Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?

Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
stored in an Access database.
I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
one go.

yes you can

http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf

Jan Main wrote:
>Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
>stored in an Access database.
>I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
>but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
>one go.

Shawn76
6/7/2010 11:50:07 AM
You don't need (and shouldn't bother with) a distribution list for that.
This can be done with Outlook VBA code that creates a message (CreateItem
method) and sets the To property of the message to a semi-colon delimited
string of the desired addresses.

Note, though, that this means each recipient will see the others' addresses,
which might not be desirable for privacy reasons. Your existing technique,
which I presume is mail merge, might be better for that reason (and because
it requires no code.

Please post follow-up any questions or comments to the forum at
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlooksend/threads as this
newsgroup will be discontinued any day now.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Jan Main" wrote:

> Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
> stored in an Access database.
> I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
> but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
> one go.

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

How to create an autonumber field?

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Access to User Calendar