Tie Contact address to Send From address?

Hi,

Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook)
Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address?

In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email
address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second
client, but I like to keep all email in one client.

If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to
Outlook.

Thanks,
Andrew

"narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook)
> Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address?
>
> In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one
> email
> address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second
> client, but I like to keep all email in one client.
>
> If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to
> Outlook.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

I don't think that's possible in either application.

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 10:05:17 AM
"narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook)
> Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address?

No, you cannot tie a specific contact to a specific sending account in either
application.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/19/2009 2:25:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
Much appreciated.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook)
> > Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address?
>
> No, you cannot tie a specific contact to a specific sending account in either
> application.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

Exchange mulching the from address
I have an Exchange 2003 org with only one routing group and currently 200 users. (Still migrating). I have had intermittent issues where a user gets a NDR when they reply to an email sent from a user in the same RG/ORG. When I look at the email that the user is replying too, the from address is "domain.com.firstname.lastname". I don't understand this because I have a custom recipient set for the SMTP address to be "firstname.lastname@domain.com" I am confused because in most cases the from address is just the users "fistname lastname" whcih is how...

Sending sheets in workbook
Hi, could somebody tell me if there is a way to send different sheets o a workbook to different departments with different emails. I have m information compiled in one workbook (the way I like it) and want t send my worksheets as an attachment to the different departmen directors -- billy2will ----------------------------------------------------------------------- billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2164 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39078 For the sheet you wish to send, select Edit, Move or Copy S...

Send/receive complete every minute
I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. When it is opened, I am seeing "send/receive complete" pop up on the status bar every 60 seconds or so. It disappears after a few seconds. Clicking on it has no effect (no dialog box pops up). It seems to be independent of the regular send/receive mail cycle. Deactivating auto send/receive has no effect. I tried turning off auto send/receive (both on accounts individually and as a group), changing the interval, etc. I have already used Detect and Repair. All useless. I have 4 POP accounts plus hotmail. Does anyone know why th...

Sending delivery reports
My main e-mail address is xxxxxx@btopenworld.com which I use when mailing from home. I have another account with NTL. When I receive a mail on my BT account which asks for a receipt it and I'm using my NTL account I am unable to send that receipt. If anyone knows haow to resolve this problem I would be very grateful. Thanks, David ...

Outllok XP send mail very slowly
Dear I have using outlook xp sp3 with Internet services account. When I send message click send/received buttom, the details show completed first, after decrease to 50%, 30% .25%, after show 0x800CCC0B error message. I have try increase the server time-out to max, but not change, is any possible solution solve out this error. Also I have try remove norton antivirus and no windows firewall install on this PC. Thanks Jackie Wong 111@it.com <111@it.com> wrote: > Also I have try remove norton antivirus Did you try to remove it or did you actually remove it? With some versions of...

office XP: problems with sending/receiving
I recently installed Office XP. I previously had Office 2003 installed and before that, Office 2000. Instead of upgrading to Office XP, I uninstalled Office 2003 and then installed Office XP. Anyway, it seems to have retained some of the settings of my previous installation. That's the background. Now on to my problems. They are two-fold. First, when I hit click send/receive in Outlook, I get an error message that says "the operation failed". I sent some test e-mails and my friends reported receiving them and replying, but I never got the replies. I haven't rec...

Not being able to send emails on Outlook 2003
All of a sudden, when I write an e-mail and then click on "SEND", the email's "To", "Subject" etc. line sits on the Outbox not in italics, waiting to be sent out (my Outlook 2003 is programmed to do an automatic "Send/Receive" every 5 minutes,) but in regular type, and it never gets sent. Even if I click on "Send/Receive" at the top of the menu, it doesn't get out. I've tried moving the emails to the "Draft" folder and then back to the "Outbox", to no avail. The only thing I can do is close the softwa...

