Can't access send/receive under mail setup

I am using Outlook 2003 with exchange.  I want to add a pop3 account.   The
Pop3 account sends but won't receive (although the Outlook test message is
fine).  When I go to tools/options/mail setup and push the send/receive
button, nothing happens.

I have just installed a new hard drive.  This worked on the old one, and on
other computers.  I have recreated the profile from scratch but I have the
same problem.

What's going on?  Can someone help me?
--
Thanks.
Sammie   SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE7

Transferring mail #2
Just got Outlook 2007...have been using Windows Live Mail. Is there a (relatively) easy way to transfer my files from Live Mail to Outlook? Tracy H. wrote: > Just got Outlook 2007...have been using Windows Live Mail. Is there a > (relatively) easy way to transfer my files from Live Mail to Outlook? Outlook can import from Outlook Express (the same as Live mail) -- Dean Earley (dean.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems "Dean Earley" <dean.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23uPgqsaPIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Tracy H. wrote...

Outlook Web Access on a SBS 2000 Server?
Howdy all - HNY, Will OWA work with a Small Business Server 2000 installation? I have good experience setting up OWA on Exchange 2000/2003 but not sure if a SBS installation will support OWA as well? Many thx on any responses. Yes you should have no problems except for allowing it through ISA but that should be a case of setting up an access rule within ISA itself. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:OZiEut30DHA.2680@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Howdy all - HNY, > > Will OWA work with a Small Business Server 2000 installation? > > I have good expe...

Re: Access Problem Installing XP Pro SP3 (Success)
To all of you who took the time to help me thank you. Shenan, it took me three day but SP3 is installed and updated. I followed almost all your instructions. I did not check my drivers as I had no idea how to find or check all my drivers. I keep my video driver up to date but not the rest. I never use the Win Update Drivers. Also instead of uninstalling antivir and firewalls I updated to SP3 in Safe Mode. I have a question, what does using the control key in win update key strokes do? Also do you think IE8 will now install? When I update after the install there was one large...

individual mail access
In exchange 5 you were able to access each individual mail that was sent to or from you server. You could drag an individual raw mail file in to outlook express and view it in its entirety. We have been keeping these logs for seven years, and would like to keep doing so on exchange 2003. But are not sure if this is even possible. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:59:03 -0700, "Demogene" <Demogene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In exchange 5 you were able to access each individual mail that was sent to >or from you server. You could drag an individual raw mail file in to o...

Troubleshooting outside mail addresses without ndr's
Does anybody have helpful tips on finding intermittent mail not being delivered to misc domains without getting ndrs? I can use nslookup to verify the domain and other tools to track the mail leaving this domain. We have an outside spam filter that has a problem with one of the isp mail systems (Verizon) in how they handle mail from this address, (Mxlogic). They've repeatedly tried to get Verizon to white list them, but they refuse. Thanks In news:%23Irkw5rFGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, kb <kb@cfbisd.edu> typed: > Does anybody have helpful tips on finding intermittent...

Moving sent mail with a rule.
Hi, I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it as "not read". Is there a way to change this? G. George Lake <gdlake@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder > that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it > as "not read". Is there a way to change this? Afraid not. -- Brian Tillman ...

using access database on a mac
Hi. Over the years I've developed an access database which uses 30+ tables, queries, forms, reports, macros etc. Using replication the rest of my department have been able to use the dbase on their laptops. It's a school department and the database keeps pupil records, extra-curricular details, resource information etc. Now however it looks like we are going to switch to Mac's. I would be grateful if someone could give me possible solutions. All the machines would have internet access. many thanks On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:02:41 -0800 (PST), barnimup <barnimup@googlemail.com...

RMS 2.0 Access Denied
I've installed RMS 2.0 on one macine to upgrade from QuickSell 2000. I wanted to make sure the data base and hardware all worked before rolling it out to the floor. After using it for a week or so, I get the error "access denied" after I hit enter after putting in my user id and password in the POS sign-in screen. I hit "OK" in the error box and it goes right into POS, no problems. I don't understand what access has been denied. Any help on this? There is a problem with one of the devices on the register list, the net display, or the html status window. ...

3rd party apps unable to access mapi GAL after Outlook security update installed
Is there a way to undo this on a user level? Or must it be on the whole server level by uninstalling the patch. Thanks Tony ...

Mail Merge Formatted Table from Access to Word
I want to merge and entire table from Acces to Word, complete with formatting. I can get records from a table to appear from my Access table in Word , but what if the number of records periodically changes? The formated table in Word will then become obsolete. Is it possible for the table (the actual formatting that displays borders around the records, etc) to be able to contract or expand based on the number of records in the Access table? I haven't figure out how to do this, and the options in Microsft Query don't appear to allow for much formatting. Thanks, Ruben. On Jul 2,...

Do Access 2002 reports support duplex (2-sided) printing?
? On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote: >? > > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. Chuck -- In article <4bo0q3hs0u7ktej397ftec88pbt0nl2t22@4ax.com>, libbeyc@schoollink.net says... > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> > wrote: > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. > > Chuck -- > I think what he wants to know is, can you tell a printer to switch to duplex printing, via Access code, for thi...

Single Exchange 2003 svr need to host 2 mail domains
We have Server 2003 standard running AD and Exchange 2003 standard on a DELL 26XX 2U server. We have one main domain but we have two mail domains. They bothe have their own IP's and MX records. The main mail domain works but we can't get the second mail domain to work. We tried several different ways but we can't make it work. Thanks for any help. John Mabry Hello John You will want to set up a recipient policy for the second domain or add it to your existing policy. 249299 HOW TO: Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange http://kb/article.asp?id=Q249299 -- Michael...

