Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?

Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
stored in an Access database.
I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
one go.

yes you can

http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf

Jan Main wrote:
>Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
>stored in an Access database.
>I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
>but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
>one go.

Shawn76
6/7/2010 11:50:07 AM
You don't need (and shouldn't bother with) a distribution list for that.
This can be done with Outlook VBA code that creates a message (CreateItem
method) and sets the To property of the message to a semi-colon delimited
string of the desired addresses.

Note, though, that this means each recipient will see the others' addresses,
which might not be desirable for privacy reasons. Your existing technique,
which I presume is mail merge, might be better for that reason (and because
it requires no code.

Please post follow-up any questions or comments to the forum at
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlooksend/threads as this
newsgroup will be discontinued any day now.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Jan Main" wrote:

> Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already
> stored in an Access database.
> I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database,
> but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in
> one go.

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Excel not Access

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2