Problems with Save as HTML, have to send as message !
Why do I have to use "send to message" option to get any kind of decent HTML output ? Why won't publisher 2003 even with SP1 output any decent HTML when using the Save as Html option (it is interspersed with some kind of garbage or style/xml lanugage that is surplus to what I need). Can you turn this feature off ? This is annoying, especially when you still have to go ahead and update problems later with relative document paths because of the email etc. We are using GoldMine so it needs very specific and basic HTML, not the sort of HTML that is created by the Save as. Sorry fo...

Contact issues
1. A user goes to add someone from Contacts with the letter "M" and Outlook closes up on him. Every time. 2. User (same user)adds new personnel and wants them to appear as Last Name, First Name. He has them Filed As: Last Name, First Name, but it appears in Contacts as First Name, Last Name. I have the Running MS Outlook 2000 book with me and I have everything set up the way the book says, but it doesn't work. I have checked my Outlook and others and they are all the same. Anybody have any other suggestions. Thank you. Karen Leigh ...

Restrict the user from sending the mail to max 20 user
Hi Pls help me I want to restrict the user from sending the single mail to only 20 user maximum Please advice how to do that Hi, Use the Exchange General Tab in the account, select 'Delivery Options...' and configure the 'Maximum recipients' in the Recipient Limits area. "Kartik" <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:61272351-B687-43E2-ADAE-5963AA7A8460@microsoft.com... > Hi Pls help me > I want to restrict the user from sending the single mail to only 20 user > maximum Please advice how to do that "Mon Nom"...

Unable to access Contacts
I have a client with Contacts issues. The computer is an IBM notebook with Windows 2000 Prof. It has Outlook 2003. The notebook is on a remote LAN an a member of a workgroup with a different name than our domain. He connects to our Exchange 2003 server via dialup. Outlook is set to "Work Offline" since the Exchange server isn't on his LAN. I have his profile set to sync all his regular folders, contacts, calendar, etc. He also downloads the offline address book. Here is the problem. When he tries to select a contact from the address book he gets an error saying the contact is un...

Outlook hangs and won't send/receive
I'm running Windows XP Pro and using Outlook 2000. Recently Outlook will not send or receive and when I try to quit it hangs. I've added all the patches and updates and Norton tells me I have no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Can't download to Address B ook
I downloaded newly purchased Office Pro Edition 2003. Outlook downloaded all files from old Outlook Express account. I believe my addresses from Outlook Express were downloaded into my In Box folder. How do I export the address to my Address Book. An error message indicates I do not have permission to open my Address book. thanks, Tom Could you tell us a little more clearly what you mean? I assume you mean you installed Office 2003 when you said you downloaded it. Were you given the option to import information from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003? If so, how did respond? What do you ...

send mail recipient gray (inactive)
Hi I am working with excel 2007 and I added "send mail recipienton" on Quick access toolbar. and now it is gray(inactive) and I can't select it. I am using Outlook 2003. I tried this kb but it didn't work for me. My registry keys same. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792 What can I do for this problem Thanks... Is there asnwer for this problem? "stern" <yvz.ylmz5@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eaEynM8gIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am working with excel 2007 and I added "send mail recipienton" on Quick > ac...

Contact List from OWA
Hello, Using Exchange Server 5.5, all service packs, NT 2000 Server. The client computer is a laptop running XP Pro.... When I log on through OWA, the Address book is different depending on where I physically am logging on from. Logging on from the office LAN gives me one address book and logging on remotely over the 'net gives me another address book. Where do I go to configure the address book? If there a setting in 5.5 of do I do it some how from the client laptop? Thanks, Bill Cincinnati, OH USA Try posting this in an Exchange news group as they will have more information and i...

Address book not able to open Outlook 2002
I just set up a new computer. I copied my old Outlook Data file from the old computer and then drag and dropped in onto the new data folder. Outlook initially had an error, but after closing and opening, all is working fine except... Contacts are there, but when I click on the To:... button to address an email, it gives me an error that this address book cannot be opened. What have I done? How can I fix it? Pls provide the exact error message. Thx, Sandor Teglasy jun. "TerryTutor" <TerryTutor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391DA312-028D-41AC-9930-...