Copies of sent mail go to my Sent Items folder instead of other mailbox Sent folder.
Experts, I have two Exchange 2000 mailboxes, of which I use the Outlook client to access. In this other mailbox, from which I occasionally send email, I noticed copies of sent mail go to my own mailbox Sent Items folder instead of the other mailboxes Sent Items folder. Is this a feature that can be changed? -- Regards, Spin ...

How to stop user from sending/receiving outside email
I have recently setup a 2003 Exchange server on a 2003 server box. I have about 11 users on the system. I need to block 6 of these users from sending or receiving email outside the building. I want them to be able to send email to other co workers but that is it. Can any one tell me the best way to configure the Exchange so these users cannot send/receive outside email please? Lee Smith leeasmith2@hotmail.com Hi, 1. To stop them recieving external email: On each user in ADUC, set them to recieve mail from authenticated users only: Properties | Exchange General | Delivery R...

Sending email to multiple recipients
HELP!!! I've seen several useful threads on this site, but my code following skills are limited at this point. Can someone walk me through this? I have a query (qryEmailMult) that includes an EmailAddress field. How would I open a new Outlook mail message screen, and export all records in the EmailAddress field to the To... box of the mail message? Is this possible? Or are there alternatives? THANKS!! -- GD Given your skill level, perhaps a COTS solution would be better for you? Total Access Emailer http://fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/Email.asp "GD" w...

Cannot send message to address not in contact list
I using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Pro. I have tried to reply to an email address that is not in my contact list which was generated by ACT. I have turned off name check and autocomplete but whenever I try to send a message that is not listed I get a name check message that Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize the name and I can't seem to send the message. I even added the address as an Outlook contact but it, too, does not seem to be recognized. Any hints as to why I am at a dead end. Thanks in advance This problem has been solved. Stupid mistake on my part. No need to rep...

Mail not getting through
Hello all! I have a client where several users are having trouble sending mail to certain addresses. They can send to the outside world in general, but so far we have found 4 addresses that are not working. They can't reply to previous messages or send new ones to these addresses. The most frustrating part is that the following is all we get in the NDR: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Hey Sent: 3/26/2007 10:55 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@niaid.nih.gov on 3/28/2007 11:46 AM ...

block a user to send internal & External mails
Hi all, I need to block a user in exchange 2003 sp2 from sending mails to internal as well as external users. that user can only recieve internal email. If it is possible, then please suggest the best possible way. Thanks in Advance Regards Supreet Singh ...

Cannot receive e-mails
It seems I have been able to send e-mails but not receive them. This error message somes up when I hit 'Send and Receive': The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.clear.net.nz', Server: 'pop.clear.net.nz', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have a clear.net.nz email address....What to do? 1: Has this account been working in the past? 2: What anti-virus program is installed? Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up ...

Receivables Batch Entry
I’ve just prepared a receivables cash entry batch and the no. of transactions and the total of the transactions on the batch header do not match the edit list. I have 7 transactions on the batch header and 6 actual transactions and the totals are different to the value of the first cash receipt in the batch. I deleted the batch and tried it again with a new name and the same thing happened! The batch total does not equal the line item totals. The batch total is greater then the same amt as one of the line items (as if it added the line item twice). This may just be coincidental. the ...

Sending and Receiving reported error (0X800CCC92)
The last five days my wife's e-mail account has come up with this error: -ERR[sys/PERM] unable to process from lines (envelopes) in /var/mail/a/z/azlover; change recognition mode or check for corrupted mail drop. I have reentered her password in Outlook, the same error comes up in Outlook Express, changed her password on the e-mail account server (WideOpenWest) and in Outlook. Web mail works fine and called WideOpenWest, they said everything is O.K., customer support was able to login with no problems. Customer support and I rechecked her e-mail setup, all correct. Any thoughts, co...

Sub-folder access by 2nd user thru pst?
In my office the assistants need to access their boss' email sub-folders on a regular basis to print them out and file them (we are a law office). Each boss has up to 100 sub-folders. I understand that in Outlook 2003 permissions to sub-folders must be given individually -- it can't be done from the parent folder. Is it possible to create a .pst file of some of the boss' folders and then copy the file to a shared network drive where the assistant can get the file and open it in her own Outlook folder list? -- Sunrise Yes. It's not recommended though. Will...

Trust access to the VBA project: Excel bug?, workaround required.
I'm fairly sure this is a VBA bug (comments welcome) and need a workaround. In Excel 2007 'm using the the function below in an add-in to return the access oft the VBA project. It appears to work correctly. Private Function IsVBProjectAvailable() As Boolean Dim lngAccessTest As Long On Error Resume Next lngAccessTest = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Count If lngAccessTest > 0 Then IsVBProjectAvailable = True Else IsVBProjectAvailable = False End If End Function ....UNTIL you open a workbook containing macros. At ...

send with isp not exchange in a corp enviro.
in outlook 2002 i have 2 mail accouts setup, one is a corp exchange acct and one is a ISP acct. in my profile i have the ISP acct setup as default. in outlook 2002 when i send to an external address (internet) the email is automatically sent via my ISP account. when i send to an internal (exchange) user it automatically sends using my exchange account. this is the behavior i like and want to use. in outlook 2003 when i do the same thing with the same config it always uses the default account. period! can this be handled in outlook 2003 as it was in 2002? thanks I am facing exact...

The process cannot access the file. Any idea?
Hello I implemented a class (Context) that works as an Unit of Work for a few XML files. When a XML Node is created a reference to a Image File is saved in it and the Image File is saved somewhere else. For this the Context contains a IFileService which adds the image files to a Queue. I am able to create a node. But on the next operation I get an error: The process cannot access the file '\efdb28e2-246d-4ea4-9b2a-9b446993ac7a' because it is being used by another process. Maybe should I have the IFileService as an parameter of the Context and not as a Property on Con...