Blank e-mail in sent folder.

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer.

I often monitor the e-mail from other employees in my department and I have
noticed that one employee's Sent Items folder contains nothing but blank
messages. This employee is sending replies and/or new e-mail to other
employees, but they are getting saved in his Sent Items as a blank message.
The record is there, showing who it was sent to and the time, but the body of
the message is blanked out.

What option in Microsoft Outlook allows this to happen? Does it involve
setting up a rule? Is it possible to undo this and see the text of these Sent
Items? This individual is likely doing this so that management cannot read
his e-mail that he sends, because some of the messages are likely offensive.

Have you actally opened one and found it to be blank?

What exactly are you looking at? It could just be that the view does not
show the Subject.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
"Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a question I am hoping someone can answer.
>
> I often monitor the e-mail from other employees in my department and I
> have
> noticed that one employee's Sent Items folder contains nothing but blank
> messages. This employee is sending replies and/or new e-mail to other
> employees, but they are getting saved in his Sent Items as a blank
> message.
> The record is there, showing who it was sent to and the time, but the body
> of
> the message is blanked out.
>
> What option in Microsoft Outlook allows this to happen? Does it involve
> setting up a rule? Is it possible to undo this and see the text of these
> Sent
> Items? This individual is likely doing this so that management cannot read
> his e-mail that he sends, because some of the messages are likely
> offensive.

0
Judy

How Safe Are Exchange Raw Mail Files?
Hi There, My company has mandated that our office move over to Exchange 2003. Of all my research, I really only have one small question. That is, how safe and protected are the raw mail files that Exchange stores on the server? In other words, outside of using the user's password, can these files be copied and read later or are they encrypted or protected in some manner? Thanks, -Jay I am pretty certain that the mailbox store, essentially the pair of a Jet database something called a "streaming" file, are not encrypted. You should protect them as you would any se...

Junk Mail Clean-up
I use Symantec Premium Anti-Spam package alongside Exchange 2003. The end result of Symantec's product is to dump spam into the Junk E-Mail" folder. I would like to be able to run an autoamted proceudres that would kill any messages in the Junk E-Mail folder older than, say, 7 days old. And, here's the catch, I want to do this on the server side for all mailboxes housed on that Exchange server. I think that a recipient policy may be one avenue, but do not see "Junk E-Mail" as one of the folders under 'setting'. While I can manually add it, I do not k...

question about moving mailboxes from 2000 exch to 2003 exchange and mail store size
we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000 server to our new exchange 2003 server. I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75 gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2. When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key for the PUBLIC store. The PRIVATE does not appear. is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not removed the exchange 2000 server yet? I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do this when we finished moving the rest of the mai...

Internet Headers Missing (SENT ONLY)
All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. Is this a know issue? -3mtsys -- 3mtsys http://forums.slipstick.com The internet header is available only for received items. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:09:05 -0500 schrieb 3mtsys: > All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. > Is this a know issue? > > -3mtsys Thank you for your reply. I would like to know more about the extent of this pro...

Inserting a blank row with a macro?
Hello everyone. Is there any way I can create a macro that will compare two cells such as B1 and B2 and if they dont' match to insert a blank row after B1? Thanks in advance. Aaron Sub CompareEm() If [B1].Value <> [B2].Value Then [B2].EntireRow.Insert End If End Sub You can usually figure out things like this by recording a macro while you do it manually, then modify the code. Jerry Aaron Russell wrote: > Hello everyone. Is there any way I can create a macro that will compare two > cells such as B1 and B2 and if they dont' match to insert a bl...

sending mails from 2 accounts
I have outlook 2003 and I use two different email accounts on it. I want to set up the system so that I HAVE to chose which account the mail is going from everytime I send an email. Presently I have a default address and I risk forgetting and sending emails with the wrong account. Can anyone help me set up Outlook to avoid this problem? As far as I know, there is no way to do what you're asking. Outlook 2003 will always try to send via the default account for new messages, and via the receiving account for replies and forwards. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages s...

querying folder full of worksheets.
Hi all, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I don't know if this is possible, or if someone has tried to create something to do what I need, but here it goes. I have a folder full of checklist worksheets that are of identical format, but obviously with different numbers. I have a master tally sheet that requires the values of the same 4 fields from all of the sheets. Is there a way to automatically query each sheet and get the values in the cells I want and spit out a text file ? You help is appreciated. Hi navtechie I have a example that will copy it all in one workbo...

"Not plotted" option / blank cells in graph
I have a similar problem to "blank cells in graph" already posted by Kirsty, ie. 'Plot empty cells as: Not plotted' option is greyed out. The cells are empty, (no formula). My intention is to extend the formula from week to week (every time the chart will be updated. I'm using a Stacked Area chart - maybe that's the problem? ie. it's not possible to have a Stack Area chart to "stop"? Thanks in advance.... ...

