Why won't contacts list out in address book

When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my contacts are
not listed out.  I performed the steps at the below link.   The address book
appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows the
correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why aren't
the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before?  Thanks..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

To give further info, I am running Outlook 2007 and the only message in
either the global address list or my specific contacts in the address book is
"Type your search keywords and click 'Go' to perform a search.  Again, this
WILL search successfully, but just want the contact emails listed out.
I would assume that the Contacts Folder you are displaying in the address
book view is not the one that contains your Contacts. Explain how you are
certain "it is the correct Contact file."
Remove it. Add the one that contains your Contacts.
--
Russ Valentine
"Scott D" <Scott D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my contacts
> are
> not listed out.  I performed the steps at the below link.   The address
> book
> appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows
> the
> correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why
> aren't
> the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before?  Thanks..
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

0
Russ
2/3/2010 10:30:54 AM
The contact list IS the one containing my contacts.  I know it is the correct
contact list since I renamed it in the contact folder properties, in the
address book tab.  This is the name listed when opening the address book /
To: line.  The contact list just won't expand out and just askes to enter key
words to perform a search.  The list can be searched, just want it expanded
out.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> I would assume that the Contacts Folder you are displaying in the address
> book view is not the one that contains your Contacts. Explain how you are
> certain "it is the correct Contact file."
> Remove it. Add the one that contains your Contacts.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Scott D" <Scott D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my contacts
> > are
> > not listed out.  I performed the steps at the below link.   The address
> > book
> > appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows
> > the
> > correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why
> > aren't
> > the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before?  Thanks..
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>
> .

If you're sure, then remove it, restart Outlook, and add it back.
Any idea how you managed to corrupt your view?
--
> The contact list IS the one containing my contacts.  I know it is the
> correct
> contact list since I renamed it in the contact folder properties, in the
> address book tab.  This is the name listed when opening the address book /
> To: line.  The contact list just won't expand out and just askes to enter
> key
> words to perform a search.  The list can be searched, just want it
> expanded
> out.
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> I would assume that the Contacts Folder you are displaying in the address
>> book view is not the one that contains your Contacts. Explain how you are
>> certain "it is the correct Contact file."
>> Remove it. Add the one that contains your Contacts.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Scott D" <Scott D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my
>> > contacts
>> > are
>> > not listed out.  I performed the steps at the below link.   The address
>> > book
>> > appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows
>> > the
>> > correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why
>> > aren't
>> > the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before?
>> > Thanks..
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>>
>> .

0
Russ

How block a highlighted list of Senders not one-at-time ?
New Windows 7 (prof level but for single-user home use) with Office 2007, trying to add hundreds of Junk emails to list of Blocked senders but think that is failing beause still geting many of the same senders coming through. Tried deleting them, both in highlighted lists and one-at-a-time, but Adding to Blocked Senders list can only be dome one-at-a-time; and still seems to be not working. Somebody know what I'm not doing, or doing wrong, please ? Blocked Senders is only marginally useful because the spammers just change their apparent addresses on a near-hourly basi...

Getting querie to list everyone who has a specific key
I have a database set up listing first and lastname and then keys that people have check out. Each key is in a different column but listed in the order they were checked out . This means Joe may have checked out key 58 in column 1 and Sally may have checked out key 58 in row 8. If I want a list of everyone who has key 58 how do I run the querie? I can get it to run with just the column of names and picking only one key column to check but I would like to be able to search all key columns. When I list all columns it seems to think I only want the info for people have checked out key 58 i...

"List Price" column not found in Smartlist
Dear All, Could you please advise me on how do I have a listing with Item Numbers, Item Description, Currency ID and also together with "List Price" column. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5690/20100107104873.png I cannot find the column name in the SmartList >> Inventory >... Many thanks in advance. The list price is located in the Item Currency Master (IV00105). You need to use SmartList Builder or Excel ReportBuilder to include this table. Kind regards, Leslie "WKZ0" wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you please advise me o...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Help with SQL statement- Supplier List cost into cost field in Ite
Hi, I've a customer who has a number of items in their HQ database at zero cost. However, for these items there is a cost price detailed on the Supplier tab. Items carried only have one supplier. They'd like to get this cost copied into the cost price field on the General tab and because we're talking about a few thousand items, this isn't something they want to do by hand! I'm familiar to a point with SQL but because we're talking two seperate tables, I really wouldn't be sure where to start with the syntax. Could someone please point me in the right directi...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

Contacts in OWA
I have a public folder with all of our corporate contacts. When I open this contacts folder in OWA each contact is dsiplayed as a message. The creator is in the from field,the subject is the contact name, and the description is the actual message. It is obvious something is not setup correctly. They work in Outlook but how do I get my contacts to diplay correct in OWA? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186707 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192775 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193134 http://support.microsoft.c...

List of files
All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? John, > All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so > they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? You can use FindFirstFile/ FindNextFile/FindClose API functions for enumerating files. If you want to remove directory with its content take a look at SHFileOperation in MSDN. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "John" <john.f.brownell@wdc.com> wrote in message news:022b01c3788a$bb119ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > All I want to do is get a list of files in...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Exporting just an address book?
I am wondering if there is a way to export just a address book and not the whole .pst folder. Any hints would be appreciated... I am running on a Domain so I dont have a Exchange Server on site. Thanks, ...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...

Business Contact Manager #33
Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for help? agreed! it has never worked well for me either! I need to uninstall and reinstall about 1/mo. Thought I would find some answers here, but no luck. I am going to check for updates >-----Original Message----- >Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with >Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then >for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for >help? >. > i...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Good MFC Book
I have taken a few courses on C/C++ but they never taught me how to make programs with real GUI. We always used the command prompt. So I've decided that I'd like to learn to use MFC. I have noticed that there are several MFC tutorials and articles online, but I'm really looking for some suggestions on a good book. Nothing aginst the online versions, but they can be rough on they eyes after a while. Can anyone give me a few good book suggesions? I have an excellent understanding of C/C++ control structures, classes, etc. so I am looking for a book that goes right into the g...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...