cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope

i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will
not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my
personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007.
thank you.

Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an
Exchange server?

"jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will
> not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain
my
> personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007.
> thank you.

1
Kathleen

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

disable line and page breaks icons on new emails
I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no joy. Linda Laing wrote: > I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email > I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the > paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no > joy. You neglected to mention WHICH version of Outlook that you are us...

Public Folder Policy
Hello all, Is there a way to define a policy on specific public folders, according to which all messages older than ## days are automatically deleted? TIA -- Anastasios Papadopoulos - Athens - Greece Yes, you can either set age limits on the entire public store (and hence all folders on that store) or on each individual folder. Check the "Limits" tab on the properties of the public store or individual folder in Exchange System Manager. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Anastasios Papadopoulos"...

User Deleted Startup Folder From Navigation Pane
One of our users deleted their startup folder from their navigation pane. I haven't been able to find how to recreate that. How can it be recreated? We are on GP 9.0. Never mind - apparently just creating a new folder called startup works. "Jodi" wrote: > One of our users deleted their startup folder from their navigation pane. I > haven't been able to find how to recreate that. How can it be recreated? We > are on GP 9.0. ...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Downloading Sales Literature
I have 1 sales rep who cannot download our sales literature in the correct format? If it's a PDF, DOC, PPT, etc when he does a right click and save target as the format is always HTML? This is not happening to any other users. I had him try from his laptop and then one of my Windows 2000 Terminal servers with the same results. I am running 1.2. Any ideas? I initially thought it was his toolbar add-ons for google, but disabling did not do the trick, and that was confirmed when he had the same problem on the terminal server. ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Images don't load in emails
I had to reinstall my programs including Live mail. When I receive a message with a graphic or image in it it is not shown, but a message banner ask if it should load images, I say yes and it does. In my previous install the images appeared automatically. I am set for receiving HTML, and I use Vista 32 bit. Is there something I need to do to make this happen? -- Bob London, Ontario Tools | Safety Options | Security Tab. Uncheck: "Block images..............". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bob Hewson...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Emails randomly being tracked
Hi All, We are experiencing a very frustrating problem with our CRM 3 installation. We have the CRM for Outlook client (v3) installed on all of the pc's used by our CRM users. All users are set to track email one way (the setting to make only one task for mail between users). We are tracking only CRM token emails by default. We have the outlook rule freshly deployed to all users after checking the correct operation and config of the client. However, every so often (about one in every few hundred emails) an email will be automatically tracked in crm for absolutely no apparent reason...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Message Options (Delayed Emails)
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. Warren wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options > often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. > > (For exa...

setting up OL NOT to automatically download images in emails
OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I set up OL to NOT download automatically images, or image tags, etc. embedded in email messages? (This is a favorite trick of spammers to verify email addresses.....) Tx, PS I know this feature is easily accessible in OL 2003 under Security tab, but can't figure it out in OL 2002. I don't think you can do it at all in OL2002 "sat" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O3o0v5HcFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > OL 2002 SP 3, on Win XP HE, SP1 > Follow-up to micros...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

subdocument will not open
Hello, I just finished a chapter of work today and was reorganising the master document and somehow word now thinks my subdocument is the master or something along those lines and will not open it. I can't open the subdocument on it's own. I keep getting the error message: subdocument cannot be inserted because it is the master document or because it contains the current master document as a subdocument. In my attempt to fix this I seem to have lost any mention of my subdocument within the master so now all I have is my subdocument file that will not open. Has anyone s...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

Move emails automatically from Inbox to other folder, based on dat
Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow down performance. Is there a tool with which I can automatically move items older than 30 days to a different folder in Outlook? Based on message class would also be fine, since I use Vault mail archiving, which changes to message class from IPM.Note to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut. Thanks! Chiel Varkevisser The Netherlands In news:F458372B-155A-4A83-A1F3-4E860477A3D4@microsoft.com, ChielV <ChielV@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow > do...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Change default view on Service Calendar
Hi, Is there a way to change the default view on the Service Calenday. The default "type" is Resouce. I would like to change it to Faciliy/Equipment if that were possible. Any ideas on how to do this. I have searched many areas, but cannot pinpoint this. Thanks for any help in advance. Regards, Keener ...