Can not open mail folders
Hi I had a win xp crash, possibly due to power failure. I have repaired xp from the original disk. Now when I try to go into Outlook 2003 I get the below error and then it closes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards = Error Message ======= This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You mus...

mail merge #8
using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get "to use this feature, you must install the microsoft word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Office Outlook" I have word 2003 installed??? What is your Office version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dmoore asked: | using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get | "to use this fe...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

How do I put a smile in my e-mails?
laws <laws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> No need to ask more than once. You were answered in your original thread 30 minutes before you asked again. -- Brian Tillman ...

mail delivery problems #2
Hi, Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what seems like no apparent reason we are having problems. The setup is exchange 2003. The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing sitting between the servers other than routers. Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these em...

outlook 2003 earthlink e-mail
When setting up the outlook 2003 account via earthlink, the test message would not send. All settings, POP3, SMTP were correct and tested so. Any ideas? Thank you, jdarden56 Did you get an error message? Does the outgoing mail server require authentication at Earthlink? If so, have you configured Outlook that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "jdarden56" <jdarden56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F8845BF-0429-41EB-8174-C4A9E54BB1E3@microsoft.com... &g...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

Shipping to be blank
When we set up a new customer we have the option of filling in the billing address. However if we leave it blank, why doesn't it stay blank on the pos screen and invoice? It defaults to the billing address? Is there any way around this besides? ...

Exchange 2003 Mail Wizard is not working -- Please Help!!
When I go through the wizard I get an error "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server then if I deselect send internet email I get "The SMTP virtual server 'Default SMTP virtual server' on the selected server does not have the binding of all unassigned/port 25 What does this mean Will You cant run Internet Mail Wizard twice. If you do that you olways get erorr "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server" You must delete Internet Mail Connector and ReRun Internet Mail Wizard I think this help y...

Winmail.dat sent over Exchange mail
I have a persistent issue with some (not all) emails that when they are sent to another recipient on the GAL internal to the organization the attachment and message body is combined into a winmail.dat file. The attachment in this case is a Word document with a RTF extension. I've tried all knowledge base articles I can find but have only come out with a headache. Stats: Exchange Server 2000 Sp3 Outlook 2000 Sp3 Global Address List in place Outlook 2000 settings - configured for Plain Text - Message sent in Plain Text - don't use Word as an Editor Exchange 2000 settings ...

How do I compress high resolution pic from Publisher doc to mail?
How do I compress the high resolution images, to make the size of the attachment smaller for mailing? The documment is 7 MB big, and I'm having difficulty mailing it. I'm Using Microsoft Publisher 2002. You could take the images into an editing program and re-sample them down. WinZip? I don't have Publisher 2002 installed on my computer yet, is there a compress image icon on your picture toolbar? Appears as a square with arrows on each corner... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tinkerbell" <...

Outlook 2003 Startup Folder Setting
I need to programmatically set the startup folder that Outlook starts in when it starts up. I dont want to programmatically navigate to a particular folder, but set the folder in the Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options... button > Startup in this folder... to a folder I want. I believe this may be a setting somewhere in the registry. Anyone have any idea where it may be? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have ...

How to direct output from Word mail merge to multiple Word documents
Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word mail merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything into a single document? Thanks for any suggestions. Bill Choose the "form letters" output. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <riddlewk@aeneas.net> wrote in message = news:1154627898.484999.26...

Mail Delivery Delay #3
Mail does not show up in the users Inbox for 30 to 45 minutes after a message was sent to the user. However, if the user clicks a folder other than Inbox then goes back to the Inbox, the mail will appear without delay. It's an XP PC running Outlook 2000 connected to an Exchange server 2003. Has anyone else seen this? I tried removing and adding back the Exchange service on the PC but it didn't help. Help! Thanks, Diane Make sure her automatic mail polling is set to no less than every 10 minutes. Anything less than that can cause this. "Diane" wrote: > Mail...

mail enabling root public folder
Hi, how can I assign an e-mail address to the folder which shows on clicking the Public Folders in Outlook? Right click the public folder in ESM, 'mail enable' Then click on the email address tab and assign SMTP addresses. Oliver On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:09:52 +0100, "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, how can I assign an e-mail address to the folder which shows on clicking >the Public Folders in Outlook? You can't. Why would you want to? :) Hi, Re-reading your question. You can't mail enable Folders | Public Folders This is...

E-mail Rule Deployment Wizard
Hello all I am trying to run the Rule Deployment Wizard, but in the Select Users screen I get this error: "Queue 'E-mail Support' cannot be resolved because its e-mail address 'service@mycompany.com' could not be found for any user in Active Directory." Can anybody give me a hand please? Also, I am very new to this and had a couple of questions: 1. There is a checkbox that says "Deploy disabled rules"...what does this mean? what are disabled rules? 2. I've seen the term queue everywhere on this board; I know what a queue is, but was wondering what i...

deleting without opening e mail #2
i cant delete email without it opening first, can anyone help. i want to be able to single click to highlight it,then delete it or right click then delete it. when i try either way it opens the e mail. can someone please help me. i'm running outlook express 6.0 in windows XP thank you This is an Outlook newsgroup. Try these Outlook express newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke...