We are interested in setting up a private email group at work that receives
semi-confidential information.

Is there a way to make the emails that these users will receive unable to be
forwarded to people outside of the group? Make private, or somehow else
prevent the information from getting outside of the approved recipient list?

no.  and you can't keep people from printing it, copying and pasting the
contents of it, taking a screen shot of it, etc, etc...

Jonna Kosalko wrote:

> We are interested in setting up a private email group at work that receives
> semi-confidential information.
>
> Is there a way to make the emails that these users will receive unable to be
> forwarded to people outside of the group? Make private, or somehow else
> prevent the information from getting outside of the approved recipient list?

Once your e-mail client has passed a message to your sending mail server,
you no longer have any control over its delivery or its content.
0
VanguardLH

Deleteing newsgroup messages?
Hi! Outlook Express 6.0 Although set to delete newsgroup messages "5 days after downloading", it doesn't! Messages are still there weeks after downloading. Compacting does nothing. Any ideas? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - George, who remembers "PRESS PLAY ON TAPE #1" To reduce spam, all e-mail is rejected. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

Can you move text boxes in slide show view
I'm doing a project and on 2 of the slides I am writing about disposal of waste with gaps where given words can be entered. Is it possible to place these given words in text boxes that the student can choose the correct text box and move and put in the right location in Slide Show view. Only with pretty complex vba cose. There's an example here: http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/mousemove_shape.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "PP Darlington" ...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

Can't add users in the distributio group
I manage one forest with 2 domains. The exchange is in domain abc.local in forest abc and domain ggg.local is in China in the same forest abc. Users in ggg.local can't be added to the distribution group in abc.local domain. I select the right domain but it can't find Contacts or Other Objects. When I am adding users from abc.local domain, I can see Users, Groups and Other objects. What is wrong here? I ran DOMAINPREP on the ggg.local domain and created RUS in for that domain. Can I create a distribution group in the ggg.local domain? Will it show in outlook? Also, newly created ...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

can't authenticate to Exchange
I can't authenticate to Exchange with Outlook but I can access mail through Outlook web access. I am running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. All of the clients accessing the Exchange Server work from home and use Outlook not Outlook Express. ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER SIDE: In the Exchange System Manager in POP3 Virtual Servers Properties dialog box, under the Access tab, under Access control \ under the Authentication button. I have Basic Authentication checked and Requires SSL/TLS encryption checked. In the System Manager in SMTP Virtual Servers Properties ...

Verifying I am a BCC recipient of a message in Outlook 2003
I've been getting numerous SPAM messages addressed to other people at my ISP. My ISP writes the problem off, claiming that I am a BCC to these messages. This may be the case, for even when I send myself an e-mail from work with my home address as a BCC, I cannot get Outlook 2003 to display the fact that I am a BCC recipient. I would expect that my address (and only my address) would show up as a BCC. I'd also expect to see it in the internet header. Further, when I use field picker to add BCC as a new column, my BCC is still shown as blank How do I confirm that I was the BCC reci...

Error Message: GPS Error 58, SQL Error 102, ODBC Error 37000
Posted this on Dynamics Forums too. I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error. When a user logs out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors. GPS Error: 58 (clicks ok) SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok) ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok) Then is able to proceed to work with no problems I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or something like that. It only happens to her UserID. The problem is that we have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist favorites and set them available ...

Command IDs in message map handlers.
The message map contains hundreds of ON_COMMAND( nId, OnThisThatAndTheOther ) Once one is inside the function OnThisThatAndTheOther() is there any easy and elegant way to extract the value of nId which resulted in its being called? Dave -- David Webber Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor' http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm Have a look at ON_COMMAND_EX macro. -Seetharam >The message map contains hundreds of >ON_COMMAND( nId, OnThisThatAndTheOther ) > >Once one is inside the function >OnThis...

Message Rules using <or>
Hello, How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Bob Bob Brannon <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain > people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Two rules. -- Brian Tillman ...

can not find graphic convert for Publisher 2000
- some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not draw up photos. States that need Graphic Converter. No sign of them on MS site. Have cleared PC of all old publisher but still no luck in using it again. It still states can not convert picture Martyn Long Hi Martyn Long (Martyn Long@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || - some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find || new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not || draw up photos. States ...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

can't receive some emails
Hi, I am not receiving emails sent to me by other people. I have been through recent posts including the one below from 25/5/10 and tried all these things but it's still not working. I can send emails, and I can send myself emails from my windows mail email address and other emails but I am not getting all emails sent to me by other people. I have changed my email settings on McAfee. Any other ideas? I have Windows 7. Thanks Kate When you click on Send/Receive do you see progress information near the lower right corner (status bar)? When concluded does it say "No ...

