"Out of Office" Missing from toolbar in Outlook 2007

Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.

Are you using an Exchange account?
Also see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/374

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.

0
Roady
1/22/2010 1:50:58 PM
Just to clarify, you ARE connecting to Exchange server, correct?

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.

0
Kathleen
1/22/2010 1:51:11 PM
Maurice;117620 Wrote:
> Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.

Are you connected to an Exchange server?  If not, you won't have the
Out of Office Assistant.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian
1/22/2010 1:54:32 PM
This is a personal laptop not used for business.  Never realized it was not
available for a standalone machine.  I see I can address this with rules.  I
am at the place where I must select a 'template".  I assume the template can
be a word document but would like some advice/guidance on my options.

"Maurice" wrote:

> Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.
No, it cannot be a Word document, it has to be a message template
(oft-file).
You can create one by creating a new message and then choose Office Logo->
Save As... to save the message as an oft-file somewhere on your system.

--

> This is a personal laptop not used for business.  Never realized it was
> not
> available for a standalone machine.  I see I can address this with rules.
> am at the place where I must select a 'template".  I assume the template
> can
> be a word document but would like some advice/guidance on my options.
>
> "Maurice" wrote:
>
>> Just noticed this today.  Looking for guidance.

0
Roady

Out of Office Notification
Is is possible to set up an out of office notifier in Outlook Express? If so, where can I find it. Haven't yet. Thanks. No. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=...

Out of Office and Junk Filtering
Will an out of office message go out to senders who send me junk? If the junk filtering recognizes it as junk, I don't want to validate the address by sending them a message. I'd like to think it only goes out to messages that make it to the inbox, is this correct? Where might I find some documentation on this issue? Thank you, Andy Siegel City of Dover Dover, DE OOO is an exchange feature, where the junk filtering takes places on your machine. In other words, the filter only fires after OOO did its work already and the filter comes too late. Although my OOO is usually on, ...

Out of Office assistant failure.
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. I am running a win2003 SBE server running exchange 2003 setup to "pop" mail from a spool account at our ISP. No extra firewalls or any such has been implemented at this stage except for win server native firewall. When a user enables the out of office assistant, if the sender is in the same domain the sender gets a out of office notification. But when the sender is from a different domain the sender does not get any responses. I have checked and rechecked all the settings but can not seem to find the problem. Can anybody help please? I don...

Exchange Mail Forwarding And Out Of Office
Hi, I currently have a user who has set their out of office and I need to ammend their message. I know I can change the users password, log on to their account and change the out of office reply, but is there another way without having to do this? Also, I need to forward this users messages on to another member of AD. I have tried setting the user to forward on to in the Delivery options properties box and checked the "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox " but nothing comes through to the other AD users inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Than...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Out of Office Assistant -won't work externally
Client running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 server. The guy is a salesman for our company and had a baby yesterday. We logged on as him and started up the Out of Office Assistant, taking just the defaults, input text saying when he'd return and turned it on. It works fine internally but will not work externally. It may be a profile error because when I log on to his machine, it works for me. Couldn't find any hits on this in the MS Outlook KB. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks! This is working as designed. OoOA messages go to the internal Exchange organization unless it...

out of office reply #14
How do I get my outlook to automatically respond with an "out of the office" email? thanks. The Out of Office Assistant should be available on the Tools menu if you are connected to an Exchange server. If you're not on Exchange, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message threa...

Outlook 2003 Out of office forwarding to SMTP address
I will out of the office for sometime, i know i can use out of office to forward to another member of my team (internal email), I have tried to forward the email to my hotmail account, instead of a team member of mine. But this does not seem to work. Is Outlook 2003 capable of doing this? Please help asap It's not Outlook 2003 limiting you in this but the mail server settings. By (secure) default automatic forwarding to the Internet is disabled on an Exchange server. To enable; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-out...

out of office #5
I try to setup out of office rule. I go to Tool but I could not find out of office assistant option. How can I setup out of office . thanks. ...

Default 'Corporate' Out of Office message
Hi there. I've been asked to look at how to force users to have a standard Out-of-Office message. The idea is users would only have the option to switch OOA on of off, so all users have the same corporate message when they use OOA. As far as I know, the OOA message lives in a hidden messge file in each individual mailbox, so having a global message could be hard to achieve. We use Exchange2000 and Outlook2000 as the client. Appreciate any ideas or thoughts on this. As far as I know there is nothing that can be done via OWA or Outlook to prohibit the user from changing this message. ...

Can't find Out of Office Assistant
The Out of Office Assistant is not in the Tools menu. When I try to complete the Add-in for it, nothing happens. Any ideas on how I can access it? Thank you, LWeight The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server -- are you? If not, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to ...

Out of office rule on entourage
I have a 2008 Office for macs package running on a macbook. It contains entourage but I suspect not the 2008 version. I am trying to set up an out of office reply as a rule. I have followed all the instructions and enabled the rule but when I send test emails they are not receiving the reply. Any suggestions? I am desperate to set this up before I jump on a plane for vacation! On 4/9/10 7:57 PM, scotts@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a 2008 Office for macs package running on a macbook. It contains > entourage but I suspect not the 2008 version. In Applications is the name Micros...

Out of office assistance
Hello, Why my out of office assistance is not showing in ol2003? pls help Are you sure you don't use Outlook Express instead of Outlook? Despite the rather similar names they are different products. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "majutatu" <majutatu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:807B10C4-F473-4266-8332-769C4738CFBA@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Why my out of office assistance is not showing in ol2003? > > pls help > BTW, connect to an Outlook newsgroup where you will have more chance to get an adequate ...

i can't remove out of office message
I set up the Out of Office Assistant when I went away and now when I try to disable it I get the error message: The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension. I have no idea what to do now "Norm1957" <Norm1957@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CCA07CC-EEF7-44B7-8F4C-AE5DB40837F7@microsoft.com... > I set up the Out of Office Assistant when I went away and now when I try > to > disable it I get the error message: > > The command is not available. See the program documentation about...

Out of Office Assistant #3
All, We have an Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003 environment with Out of Office (OOOA) replies set to reply to external organisations. However, a caveat of this is that whenever a reply is sent out to a 'spammer' it confirms that the e-mail address is genuine. Without turning off OOOA globally on the Exchange server, is there anyway to differentiate OOOA replies by sending only to internal users? Regards, "Edwards, Martin" <martin.edwards@spammebaby.com> wrote in message news:Oh06Q1tgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > We have an Exchange 5.5 with Ou...

Out of Office does not load
We are having problems with a number of our computers with WinXP - Office 2003. We have Exchange 2003. Every time they try to open the Out of Office Assistant, they would get a message - "an unspecified error occured" and say that the system has "insufficient memory". I am thinking it could be caused by a setting in exchange that is not compatible with Outlook 2003 since we were able to turn on the Out of Office Assistant when we loaded their account on Outlook 2000. Any thoughts? Use the mdbvu32 utility from the Exchange Resource Kit to clear the OOF from the...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

out of office reply
Hi, In spite of removing the OOO, iam still getting the message. also renamed the profile,no luck. Can anyone suggest me further steps Can you toggle the setting via Outlook Web Access? Other than that, it would be helpful if you posted what version of Microsoft Outlook and Exchange as the problem might be server side rather than the client software. "Ajay Valeth" <valeth_ajay@cms.com> wrote in message news:%2396bKNYbKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In spite of removing the OOO, iam still getting the message. also renamed > the p...

Out of Office reply from a irrelevant contact
I know there is a reason but I'm not sure what it is: An end user will send an email or meeting request to a recipient and will get an Out of Office response from someone who wasn't designated as a recipient. So if I send you a meeting request I get a response from someone else. I assume it has something to do with delegation, maybe? Thanks. R. Harris <rob_b_harris@hotmail.com> wrote: > An end user will send an email or meeting request to a recipient and > will get an Out of Office response from someone who wasn't > designated as a recipient. So if I s...

Out of Office 08-21-07
I think Microsoft should create an "Auto-Away" message. I am constantly pulled away from my desk and I deal with alot of time sensative situations. When I turn on my out of office, please ignore that it says "I will be away till Noon" and call me to tell me my out of office is on. I think an "Auto-Away" message option is nice for anyone that can not check email for a period during the day but may not be out of the office. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Out of Office
Is it possible to set up out of office assistant to auto- reply only to in house email? The Exchange admin can set Exchange to do this...in fact, no automatic replies to the internet is the default in Exchange 5.5 and later. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Brian" <maxsmart_control@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:035a01c3472e$17559be0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set up out of office assistant to auto- > reply...

Out of office not working for external
Hi, When I setup the out of office, and use another account to test it internally, its work! But I still received a number of complaint from external sender to say that they never received any auto-reply from me. even they are using Exchange and outlook as they platform. Can anyone tell me what goes wrong and anything to set in Exchange server or outlook. Thanks! Liaw The default configuration of Exchange 5.5 and 2000 does not allow out of office notifications to leave the site. This needs to be turned on. If you can post back and tell us which version of Exchange, someone can tel...

Out of office assistant does not work from Outlook but ok from web email.
When I click on the Tools->Out of office assistant I get the following error. "The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension.". It works find if I use web mail. Any thoughts? Mike. ...

Out of Office Assistant #32
The "Out of Office Assistant" selection does not appear in the proper place (Tools>Options>) and is nowhere to be found. How do I add this feature or select from another location? I am using Outlook 2002. Outlook: Out of Office Assistant is Missing from Tools Menu The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Outlook 2000 Microsoft Outlook 97 Microsoft Outlook 98 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 You must be in an exchange server environment and not using Outlook for internet mail for Out of office to work. This article was previously published under Q238280 IMPOR...

Send Out of Office more than one time
Hi! Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? Im using Exchange 2003. Regards, Mikael Johem On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? >Im using Exchange 2003. > > >Regards, > >Mikael Johem What is the goal? Sending an OOF once is a good preventative measure against mail loops. On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...