Cannot add an RSS feed to Outlook

I was trying to add the rss feed -
http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=NASDAQ:BMC&output=rss

to outlook. But it fails with an error - The link may not point to a valid
RSS source.

I checked with other tools and it works fine. Also Checked with IE and
Firefox, and am able to see the xml file.

Is this is known problem or is there a workaround for this?

I have no issues with adding it here. Have you applied all updates to
Outlook 2007 already? Especially Service Pack 2 contained some fixes to RSS
feeds.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mayuresh Kshirsagar" <Mayuresh Kshirsagar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:EF5011D7-57B7-47CD-9E18-2DF6936CB3A8@microsoft.com...
> I was trying to add the rss feed -
> http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=NASDAQ:BMC&output=rss
>
> to outlook. But it fails with an error - The link may not point to a valid
> RSS source.
>
> I checked with other tools and it works fine. Also Checked with IE and
> Firefox, and am able to see the xml file.
>
> Is this is known problem or is there a workaround for this?

0
Roady

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments
I am extremely frustrated by the inability of my friends to send me Level 1 ("Unsafe")attachments, such as URL's, Access databases and such without having to tell them they need to zip the file or change the file name extension. How can I fix this problem? I'm using Outlook 2002 with no service packs updated. Thanks Steve bashed at the keyboard and said..: > I am extremely frustrated by the inability of my friends > to send me Level 1 ("Unsafe")attachments, such as URL's, > Access databases and such without having to tell them > they need to...

Outlook Tests OK, but won't send or receive #2
I have installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I have configured it exactly as it was on the old computer, with one exception. I have changed the location of the pst file. When I click on Test Account Settings, everything looks good. It sounds out the test message. But I don't receive the test email on the new computer. If I turn the old computer on, the test messages show up there. So I know that the new computer is sending the messages created by the test. But with the old computer off, I do not receive any mail at all on the new computer. And nothing leaves the Outbox on the ...

Outlook and message rules- can't get one to work?
I have set up message rules to divert mail from my inbox to various sub folders or new folders. I use these:- Check messages when they arrive\ from people or distribution list \ with specific words in the senders address \ with specific words in the subject or body Now the problem is that some of the messages are recieved from people in my address book and when they send a message sometimes their name and address is in the 'from' and other times it is just their name and so the ones with just their name do not get moved across to the folder I want. I have added their name or...

My format toolbar dissappeared and won't come back... Outlook 2003
I don't mean, grayed out. I mean not there. HTML, Rich text, doesn't matter. Any ideas? Is it turned off or actually deleted? Did you try resetting toolbars? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newslette...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Hi, I have procedure for sending mail. The problem is that the procedure will work the first time it is executed but not the second time then the third time it will work but not the fourth time and so on. The sendEmail procedure is below. Any help will be very much appreciated! Public Sub sendMail() On Error Resume Next Dim oLApp As Object Dim eMail As Object Dim thisWb As String thisWb = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ThisWorkbook.Name Set oLApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set eMail = oLApp.Creat...

Recommended (KB) per user for Outlook/OWA
Does anyone out there knows or have links to "what is the recommended bandwidth per user for MS Outlook 2000 and OWA running on Exchange 2000? ...

outlook safe distribution list
I would like to set up a distribution list that uses the bcc field for the members of the list to protect the identities of the persons on the list but still takes advantage of the personalized to: field for each member. Help would be appreciated. Thank you. You can't do this by using the BCC field then. Use the Mail Merge option from within Word instead. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <mcgongee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1188501c441cc$82119260$a601280a@phx.gbl...

Outlook 2003 gelen kutusu kapsitesi
mrb bebim sıkıntım outlok 2003 'ün özellikleri hakkında mesela gelen kutusunun kapasitesi ne kadar bu ve bunun gibi konuların cevaplarını nasıl bulurum yardımcı olursanız sevinirim -- ...

Outlook Shutdown Problem
Office XP standard on XP Pro machine, in a Workgroup with a file server. Outlook works fine, however when closing Outlook, all indications are that it has closed, but opening Task Manager reveals that Outlook.exe is still running. If you try to shut puter down, Outlook "End Program" pops up. If you try to reopen Outlook, without killing in task manager, a second Outlook.exe pops up in Task Manager, but Outlook never opens. If you continue to click on Outlook icon, you can open a seemingly infinite number of Outlook.exe's. Have run "Detect and Repair" and have ...

