Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor

I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to
archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint
perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location.

Imagine that I have the following structure:

Customers
-> Germany
-->DHL
-->ZDF

-> France
-->France Telecom
-->Canal+

If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current
and archive folder]. Is it possible ?

"Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to
> archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint
> perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location.
>
> Imagine that I have the following structure:
>
> Customers
> -> Germany
> -->DHL
> -->ZDF
>
> -> France
> -->France Telecom
> -->Canal+
>
> If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations.
> [current
> and archive folder]. Is it possible ?

No. Either your emails are in the current pst file (in which case they
aren't archived) or they are in the Archive pst file.

0
Gordon
3/29/2010 6:02:24 PM
A search would return hits from all locations

"Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to
> archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint
> perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location.
>
> Imagine that I have the following structure:
>
> Customers
> -> Germany
> -->DHL
> -->ZDF
>
> -> France
> -->France Telecom
> -->Canal+
>
> If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations.
> [current
> and archive folder]. Is it possible ?

0
DL

HQ and RMS can't set primary Cashier or Salesperson #2
Since we upgraded to RMS 2.0 and added HQ In RMS 1.3 we could assign and change Primary Cashier or Sales person on Customer accounts. NOW, We do not have a drop down list button on our customer accounts to set a primary Salesperson or Cashier. Is there a option to check to be able to have the drop down list appear on the Customer account? Or can it be set with a worksheet in HQ? -- DDowningMO HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0.0110 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2C5488 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting...

awkward message when replying email
I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary email client. When I replaying an email, the original message goes like this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is wrinting the original message when I reply to any email. Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ 1) Original replying email should be as below. -------Original Message-------- From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PC...

System Cleanup Folder
I have set the mailbox manager to move items to the System Cleanup folder for my Users Deleted Items. Where do I find that folder as I cannot find anywhere for any of my users. We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 on some clients and Outlook 2002 on all the other clients. HELP Thanks When MMS finish processing you should see folder in outlook Nebojsa Seslija "Norman Rosenthal" <norman@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Orpoq$SNFHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have set the mailbox manager to move items to the System Cleanup folder >for my Users Del...

Public folders nightmare
Hi all, Firstly, can I just say Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now that's out the system I wonder if there's anyone out there that can help me? I have an Exchange 2000 Multi-Site setup. Until recently, things looked like they were going OK but little did I know that replication between the 3 servers wasn't working. I rebooted a DC and a couple of the other servers and all the folders starting replicating - which is good, but is bad too. I have a few questions that I'm sure someone must be able to help me with. Firstly, what is the best way to just stop public folders replic...

IMAP hide folder
Is it possible to hide the Calendar folder from IMAP users? I keep running into users who are deleting entries in this folder, so I would like to hide it from all IMAP users, but still have it available to my MAPI and OWA users. I found a kb article that made it sound like it might be possible, but I don't want users to have to connect via OWA first... Exchange 2k3. Win2k3. Thanks An owner of a mailbox has rights to everything, so I don't believe that it's possible. Tell your users to leave it alone. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and b...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Install Folders for Windows Service
I have created a service and cannot figure out where the program is figuring out what to use for a company name or product name. I have a solution called UPS and a windows services called UPS.Service. My deployment project is called UPS.Deployment. When I build the msi and setup for the program it wants to put the folders in: c:\Program Files\Default Company\UPS.Deployment I want the intall program to put the default folder as: C:\Program Files\My Company\UPS I can't figure out how to make that work. In the primary output of the UPS.Deployment for the properties...

Can a Table be opened in datasheet view from a form
Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:00:01 -0800, ksgolfer wrote: > Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control > button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? I'll assume you meant to say "open a 'form' in datesheet view". To open a form in datasheet view by means of code you must explicitly code it to open in datasheet view: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", acFormDS -- Fred Please re...

Where can I find an invoice template with hourly rate calculated?
I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate calculated and a total of all. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that >will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate >calculated and a total of all. >. > Office templates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Having been the owner of a small (1 person) cabinet business for a number of years (http://www.moderncab...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Sub archive inside CArchive
Is it possible to create a sub archive inside an archive file? Is it possible to do this with an IStorage? Is it possible to create an IStorage inside a CArchive? ...

Centralising email store
Hi All! I work in an office with three computers, the main one with most of the data on and two others. The three computers are directly networked to each other through a modem/router box.. We currently have OE6 but will shortly move to Outlook. Before I move, I could really do with some help with a question. It used to be one of my jobs to enter new contacts into the Address Book on each computer. Then I would have to run regular checks to make sure no-one else had been entering data and that the address books were all up to date. Eventually I got bored with this and tried to find a bette...

how i can use CEDitView member function
hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView. for example void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint) { CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl(); ------------------ ------------------ } But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do Arbind Mr David if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e$WzWnVYDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi ,Can any one ...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Public folders #26
Hi, How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003? Thanks Go to First Admin Group\Folders\public folders and start creating folders. You will only be able to create mail folders (no calendars etc - do these from Outlook). Glen "Matt Owen" <MattOwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6E230AE-FFD3-490D-92C5-4ED64F235C64@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003? > > Thanks ...

Cannot see/edit certain section headers
I am using Word 2007. Section 28 has page number 2 and should be continuous numbering. When I edit the headers, however, and click Previous, it goes from section 28 back to section 25 and the other way from 25 to 28. The header that restarts numbering seems to be between the two. However I cannot see it to edit it since it is skipped. If I select show codes and go to section 28, then backspace past the section break next page, and then edit the headers, it again puts me into section 25. Thanks for any help, Dale In case it helps, the sequence I have is looking at show cod...

New: utility to easily see and change your headers and footers
Hi all, I have been putting together a small utility with which one can see and change ones headers and footers in Excel. Have a look at it if you like and send me any comments! Download: www.jkp-ads.com/HeaderFooter.zip (url is case sensitive!) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com thanks jan >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I have been putting together a small utility with which one can see and >change ones headers and footers in Excel. > >Have a look at it if you like and send me any comments! > >Download: > >www.jkp-ads.c...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables
I have a problem! I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables. In the forms I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data. I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003. The data was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard. The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report. This all works without a problem. Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I cannot add, delete or edit the data. I saw under the User and Group Permissions that u...

task folder in public folders as default
I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts folder in public folders) and select "Action", "New Task". By default it saves the task in the default Tasks folder in my mailbox. I'm running OL2003 and EX2003 SP2. Any ideas? TIA. Brian Charest vtel <helpxxx@uppervalleycomputer.com> wrote: > I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default > location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts > folder in public folders...

Backup Exec: Backing up Exhange Store vs Mailboxes and Folders
In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? Thanks, Cliff cleeseely@gmail.com wrote: > In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, > Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is > it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the > Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? >...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

How can I import my data from Entourage for Macosx
I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from Entourage to Outlook Ken Allen <Ken Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data > from Entourage to Outlook See if this helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/ -- Brian Tillman "Ken Allen" wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from > Entourage to Outlook. Will these scripts move all my e-mails and attachments over to Outlook as well. Thank you for all your help. I h...