"Subject Line". How can I make the e-mail Subject Line 'uneditabl

Subject Line.  How can I make the Subject Line 'uneditable' after the email
is sent? In other words, I don't want the recipient to be able to
alter/change the Subject Line when replying to the email.  I have MS Office
Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3.

Same answer as you got in the Answers newsgroup;
You cannot control this. The recipient is free to address the message as
he/she pleases. You can of course politely ask the recipient not to change
the subject upon reply.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Vince Innovation" <Vince Innovation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DEA2366A-D1E5-472F-83CA-B8E65C89D4DF@microsoft.com...
> Subject Line.  How can I make the Subject Line 'uneditable' after the
> email
> is sent? In other words, I don't want the recipient to be able to
> alter/change the Subject Line when replying to the email.  I have MS
> Office
> Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3.

0
Roady
4/17/2010 7:51:44 AM
Vince Innovation wrote:

> Subject Line.  How can I make the Subject Line 'uneditable' after the email
> is sent? In other words, I don't want the recipient to be able to
> alter/change the Subject Line when replying to the email.  I have MS Office
> Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3.

Unless this is within a corporate environment where you are using Exchange
as the mail server and the RMS (Rights Management Server) to enforce some
control over e-mails but which requires that both you and the other user are
using Outlook 2007, you don't get any control of your e-mail after your
sending SMTP mail server has accepted it from you.  Once sent, you are no
longer in control.  Each user gets to control their own host and all files
on it, not you.  You would like us to control your computer?  If so, install
VNC and tell us the login credentials so we can take control of your host at
any time we wish.
0
VanguardLH

Rule for special subject line
I have implemented a anti spam software, which I set up to put in subject line word SPAM. I went to client Outlook client, and set up rule. Can these rule be implemented globally, for all users in Exchange organization, so I don’t have to go to each client , and set up special folder named SPAM an massage is moved to that folder… Thank you for replay "Mr.B" <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have implemented a anti spam software, which I set up to put in subject >line word SPAM. >I went to client Outlook client, and set up rule. Can these rule be >i...

Block email at subject line?
Hello all, Is it possible to block email at the subject line in Exchange 2003? If so, does anyone know where? TIA, gary No. This is something that anti-spam software (or potentially antivirus) would be required for. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "GaryH" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in message news:OGb3ahwAFHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > Is it possible to block email at the subject line in Exchange 2003? If > so, > does anyone know where? > TIA, > gary > > ...

How do i group the mails based on the numbers in the subject line
Hi All, This is my requirement. In my Inbox, i will be getting the mails in such a way that, where i will have some unique number in the subject line". Please find the samples here. "101011 - User Creation" "Re:101011 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:101011 - User Creation" "102022 - User Creation" "Re:102022 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:102022 - User Creation" Based on this number, a folder should be created automatically, all the respectives mails should move there. Example: Create a folder called ‘My Emails’. My ...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

option to warn if subject line is empty
Is there an option in Outlook to warn users if the subject line is empty? Blah <Blah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an option in Outlook to warn users if the subject line is > empty? Ask once. Wait for an answer. -- Brian Tillman Tolerance is a virtue - the website is having problems and users don't know the post went through - the error message says it timed out. (Telling them to switch to an NTTP reader won't help - I'm timing out too.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 fo...

Delete Email from OUTBOX with certain Subject line
Hello all, I hope that someone that reads this can help me. I am attempting to remove ALL emails from the outbox with a certain subject line (We send emails with a 10min delay to the outbox with subject "Please Acknowledge Issue") where can I find assistance with this? Press Ctrl Shift F to invoke Advanced Find window or Go to Outbox - sort by Subject line <djchaney3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191340779.944436.135370@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hello all, I hope that someone that reads this can help me. I am > attempting to remove ALL emails from the outbo...

Outlook-Spam in Subject line
Does anyone know why Outlook XP will put the word Spam in the subject line if an email when it is sent and how do I stop this from occurring? Outlook will not do this on its own. There are many SPAM/Filtering software packages that run on various mail servers that can do this, however. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Richard" <rlong@long-intl.com> wrote in message news:045901c3560e$4a5d3860$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Ou...

Two Subject Lines in same Internet Header
We currently use Brightmail to mark anything it detects as spam with a <spam> in the subject. However, recently some spam is slipping by withbout being marked. If I look at the Internet header on these messages, I see the following: Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from mail.umassmed.edu ([146.189.194.28]) by server.umassmed.edu with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:18:59 -0500 Received: from 39F9B928 ([61.91.169.18]) by mail.umassmed.edu with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:20:12 -0500 Received: (from inveigle@localhos...

getting the subject line out of a mail
Hi, I am using following code to get time stamp and subject of a mail item Sub TimeStampDigger() Dim i%, myItem As Outlook.MailItem, excelApp As Object, excelBook As Object Set myItem = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items(1) myTime = myItem.ReceivedTime Set excelApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set excelBook = excelApp.Workbooks excelBook.Open ("C:\Documents and Settings\n.bansal\Desktop\Report Delivery Performance") End Sub I am getting problems in getting the subject item. Kindly help. R...

message routing based on subject line
Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public folder. I have not found a way to control message routing based on subject line. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. "Milton" <milton.bliss@sunwestmanagement.com> wrote in message news:1167842798.615252.282430@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message > subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public > folder. I have not found a way to control...

Subject Line Appointmet Font Formatting
Is there a way i to format text in the Subject Line for the appointment template. I would like to be able to change color and font for if an appointment was canceled or moved TIA Rick No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, JBK617 asked: | Is there a way i to format text in the Subject Line for the | appointment template. I would like to be able to change color and | font for if an appointment was canceled o...

Auto enter subject line in outlook?
Hi all, is it possible to have the subject bar filled in automatically from words in the message body itself? message in brackets[] [Eg. Subject:Appointment at 1215 on 5 may 2010 message: Dear sir, you have an apointment at 1215 on 5th may 2010 , thanks.] is it possible to have the date and time automatically filled in/replaced when i type the actual date and time in the message body? Thanks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com As there's no event for that, it could work with a timer: Check at intervals the content of the Body property. And if you dete...

OWA - URLScan
Hi Guys, I built my OWA server (WIN2K3/EX2K3 with SP2) quite a while ago, and when I did I ran URLScan on it. Now I have reports from a user that an email with the + sign in the subject line will not open. However on my OWA servers where I didn't run URLScan they are fine. Is there any way of undoing what URLScan has done, or is there a way to easily allow the special characters to work. Cheers In article <008E073F-D08F-44BB-99E7-C77A5691645B@microsoft.com>, Deano@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi Guys, > > I built my OWA server (WIN2K3/EX2K3 with SP2) quite a ...

Display subject lines that carry [error:] on a web page, which refreshes every x minutes automatically #2
Hello, I don't know if this is possible or not. But it is worth giving a try. I have an application that sends notification emails saying that there is an error that has occured with the application and this email contains "error:" as a constant term in the subject line, and they are all from h...@application.com. Now, What I want to do is my outlook macro or code should periodically refresh the outlook inbox look for subject line that has "error" and verify it is from h...@application.com and display this error subject line on a web page. This should happen every ...

change subject line and forward (cannot be client-only)
Hi, I need to be able to create a rule that will forward specific emails to another email address and change the subject line. I can write a rule to do this using the "run a script" option and a VBA script, but this becomes a client-only rule that only runs when Outlook is running (since the script is stored locally when this is set up). I need this function to happen all of the time (i.e. I need the action to be taken on Exchange). How can I accomplish this? Thanks! "Jeff" <six.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1188330570.347744.15190@o80g2000hse.googl...

Formatting Subject Line in Red Font
I have seen e-mails that people send to me that have the to line and subject line in the e-mail in red font when I receive it. How is this done? I use both Outlook 2000. Hope I explained that well enough. Thanks Rod -- All Outgoing Mail Scanned for Viruses -- What mail client are they using? Right click on the message and select Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.group...

Outlook blank subject line
How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject line. Thanks, Paul A quick search of the Internet turned up this: http://vsivakumar.wordpress.com/2006/02/13/outlook-blank-subject-warning/ Hopefully it'll help "Paul" <default@net.com> wrote in message news:OvoRFTEhJHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject > line. Hi, If you don't want to code a solution, you could try either our Safeguard Send add-in (http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Safeguard-Send.asp...

Entourage crashes with a certain subject line or email address

How to Make Subject Line Empty in Email Template
When using an email template for a signature, we are forced to enter something into the subject line. The problem is that this automatically overwrites our existing subject line's contents. Any way around this? Thoughts? There's no way to avoid this. Until there is a fix for this, you can just place a single blank space in the subject line so at least you aren't sending people emails with "My Signature" as the subject if you forget to type your subject line after composing the email... -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent"...

Rules wizard / e-mail organization / subject line is blank
I would like to write a rule to permanently delete e-mail messages when the subject line is blank. I use Rules Wizard often & usually successfully, but I've not been able to make this rule. Using the "delete by subject" option, I have entered a blank space, a blank space in quotation marks, just the quotation marks, etc. Anyone know how to write this rule? b ...

No subject line outlook 2000
the subject line for emails had gone away.... for both incoming and outgoing emails. How do I get it back Try View | Header. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <frankey57@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:474101c47358$8cd5bab0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > the subject line for emails had gone away.... for both > incoming and outgoing emails. How do I get it back ...

please add: spell check Outlook 2007 subject line
please add: spell check Outlook 2007 subject line ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8dadaad3-5a72-4436-a5c4-0f86d41f224e&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general It is already t...

AutoCorrect does not work in Subject line
If Outlook (2003 sp2) is set to send in Plain Text, and Word is not the email editor, AutoCorrect works in the subject line. Any other configuration and it doesn't. eg with new mail being HTML etc. Also, if I make a Word doc, AutoCorrect works in it. If I then go to File, Send, to mail recipient, AutoCorrect does NOT work in the subject or Introduction lines. Any ideas? Thanks, Neal He Neal, I am experiencing the same difficulty. Did you ever resolve this issue? "Neal" wrote: > If Outlook (2003 sp2) is set to send in Plain Text, and Word is not the > emai...

Excel subject line
I forgot how to type the title/subject for Excel spreadsheets. File Properties? "MJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBC0DFF4-9276-46F9-A6C7-92018098870A@microsoft.com... : I forgot how to type the title/subject for Excel spreadsheets. ...

OWA issue when there is an elipse in the subject line
Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with an elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA 2003, he gets a 404 page not found. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. "Gustavo" <Gustavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF8D1C6-95AC-44AA-A24B-1ADA7201F0B7@microsoft.com... > Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with > an > elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA > 2003, > he gets a 404 p...