"Cannot open the Outlook Window."

I got this message after running Outlook 7/Windows 7 for sometime without
incident.  I tried some to the suggested from the Web site.  The first about
deselecting the campatible switch did nothing.  The deletion of a registry
key allowed me to open Outlook, set up an email account, sent a test message,
then crashed again.  Any suggestions.  Thank you.

Which exact suggestion did you follow?

The issue of "Cannot open the Outlook Window" is usually resolved by
starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch;
Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(note the space in the command)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"cwmeier" <cwmeier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got this message after running Outlook 7/Windows 7 for sometime without
> incident.  I tried some to the suggested from the Web site.  The first
> about
> deselecting the campatible switch did nothing.  The deletion of a registry
> key allowed me to open Outlook, set up an email account, sent a test
> message,
> then crashed again.  Any suggestions.  Thank you.

0
Roady

"Cannot open the Outlook Window."
I got this message after running Outlook 7/Windows 7 for sometime without incident. I tried some to the suggested from the Web site. The first about deselecting the campatible switch did nothing. The deletion of a registry key allowed me to open Outlook, set up an email account, sent a test message, then crashed again. Any suggestions. Thank you. Which exact suggestion did you follow? The issue of "Cannot open the Outlook Window" is usually resolved by starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in th...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
There are two erros that I am continually receiving when attempting to configure a new user in Outlook 2007 1. I get the Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. A) this is resolved by the resetting the nav pane the second error is 2. Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe VBscript.dll to self register. An error occurred while creating a form. After running "Regsvr32.exe VBScript.dll" I am looped back to the first error. I have ran "msiexec /i <product guid>.msi ADDLOCAL=Outlook VBScript /qb" and ...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

PLEASE HELP --- ERROR
I have Office 2007 Professsional Plus loaded & Vista I am getting the following error when I try to open Outlook "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I have rebooted & Hard Booted I have turned back my computer using a restore point over 30 days ago I have removed virtually all of my software that I do not need I have created new pst files & moved old ones My former company loaded the Office 2007 onto my computer - I do not have Product Key or the CD's to delete & reload I bought the Office Outlook CD and loaded that I CAN...