Utility to convert signatures to contacts

I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures,
dragging info line by line into the Outlook form.  Is there a utility that
smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process?  BTW I
am usin XP with Outlook 2003.

Thanks

Sure, there are several.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp for Address Grabber and
others.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rjsphd" <rjsphd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures,
> dragging info line by line into the Outlook form.  Is there a utility that
> smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process?  BTW
> am usin XP with Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks

0
Diane

Contact Address information
Can anyone tell me where the contact address information is stored in CRM 3.0? All address info is stored in the customeraddresbase Regards, Kevin Dosseray "brellim" wrote: > Can anyone tell me where the contact address information is stored in CRM 3.0? All address info is stored in the customeraddressbase. Regards, Kevin Dosseray "brellim" wrote: > Can anyone tell me where the contact address information is stored in CRM 3.0? ...

Outlook 2007 Contacts and setting up
I have been using 2003 for a while. Switched over to 2007 would like to use 2007 outlook for my Reminder cards like i did in 2003. I can not seem to figure it out. I would like to group people by dates Like October 2008 and have the people that i need to see in October 2008 under that with there names and addres. If there are any examples of how to do this out there it would be great to get that information. I kind of stuck . I can input the names and address find in 2007 outlook under contacts fine. Thanks Maureen How did you do it in Outlook 2003? What happens when you try doing that ...

Cannot Import Outlook Contacts through CRM 3.0 Web Client
All, I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM 3.0. When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component unavailable? My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements Kind Regards, Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging) mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/ Hi Pete; Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'. Click Settings-->Business Uni...

Shared Contacts Info
Hi there, We just recently stopped using Exchange 5.5 Server, thus resulting in removing Exchange accounts on all our client machines. We were experiencing a problem with Exchange confusing external emails with internal email addresses (Exchange resolving incorrectly). That is not the point of my post. We will be replacing the Exchange server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. We've already decided on that move, however in the mean time temporarily I was looking for a short term solution to allow shared contact information or some sort of shared database. Our client machines...

only first page converting to html
In Publisher, I have 3 pages, however, when I print to htm the file only contains the first page. How can I print all 3 pages to one html? Sigma wrote: > In Publisher, I have 3 pages, however, when I print to htm the file only > contains the first page. How can I print all 3 pages to one html? a) You don't print to HTML, Publisher converts. b) Each page in your publication represents one web page and hence one HTML file. If you save your file as Publication1.htm, the other pages will either be in a supporting folder named Publication1_files or named Publication1_1234.htm. Al...

Contacts in Folder List
On my previous installation of Outlook 2003 I used to have mail folders, contact folders and the calendar all listed arranged on the left side under my mailbox (see below). Since re-installing Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7 machine my contacts and my calendar are shown as buttons at the bottom of the folder list. So far I have been unable to get them back into the folder list. Is it possible, and if so, how? FNL Mail Folder Calendar Contacts Deleted Items Drafts Inbox etc. Why don't you just click the Folder View button at the bottom of the Navigation Pan...

System hangs when I add a phone number to a new contact
I'm using outlook xp on windows xp. Sometimes (not always) when I type a phone number in a phone field in a contact and click to another field, my mouse changes to an hourglass and no programs will launch anymore and requires a system reset. I think the logic that normally occurs when you click off a phone field is the formatting of that number. Does anyone have an idea of how to either fix this or to simply turn off automatic formatting for these phone number fields? Its a pain to have to add contacts though the web version just to avoid this bug. Thanks. ...

converting numeric date into aphabets
is this possible or any forumal, that can convert date into alphabets. like if i have in a1 is 30.06.2006 or 30/06/2006, so in b1 i can get thirty mayor(or sixth), two sound six. cant found any where, any reference. help. thanx.. -- doom4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ doom4's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35926 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=557211 Hi You could create 2 named ranges using Insert>Name>Define> One would be called Days and would look li...

Converting to PDF Newer Version Message
I just started using Publisher to create our Newsletter and convert it to a PDF for my users. They are complaining that it pops up the message "This document was created with a newer version of Adobe Acorbat". They can continue to view the document with the version they have, but we don't want them to receive this message since it's causing confusion and we don't have a newer version to offer them. Is there a way to prevent this message? Thanks! Lauren, When I create PDFs with Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro, I am offered a choice for the level created. Secondly, the free...

include hyperlink in signature
How do I include a hyperlink in my signature with Outlook 2007? Type your text, select it and then press the right most icon in the Signature editor which is labeled "Insert Hyperlink". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mothomas" <Mothomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DECECF0-DFEA-44F6-B2A4-18731C6176D7@microsoft.com... > How...

Converting an Access dB
I have an Access database which is a basic thesaurous. The only problem is that the organisation it has been developed for don't have a copy of Access on Lotus Approach. Can we convert a database in its entirety to Lotus Approach? If not are their any viewers available so we can use the database, but not change it or update it? Hi Danny, If you export the data to .dbf files Approach will be able to read it without problems, but there's no way to convert the rest of the application: you'll have to reconstruct all the functionality in Approach. There's no Access viewer a...

Outlook opens Word to edit signatures
I want to use HTML-Kit to edit signatures. However when I click on Advanced Edit when editing the html of signatures, it automatically opens Word to edit the html. How can I fix it to where it will open HTML-Kit to edit email signatures? Thanks Robini I don't think you can do that but you can open them from outside of Outlook by finding the file in this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures "Robin" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message news:DqydnRKiTqnCBx3eRVn-sg@comcast.com... >I want to use HTML-Kit to edit s...

