Attachments take a long time to load

Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous probs.
I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
server is Clearwire.
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Carl R

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message

> Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
> attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
> got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous
> probs.
> I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
> freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
> think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
> because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
> server is Clearwire.

Why would getting a smart phone make you switch your Outlook account type?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/14/2010 5:39:17 PM
HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP
server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server, and
a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone
that I would have to change from pop to IMAP
--

> HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP
> server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server,
> and
> a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone
> that I would have to change from pop to IMAP

Your ISP person doesn't understand mail.  You can do this with a POP account
as well.  Just configure each client that needs to access the mailbox to leave
a copy of the messages on the server so that when the next client accesses the
mailbox, the messages are there to be seen by that client.  Designate (in your
mind) one client to be the master and configure it to delete older messages
after, say, five days so that your mailbox doesn't fill up or simply train
yourself to log into the mailbox periodically via a web browser and clean out
the messages you no longer need.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Conditional Sumproduct() Based on the Time of the Day
I was wondering how I can get a conditional Sumproduct to know what time of day it is and sum only the columns that meet the following criteria. 1) If it is before 11AM then all the "< Noon-1" Columns for each unit is added together in the "totals" column for each row of areas. 2) If it is after 11 but before 1PM then the "totals" column adds all the "Noon" Columns 3) If it is after 1PM then the "totals" column adds all the "> Noon+1" Columns There can be as many as 300 Units per month and every month has it...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Sending Attachments From Outlook 98 in Win XP
When I send an email from Outlook 98 with a Word attachment from my home computer which is running WinXP to my office computer, the attachment arrives as a .dat file and is garbage. Is Outlook 98 not compatible enough with WinXP to send attachments? What mail program are you using at work? If it's not Outlook (and Outlook Express is considered "not" Outlook!), you will need to make sure you send the message in HTML or Plain Text format, not Rich Text format. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply onl...

Hi all. I have an application in MFC Visual .NET which i want to load an help file. As default the ".HLP" help file is loaded and in order to load the ".chm" help file i overrided the WinHelp function in my CMainFrame class and call the HtmlHelp function in it. The code is: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(),"MyApp.chm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); but it is not working. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your help. Nir. In addition : It is working first, but if i open ?CFileDialog before the help, it is not working. I don't know if when the project was created, t...

Can't receive attachments from Outlook 2003 to Outlook express
I cannot receive any attachments from an Outlook 2003 client to my Outlook Express address. I have been to Tools-Options-Security and un- checked "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". I receive attachments from any other email client. Anyone have a suggestion? rumballus@yahoo.com <rumballus@yahoo.com> wrote: > I cannot receive any attachments from an Outlook 2003 client to my > Outlook Express address. I have been to Tools-Options-Security and un- > checked "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could...

Time Calculation thought process
Hello All, I am at an impass and sometimes just seeing other ideas helps me think it out, so here it goes... (TimeIn - TimeOut) - LunchBreak relatively easy calculation BUT If you arrive late you are docked in 15 minute increments (so 7:16 am means you lose 30 minutes). If you leave early you are docked in 15 minute increments. There are no exceptions, you can't 'make-up' the time. (Glad I don't work there!) What have I tried, that doesn't work: 15*Int(+[aTimeDecimal])/15 Don't know if this works because I can't get it to handle midnight... Function ...

Business Portal Project Time #2
Import the overtime rules by State when updating Tax info and have Project Time warn users when entering overtime incorrectly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

configuration wizard every time in Office 2007
configuration wizard run every time I start an Office 2007 standard application You probably not install Office correctly. Reinstall office and INSTALL ALL COMPONENTS. Are you running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine? If so, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. If that's not it, try logging in as Administrator and see if that makes the installation finish correctly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mark Young" <Mark Young@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to take master page control value in .aspx page
Dear friends, Please tell me how to take master page control value in .aspx page. I have a master page name master1.master, which holds one drop down <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlName" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem>Vinod</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Manoj</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Alok</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Amit</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Osho</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Ganesh&l...

Appointments and Time Zones
When i enter a new appointment into the the Outlook calendar, is it possible to specify the time zone for the appointment? "CD" <CD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852BE35D-310E-4FF3-8ABB-FD104D6915B8@microsoft.com... > When i enter a new appointment into the the Outlook calendar, is it possible > to specify the time zone for the appointment? With Outlook 2007 and later, yes. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

date and time in 2 cells to create subtraction in 3rd
I have 2 cells that are in the format line of A1: 27/06/2006 9:42:00 pm B1: 7/06/2006 9:52:05 pm Want third column C1: 00:10 I wish to subtract the two cells to get the difference in time i.e 10:00 (only interested in nearest minute) Then a average at the end of the column of the the times in this 3rd column as a result of the difference between the 2 times. How would I do this? I could do it if it was just numbers but once it is in this time/dtae format I am completely lost! Thanks MIke Hi Mike, =MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1) Format as Time You can use the AVERAGE function on the ...

populate System Time in visual basic
How can I populate system time into a time field through VB. I am trying to populate the current time in time field in automated data collection window in manufacturing? ...

conversion to time
Problem concerning the conversion of the following. Table input is as follows: Delay //Input time as a number with inputmask 01:23 00:00;0;_ 00:23 00:14 I need a conversion so that in the report the average time is displayed as 00:53 hours. I have the following: When is display the total time, the total time is displayed as 53.333. How do I tell Access that the input is a time input? Thanx Martijn martijnbomhof@hotmail.com ...

