a program trying to access e-mail no timer displayed

Okay been playing with an issue that we have had while testing myob and email
through outlook.

Now I appreciate the issues and security implications behind why there is a
dialog box stopping automated emailing.
but what I have noticed is that on some OS installations we get the warning
and an allow or deny option  with an ability to allow acess for up to 10 mins.

but an identical or similar setup will give the option to allow or deny, but
will Not give us the option to allow a timer for up to 10 mins access.

now I'm not going to get moyb to fix there stupid emailin method any time
soon
So our  solution is to make sure that timer is available on all
installations but have no idea why some have it and others don't. ( I can
expect a customer to sit there clicking to allow up to 200 emails on any
particular weekly run)

this issues arises on xp and win 7 installs with outlook 2007  and the one
we have got it showing with is windows 7 and outlook 2010.. and have a few xp
boxes with it also working.

can someone point me in the right direction as to why we don't have the
timer to allow up to 10 mins of outlook access.  I'd be forever grateful.

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Now I appreciate the issues and security implications behind why there is a
> dialog box stopping automated emailing.
> but what I have noticed is that on some OS installations we get the warning
> and an allow or deny option  with an ability to allow acess for up to 10
> mins.
>
> but an identical or similar setup will give the option to allow or deny, but
> will Not give us the option to allow a timer for up to 10 mins access.
>
> now I'm not going to get moyb to fix there stupid emailin method any time
> soon
> So our  solution is to make sure that timer is available on all
> installations

I don't have an answer to the question, but perhaps this tool is a better
alternative: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0