft does not live here; this is an end-user to end-user newsgroup. If
you want Microsoft to help you solve this issue, you'll have to contact
Microsoft Product Support for your region.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"john barr-hall" <johnbarrhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to
> send
> e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber
> when
> the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared).
>
> I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of
> my
> provider in order to get e-mail sent.
>
> I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of
> questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix.
>
> Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem.
>
> Come on Microsoft, do your stuff....
>
> I'm considering a total rebuild to see if that will fix it.

0
Roady

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work