USB-to-serial converter problem
I have a program that receives up to 200K of serial data. To do this I enabled "automatic" hardware handshaking by setting DCB.fRtsControl = RTS_CONTROL_HANDSHAKE and DCB.fOutcCtsFlow = TRUE. When DCB.fRtsControl is set, the serial port driver automatically raises the RTS signal to show that my program is ready to receive data. This works correctly with a normal serial port. However, when I try to use my new USB-to-serial converter (IOGEAR GUC232A) the RTS signal is _not_ raised by the USB driver and consequently the external device thinks that my program is not ready to receive ...

Deleting from Outlook Contacts folder does not delete CRM Contacts
My user saw the contacts in his Outlook Contacts folder with the CRM icon. He also saw that the same contacts were in the CRM Contacts folder. Instead of having them in 2 places, he went in and deleted them from his Outlook contacts folder, and they stayed in his CRM Contacts folder. This surprised me. I thought that if you deleted a contact (synched with CRM) from the Outlook contacts folder then it would also be deleted in CRM Contacts. I'm glad that it didn't, because this is a cleaner approach. Does anyone know for certain how this is supposed to work? Do we have somet...

Contact Record Sort
I have a database with over 200 records and the primary key is an auto number for each contact. When the information was exported to the database, it was exported with last name sort and each individual has a unique auto number. When I add new contacts to the database, it generates a new auto number which is fine, but the new contact with last name starting with "A" is the last record, can the database sort itself with last name before closing? Deeds37 New records are always added at the end of the list. Whereever you need to use the names, use a query based on the ...

how do i convert picture to jpeg or other?
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:31:02 -0800, DAISEY <DAISEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A couple of suggestions: 1. Use the great big textbox to ask a comprehensible question, not just the subject line. 2. Post your question in an appropriate forum. This forum happens to be first in alphabetical order, but it's for the database software Microsoft Access, not for all general computer questions. 3. Use http://www.google.com to search for "image converter". There are lots of programs to do this; I particularly like IfranView (freeware). -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Contacts
Hi, Using screen resolution of 1400x1050 makes bit difficult for some users to view Outlook / Contacts and I can't find a way to increase it. Is there a way to change it or increase Contacts type face with out using the OS display properties? Thanks! ...

Exchange 2003 public contact folder
I have Exchange 2003 running on my network and the users have expressed interest in having one main contact list they can all access and add contacts to. Is there a step by step out there that will show how to do this. If so, please advise. I believe this can be done through public folders. Note, will this public contact list still have the functionality of other contact folders? ie: they will be able to send an email by clicking on the contact. ...

"Contacts Failed To Load" Error messages in Live Mail
Hello, I've recently been trying to download and install Windows Live Mail. That part was easy, however, upon opening the program, I receive error messages. The first one says, "Sorry, something unexpected happened and Windows Live Mail must close, your most recent changes may not be saved." Then another error box is displayed stating, "Contacts failed to load. Windows Live Mail is incorrectly configured, please re-install." I've uninstalled and reinstalled this program several times, but still not sure why I am receiving these errors. I did ed...

Extract O'2003 contacts w/o O'2003
I used Outlook 2003 at work, and put my personal contacts on it. I have since been fired from there. I have my .pst file, but my Outlook 2000 won't read it (not surprising). How can I extract my contacts from the Outlook 2003 .pst file if I don't have Outlook 2003 installed on my system? Extracting them to a csv would be fine. Thanks. Michael mflanagan@RemoveThis.MJFlanagan.com <mflanagan@RemoveThis.MJFlanagan.com> wrote: > How can I extract my contacts > from the Outlook 2003 .pst file if I don't have Outlook 2003 installed > on my system? There's no way t...

Outlook express contact list to MS office outlook 2003
I can import my messages etc to office outlook but not my contacts from outlook express...I had xp and went to windows 7 so no email..I set up office outlook which I hate but its all I have. My Cox.net email website sucks! How do I import the contact list to outlook office? Thanks Marty How to import addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=286116 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075132BE-3EB1-45E5-BA...

How to send direct email to multiple contacts and CC a colleague
Hi there, I'm trying to send an email to multiple contacts using the CRM email template and Direct Email features. I can't figure a way to CC a colleague in the send? I can do it if I send the email to an individual contract, but not in bulk. Is this possible? Many thanks, Sinead. -- Sinead O'Shaughnessy ...

Converting QIF data
I notice there is an Excel macro that converts flat data into the QIF format, suitable for importing into Money. The macro is at http://www.respmech.com/mym2qifw/UtilityIndex.htm , and is called wm1248.exe Is there any tool/utility that will read a Money QIF file (money 95 version), and convert the QIF data to a 'flat' file. There's MoneyLink that will read all transactions for a specific account or all accounts directly into Excel. There are a hoard of Excel and QIF tools. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9 for links to some of them. "Peter" <someone@my-dej...

Display map from contact on Outloo 2003?
Hello Apparently the fuction "Display Map from Address" in my Outlook 2003 is broken. Nothing happens. I tried the suggestion on http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm to make it work, but as it says at the end of the description, Outlook 2003 crashes when using Display Map with a link in the key MapScriptURL. Is there any way to make this funktion work? thanks for a pointer Dan so far we don't have a way to make other urls work with 2003. Does the default map fail too? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coaut...

Email and Contact
2 small questions i've got a folder full of emails with different senders i want to track on a CRM Account how should i do that? what i also would like is that when i recieve an (new)email from a contact known in CRM that ik automatically will be tracked in CRM ? thanks for your information Hello Capman, You do not need to install the Exchange Server router component to send email via SMTP. However without the router component we will be unable to track incoming email messages automatically. When you install the router componet we must also setup a dedicated Exchange mail bo...