Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email

   I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new
computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003.
   The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new
computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express.
 I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003.
Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of
my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list.
   When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not shown
on the drop down box on the new email address line.  She is listed in the
"Contacts".     Other 'old' contacts do show up on the drop down list,not
all, but many.
   I have made sure that the "Contacts" folder "shows this folder as an
email address book", per researching this issue on the forum.
   Is my Address book corrupted?  How do I fix it?  Would I have to re-enter
every email address and name all over again?
   Your advice is very much appreciated!

Expected behavior. Outlook’s autocompletion feature has nothing to do with
your Contacts. It uses a cache of previous recipients.
--
Russ Valentine
"Fairhope_al" <Fairhope_al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>   I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new
> computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003.
>   The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new
> computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook
> Express.
> I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003.
> Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list
> of
> my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution
> list.
>   When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not shown
> on the drop down box on the new email address line.  She is listed in the
> "Contacts".     Other 'old' contacts do show up on the drop down list,not
> all, but many.
>   I have made sure that the "Contacts" folder "shows this folder as an
> email address book", per researching this issue on the forum.
>   Is my Address book corrupted?  How do I fix it?  Would I have to
> re-enter
> every email address and name all over again?
>   Your advice is very much appreciated!

0
Russ
12/29/2009 9:06:48 PM
So what do I do?  I have followed the instructions given in other posts but
it has not worked...?

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> Expected behavior. Outlook’s autocompletion feature has nothing to do with
> your Contacts. It uses a cache of previous recipients.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Fairhope_al" <Fairhope_al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >   I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new
> > computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003.
> >   The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new
> > computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook
> > Express.
> > I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003.
> > Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list
> > of
> > my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution
> > list.
> >   When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not shown
> > on the drop down box on the new email address line.  She is listed in the
> > "Contacts".     Other 'old' contacts do show up on the drop down list,not
> > all, but many.
> >   I have made sure that the "Contacts" folder "shows this folder as an
> > email address book", per researching this issue on the forum.
> >   Is my Address book corrupted?  How do I fix it?  Would I have to
> > re-enter
> > every email address and name all over again?
> >   Your advice is very much appreciated!
> >

> .

What do you do about what? Normal behavior? Working as expected?
Send messages. Populate your cache.
--
> So what do I do?  I have followed the instructions given in other posts
> but
> it has not worked...?
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> Expected behavior. Outlook’s autocompletion feature has nothing to do
>> with
>> your Contacts. It uses a cache of previous recipients.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Fairhope_al" <Fairhope_al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >   I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new
>> > computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003.
>> >   The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the
>> > new
>> > computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook
>> > Express.
>> > I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook
>> > 2003.
>> > Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group
>> > list
>> > of
>> > my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution
>> > list.
>> >   When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not
>> > shown
>> > on the drop down box on the new email address line.  She is listed in
>> > the
>> > "Contacts".     Other 'old' contacts do show up on the drop down
>> > list,not
>> > all, but many.
>> >   I have made sure that the "Contacts" folder "shows this folder as an
>> > email address book", per researching this issue on the forum.
>> >   Is my Address book corrupted?  How do I fix it?  Would I have to
>> > re-enter
>> > every email address and name all over again?
>> >   Your advice is very much appreciated!
>> >

>> .

0
Russ

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

Excel Drop Down Box
I'm trying to edit an excel worksheet that has drop down boxes. However, the drop down boxes are not typical forms. These drop dow boxes appear to be normal cells (They contain text). When I click o the box, a little gray box shows up w/ a down arrow to the right of th cell. However, if you right click on the cell, there aren't an property options that are displayed. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what kind of drop down box thi is. How can I edit or create one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds like it's under Data|Validation. chris313 wr...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Limits on Exporting Outlook Contact Data
Anyone know how to get custom fields, follow-up flags, and/or the "contacts" (links between contacts) from MS Outlook 2003 to Excel, CSV, Goldmine, or Act? The standard export utility in Outlook does not offer export of these fields. Most important is the links between contacts. You'd have to write your own code to do this. A key issue would be what information from the linked contact(s) you want to include. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

produce list automatically from choice of drop down list
I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100 From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected. Column A Column B Column C Choice (drop down box) Automatically adds look up selections from column A formula using column B 1 to 100 ...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

exporting to address book
I want to export address's from excell into address book for the mac. DIF is not available and have tried other formats to no avail. Anyone know how to do this. I have 1000 names, address's, phone numbers and email address's and wish to email to this group. Thanks Scotty Scotty I would look at either csv or txt output (File>Save as...), there are very few address books in the PC world certainly that don't offer these import formats -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Scotty&...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

JOBS, Momentum Technologies.... Contact ASAP
TEAM LEAD Role & Responsibilities: The resource will be responsible for complete execution of projects including team management. He /She will need to interact with the clients and/or the team abroad during all phases of delivery. The candidates will be required to have an understanding of the complete scope of work assigned, its usage, technical architecture and functionality. They provide the technical leadership to their teams and are responsible for all client deliverables as per the project processes and guidelines. In addition, the position requires the incumbents to be able to...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

the same outbound SMTP address for multible users
Hi group Her is a tricky one Is it possible to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails seems to be comming from the same sender SMTP address e.x. info@domain.com when the sends email outside the organisation (not internal) it must be done on the server level and not in Outlook using "From" field Thanks in advance B.Hansen MCP Denmark On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:25:12 +0100, "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi group > >Her is a tricky one >Is it possible to configure >Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails see...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed.
Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed. I am using XP, with Outlook 2003. For some reason, all my 800 contacts are having a problem. When I open the contact screen the "Full Name... " field is displaying names backwards. "Mr. John Smith" displays as "Mr. Smith John" I have checked my "Contacts Options" selection for default Full Name order and it correctly displays "First (Middle) Last"... I have noticed that if I delete the name and re-enter it, it displays correctly, however I cannot spend the time to d...