Cannot send or get email
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.rcn.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC19 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes I have re-installed account - not sure if I have the right settings but cannot send e-mail and this is the message I am getting. Pleeas help windows live on Windows 7 I have based the following guidance on the information at https://www.rcn.com/new-york/images/pdfs/3356-dialupinstructions.pdf . The information was written for Outlook Express with a dial-up connection. However, th...

CRM 3.0 Not Sending Email
Once users compose an email and click send, the window disappears without error but the emails never show up at recipients. This function was working until recently, when we moved our datacenter. I'm trying to get the datacenter admins to verify whether or not any IP addresses changed (would this make a difference?), but no server names changed during the move. Any ideas? Hi Lefty, the server names may not have changed, but if you've changed environments my guess is that the SMTP server that CRM was looking at is no longer present. When CRM was set up, was it using a local or remo...

Selective send receive...
Hi: apart from the regular, individual e-mails sent to me, I also receive bulk e-mail from the various newsgroups that I have subscribed to. These groups are heavy traffic groups with hundreds of e-mails sent a day... While I'm perfectly happy receiving these e-mails while at work, I do not want to download these while I'm connecting from home - for bandwidth consideration. Is there a way I can do a selective send-receive in Outlook such that I can receive e-mails from selective senders only on-demand? The Rules wizard doesn't seem to have an option for me to say "ke...

No From address in email message
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Often when I create a new email in Outlook there is no From address i it. As my Outlook connects to Exchange I do not have a mail account (unde Tools/Options) to edit. It just links directly to my profile o Exchange (which I could access if necessary I guess). Oddly this problem is sporadic, it does not happen all the time. How can I ensure I have a From address automatically? Thanks for any help MCsquare -- MCsquare ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MCsquared's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/me...

New contact into existoin dist list
Why can't I file a new contact into an existing distribution list? There is a nice prompt at the bottom for "Category" - why not "Distribution List"? Help please. I am currently dumping the new contact into a category. Fine, now 2 weeks later when I want to send eveyone in that category an e-mail the choices seem to be: 1. Go to category view in contacts and select all and drag to a new message. 2. Open a seperate contacts folder that I named the same as the category so I can keep them seperate, then create the new contact in that folder, then create a new dis...

Mailbox addressing
I have a mailbox on a server with folders. Lets say the mailbox is Mailbox@Myserver.com. There is a folder called MYDOCS in it. Is there a way to address mail to go directly into the MYDOCS folder? Thanks a bunch. ...

Any way to globally set comma as address seperator?
Is there a way to add comma as an address to seperator? Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2000, XP, and 2003. Thanks. I'm downloading it now. >-----Original Message----- >David, my bad, I missed you specified 'globally'. You can do that with the >Profile Wizard/OPS system in the Office Resource Kit. > >http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/e/d/0eda9ae6- f5c9-44be-98c7-ccc3016a296a/ork.exe > >I think there is a regkey you can hack with, if you prefer. > >(Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences) AllowCommasInRecip = 0x0 > > > ...

Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager
I have an Office 2003 Professional cd. Is it possible that I have a version of Office 2003 Pro that doesn't contain Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager? Or am I way off and BCM is an Outlook 2003 add-in? In any event, I would like to use the Business Contact Manager feature. How can I get a copy of the BCM installer? I really do not want to purchase another copy of the Office 2003 pro suite just for this feature. You need to install this from the cd using Add/remove programs. I think it's under Office Tools, but look at everything on the cd to find it and other stuff...

Importing contacts in a vcf file
I am trying to import contacts from my brothers Palm. He used his Palm software to export them to a vcf file. When I try to import the vcf file using Outlook File-->Import and Export, it only imports the first contact. Does the vcf file format support the storage of more than one vcard? Is there a better way to import these contacts? Thanks, Mike ...