Newbie here
Hi, this is one great ng! I've been reading for hours and find it enormously informative. Thanks. I'm a newbie to the ng but not entirely to Excel. I'm still on '97 (not 2000) I know how to format the workbook template (book1.xlt) to open with the settings (margins, custom header etc) that I prefer, but every time that I open a new worksheet within the same workbook, it gives me the original Excel settings that it has always given me - unless, of course, I *copy* the worksheet already formatted by me - but it is inconvenient to do that every time. I've tried to loca...

forwarding e-mails
How can I have the e-mail addresses that were in the original e-mail deleted when I forward it to others? I know how to use bcc, but do not know how to have windows mail delete the previous addresses. -- Kip Just click on the Forward button and you will then have to supply the recipient addresses. If the previous ones are in the text of the body of the message, then delete them. steve "Kip Benson" <KipBenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EC9FCFA-F105-45AF-B92D-F64F4D9B4F78@microsoft.com... > How can I have the e-mail addresses that ...

Issue with making changes to recouring meetings. #2
One of our users has a recurring meeting every week. She made a change to it for this week and this is the problem: The recurring meeting is Tuesdays from 9-10. User 1 changed the 7/17 meeting to Wednesday, 7/18, from 11:30-1:30 and It was accepted by user 2. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from user 1's Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on user 2's calendar in the original time slot. When user 1's assistant opens user 1's calendar the meeting is also still in the original time slot and has not change...

CAN'T FIND EXEL!!!!!
I have XP on my laptop. I can,t finf exel anywhere. Tried through a search and nothing. Please,please help -- Dog Mad When you say you have "XP" on your laptop, I assume you are talking about Windows XP. Excel isn't included with Windows. You must purchase it separately. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dog Mad" <DogMad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5474728F-C3EF-42D9-BFEE-BCA870D0C72D@microsoft.com... >I have XP on my laptop. I can,t finf exel anywhere. Tried >...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...

Can't access one domain
I have emails sitting in our exchange queue for up to 6 hours beofer sending. It appears that our server is trying to communicate to the 'bell.blackberry.net' domain. Some of the emails eventually get through but I don't understand the delay. Sending email from another address (i.e. Hotmail) to the Blackberry domain sends the email through right away, and we can send email to all other external domains from our Exchange server. Any ideas why this domain would cause such a delay from only our server? Thanks! In my experience Create SMTP Connector,Address space set 'bell....

how can you view cells from different worksheets in to one sheet,.
hi, I have multiple worksheets, more than 200 of them, and i wanted to summarize some cells in to one sheet, I know how to do it by entering the code manually (='7'!$D2), this shows cell d2 in sheet 7, but is there a function to do that like drag or something? You can use this macro myasin http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "myasin" <myasin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07759D01-70FE-416A-B54B-009646C2C365@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have multiple worksheets, more than 200 of them, and i...

Can someone explain OnTime?
I understand/have directions for use but I don't know where to find it. Is this an Excel function...? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "hw" wrote: > I understand/have directions for use but I don't know where to find it. Is > this an Excel function...? ...

Saving Message to a file
I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I can do this on my computer, but my clients computer keeps wantting to save the file as HTML. We are using Outlook 2000. We are using the same email message so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this to be different. Thank you for any insight that you can provide, Ken Have him click on the dropdown for SAVE AS TYPe. MSG should be on option. >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I >can do this on my computer, ...

Where can I find a forum to help with writing sql reports?
I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find a place like this that I can ask question on how to get header to repeat on different pages and how to put one text box on top another etc. etc. Can someone point me to somewhere I can ask these questions? I have a MSDN subscription so I'd like a MS site where they are obligated to give me help. Thanks. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:43:11 -0400, cj2 <cj2@nospam.nospam> wrote: >I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find >a place like this that I can ask quest...

New message receipients listed for TO field
When creating a new email message, the TO field (like CC and BCC) provides a drop down list of previously used addressed as you enter the letters. Where is this list kept? Can I clean it up and remove some/all entries? To remove individual entries then highlight them as they pop up and delete, to clear the list entirely then close Outlook and delete a file with a *.NK2 extension that usually kept in your user profile. "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:%23sQbWTtPGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When creating a new email message, the TO field (like CC and...