Attaching Email Notes to a Message
I want to reply to a message and also attach another Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >-----Original Message----- >I want to reply to a message and also attach another >Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >. > There are two ways you can do this. One is to reply to the message and copy paste the other email into your reply email; or two, take the old email that you want to attach, and forward it to the sender and reply that way. ...

Outlook 2000 attachments become embedded in text as gibberish! Please help!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ???????????????????????????????????????????????>?????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...

Seems like time to dredge this one up
Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a new commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already, enjoy. If you have, well, enjoy anyway. How products like Money get to be products like Money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23bpPLt1HIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ ...

How time work with a file excel ?
Hello from Italy , i have an old five of excel (five years old) . I work with this every day , now i have the curiosity to know : how many hours it was open ? TIA Hi if I understood you correctly there is no chance to get this information :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany barbun wrote: > Hello from Italy , > i have an old five of excel (five years old) . > I work with this every day , now i have the curiosity to know : how > many hours it was open ? > > TIA Arbun; This is possible with a VBA macro, but I have to write that. Maybe google can serve you bett...

Could not load an object
Hi all, Recently I noticed my Excel program has been getting these error messages. I'm using win 2000 pro with MS office 2000 SR1. When I tried to open Excel program I always get this message. Title: "Microsot Forms" and the message is: "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine" Once I click "OK" it pop us another error something about VB Module Script. Then I click OK again, and Excel works just fine. Does anyboy know how to fix this problem? Thank you, ED ...

Cannot Send Attachments in Outlook 2000
I have been able to send out attachment with Outlook 2000. Since the start of the week I cannot send an e-mail with an attachment. I have tried serveral different e-mail address and it still won't go out. I can receive e-mails with attchments. I've run all Office updates, run Norton, Virsus Scann, defrag, clean system. Any help would be appreciated. Why not? What happens? Error messages? Reports from recipients? Give us some meat to work with here! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest vi...

Connection hang time when sending from Outlook Express
I recently set up new email accounts for everyone in our office after we got a domain name that included email addresses. We also recently switched from dialup to cable modem and set up a wireless network. Our domain name and email accounts are through earthlink but our high-speed cable is through optimum online. We are all using Outlook Express 6. When sending messages, Outlook Express spends a long time (20-30 seconds) connecting before it sends the message. The actual send/receive is fast, but this hang before sending is annoying. Can anyone help? Thanks. - Eric ...

Attachment to an artical
How can i add an attachment to an artical (or Knowledge base)? Not supported out of box. Maybe you can leverage Sales Literature entity (where you can attach documents) Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Look Up Type + Assign Entity" wrote: > How can i add an attachment to an artical (or Knowledge base)? > Thanks but i can't add a template to the sales Literature. My required options should be: 1. Template 2. Attachment 3. Search Any other idea? Can it be done by a programer? Thanks "Frank Lee" wrote: > Not supported out o...

excel office home and student freezes all the time
I purchased office home and student 2007 several months ago. I have Vista on my computer. I had issues with Word, but was able to fix it. I have had no reason to use Exce, until now. When ever I open it, it constantly freezes up, with the little circle spinning. It says all the updates are on my computer. I have no idea how to fix this issue, and it is very frustrating, and time consuming trying to fix this issue. Thanks for you help. Steve ...

Remove time from date upon export to csv
I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv file. I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my tblInvoices table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as follows: Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy") (UK format) In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown. I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard. But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time! However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process bu...

ComboBox DropDown Size: Design vs Run Time?
Hi, I was wondering, what's the reason for specifying the dropdown size of a combobox at design time? I'd say it's better to make the size as large as possible to display as much rows (and columns) without falling of the screen. Olaf van der Spek wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering, what's the reason for specifying the dropdown size of a > combobox at design time? > I'd say it's better to make the size as large as possible to display as > much rows (and columns) without falling of the screen. Sounds reasonable. Are you having some kind of issue wit...

SelStart Error
I have been using input masks for dates on forms. I usually add code to force the cursor to the beginning of the text box using SelStart. Private Sub txtDate1_GotFocus() Me.txtDate1.SelStart = 0 End Sub I created a form and the above field functioned fine. After I added more controls and code I began to get a Run-time 2185 error -You can't reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. Anyone know what causes this or is my form corrupted in some way? Thanks in advance for any help or insight, -- Scott S Scott, the only case that comes to mind ...