Outlook 2007 is a BIG CPU hog!
Is it just me, or is Outlook 07 a big hog of my resources? At times it seems to take like a full minute to "open" up the app, when I restart.... And sometimes I get that "sorry, the Personal Folders area might have been damaged, so we have to check that" and then the app churns and churns for like 5 minutes. Why does that happen when I just normally do the Start > Restart process...ie does it not close down properly? As you can tell btw, I'm an OE guy now since w2k....but wanted to move "up" to Outlook....but the cost in performance has me secong gue...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

Outlook 2007 Pro nd Quicken
I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and deposit reminders to the Outlook Calendar. Cool! Is there any way to configure how far out the reminders are sent or received from Quicken? Thx Jerry Windows Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 Pro Trial "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79AFBEA-7EFE-4977-97A7-0DE108500DF6@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 Pro Trial Version and when I did I discovered that > Quicken 2010 Deluxe is sending payment and...

Outlook stops responding #3
Outlook stops responding every time one of our users tries to access a Word doc via a link in an e-mail. She can browse to the Word doc and open it without any problem. The same link works for others. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean What version of Outlook and how are the files sent? What is the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook 2003 will close but not shutdown
Running Outlook (11.8010.6568) SP2 Have multiple email accounts setup for selection on startup. Once an email account is selected everything works fine. When I shut Outlook down to go to another email account, Outlook shuts down but once selected again, the other email account automatically starts again. After I shut Outlook down, and select Windows Task Manager, Outlook is still running. The only way to go to another email account is to manually shut down Outlook via Windows Task Manager. I know that this is not the way it should be, but there seems to be no alternative. Is there a...

Can't find outlook archive.pst
I'm constantly getting "can't find Outlook archive.pst" error message when I launch Outlook XP. Does anyone know how to get rid of this error message? Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm constantly getting "can't find Outlook archive.pst" > error message when I launch Outlook XP. Does anyone know > how to get rid of this error message? Either create an Archive PST or disable archiving (Tools>Options>Other) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 ...

Changing paper feed trays
I am publishing a 4 page news letter and printing it off on a HP laserjet IIID with mail merge. Now my question is I would like to print the first page (front and back) from one tray which has colored paper and print the second page (front and back) from the bottom tray which has white paper. I know in word I can use letter head paper in on tray and print the first sheet with letter head and the rest with plane paper. can this be done with publisher. I am useing publisher 2000 Deluxe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Ben Davis <bfdavis@da...

Help Problems with Outlook tool bar buttons
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on problems that I'm experiencing with Outlook 2003 toolbar buttons. Toolbar buttons usually work fine when I first open Outlook, but after I use a particular button once, it no longer works. For example, I can create a task, then assign the task. the next time I create a task, the assign button no longer works. I have to re-boot outlook to get the button to work again - then it only works once, etc, etc. This is also true of many other (but not all ) Outlook buttons, like "Save and Close", "Recurrence", and others. On...

Outlook 2003 error message #6
Has anyone seen this error message? We are running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Does not happen all the time. Usually happens on DSL link. I cannot re-create it. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: (subject) Sent: 2/25/2004 8:40 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (End user) on 2/25/2004 8:40 AM Remote was unable to open a message for submission on the server.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Thanks in advance ...

Outlook Not Responding #10
The power shut down and my computer rebooted will attempting to create a new e-mail. Now I can not get Outlook to start up. The Outlook 2000 icon comes up and I can hear the computer running but that is as far as it goes. I have to go into the Task Manager (program not responding) and shut it down. My OS is Win2000 Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will nee...

How to add columns?
I've looked and looked but cannot figure out how to add columns. It's probably right in front of me and I'm just blind maybe. Appreciate any help. Noodles, insert, column, if you want to put a column in between some, if you want more than 256 columns this can not be done in excel -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Noodles" <noodles@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b656a15dpsgqgmov453p69nq2l...

Outlook 20003 stopped working
Hi, As of 3 days ago, my outlook suddenly stopped working. Nothing had changed on my computer during these days. This probolems happens on 2 computers I have here, bit have the same setup and same hardware. 1. My laptop still works, I can login to all my accounts and get emails into outlook and outlook express, I can also login to msn messenger. So therefrore this is not an ISP issue. 2. I dont have a bad header or big attachement on any of the emails I am trying to download right now. I have just send some basic plain text messeges test messages. with outlook its starts to downl...

Outlook Junk Filter is filtering good emails sometime
I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to never filter emails from his address. Using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 Frank. Can you add them to the Safe Senders list? "WizardOnTheRun" <frank.perryman@dadeservice.com> wrote in message news:1186663659.958194.221190@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the > junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to > never filter emails from his addre...

Outlook running slow
Hi It can take up to 10 seconds for the contents of an E Mail to appear in the preview pane, and the same time to view the whole message. All other applications run like lightning so its not the computer. Can anyone help to speed Outlook up Neil Outlook 2002/XP? Disable the Windows Messenger integration; Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tr...