set up automatic email response to notify when out of office

When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by
email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and
when I'll be back.

"Automatic email response out of office" <Automatic email response out of
office@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by
> email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and
> when I'll be back.

If you use an Exchange account, then click Tools>Out of Office Assistant and
create your message.  If you don't use Exchange, you'll need a rule and you'll
need to leave Outlook running the entire time you're gone.  See this:
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm

If you're not using Exchnage, I think you're better off if you can log into
your mailbox via a web browser and see if your mail provider has a
vacation/away reply option.  Then the server will take care of it and you
don't have to leave Outlook running.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/28/2010 1:32:11 PM
Please advise what type of account you have. If you connect to an Exchange
server (business, school, etc.) then you will find an out of office option
under the Tools menu selection.

If you don't, you can create an automatic reply using rules in Outlook but
the drawback is that you have to leave Outlook on and running for it to
work.

Alternatively, you can go to your ISP's website and see if they have an
option in their webmail to set such a notice.

--

Kathleen Orland

"Automatic email response out of office" <Automatic email response out of
office@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by
> email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and
> when I'll be back.

0
Orland

Save attachment if email is from joe
I need to save an attachment to a specific network drive/folder if an email comes from a specific person. I know som excel vba but nothing in access, can u guys help me out? Thanks!~ You can create a rule in Outlook to run a script that might look like this: Public Sub SaveAtt(Mail as Outlook.MailItem) Dim Att as Outlook.Attachment If Mail.Attachments.Count Then Set Att=Mail.Attachments(1) Att.SaveAsFile "c:\" & Att.Filename Endif End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM ...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Font rendering in emailed newsletter
I have prepared a newsletter using Publisher's templates and it looks great in html (e.g. in Explorer), but when I email it as message body (or view it in the email preview) fonts are not rendered in the same way and the quality is much worse (the font is the same, but it looks as if it has a lower resolution, it does not have the same smooht look). Do you know what may be the cause and how I can address the problem? (Note that I do not want to send the newsletter as an attachment - it has to be the email body), Here is some additional information: - I am using Publisher 2003 and ...

Office Pro 2007 Trial
I downloaded and installed the 2007 Professional 60 day trial, but Outlook is not included. What gives??? Do you have a prior version of Outlook already installed? If so, you must uninstall it prior to install the trial, which will then give you the opportunity to install Outlook 2007. "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C3EB9D2-74A9-432B-8F6E-EE813095B332@microsoft.com... |I downloaded and installed the 2007 Professional 60 day trial, but Outlook is | not included. What gives??? On 22 Jun, 19:09, "Tom Willett" <tompep.....

Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook
Can someone please help??? I'm having problems opening microsoft office outlook... I need it to backup the contacts from my PDA mobile phone. I've not used outlook on my laptop before. I use outlook express to send and recieve emails normally. when I called my mobile phone company, they told me that I need to have microsoft office outlook to backup my contacts. my problem is this, when I try and open microsoft outlook, this is the message that comes up. 1. "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Then i have to press "Work offline" button and the ne...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

Running Office 2008 Setup Assistant Fails (?)
Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on both sides, pressed continue, and nothing happened. I repaired permissions and did it again with the same result. I rebooted. Same result. Anybody help??!!! On 2/22/08 8:05 AM, in article ee8e669.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ADDad@officeformac.com" <ADDad@officeformac.com> wrote: > Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office > 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on bo...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

OutlookXP keeps trying to send 'delivery reciept' to email account and fails
Hi, I am having problems 'sending and receiving' from Outolook XP. I keep getting the error "Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109)". Looking up this error I understand that Outlook is trying to send a 'delivery reciept' for an email I received from someone. I had selected OK without noticing that the email came from my "Yahoo" email account. I cannot send email through my Yahoo email account from Outlook since Yahoo does not allow it (or I have not figured out how to set up). Now Outlook keeps trying to send out the 'delivery reciept&#...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

microsoft office #3
I just reinstalled microsoft office:mac 2004 on my iBook G4 and now whenever I open any of the programs (word, excel and powerpoint) a window saying "an unexpected error occurred while trying to load the microsoft framework library" pops up. I haven't noticed a change in the functioning of the program apart from that, should I be concerned? Hi Nathalie- Did you run Repair Disk Permissions after reinstalling Office? If not, try that, then log out/in & see if the problem persists. Did you use the Remove Office utility before reinstalling? Why did you reinstall in the firs...

CRM V3C "View in CRM" Issues on Office 2007 / Vista
I believe I've seen a few posts for this issue, but I couldn't find a resolution. I've got CRM V3C installed on Office 2007 / Vista. For each item (Contacts, Emails, Tasks, Appt's), each time I hit "Track in CRM" and "Set Regarding/Parent" it works fine - as it does create the appropriate record in CRM and create the correct "Regarding" Relationship. The problem is whenever I hit "View in CRM", it's opening a blank screen with the following URL "https:// crm//_root/stage.aspx" This is happening if I select a Contact, ...

Automatically Save Message To Contact Detail
Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > contact automatically saved in that contact's detail as an attachment? Isn't that sort of what the Journal does? -- Brian Tillman No... Brian Tillman wrote: > Cass <cass84@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to automatically have emails sent to and/or from a > > contact automatically saved in that conta...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

budget
I am trying out the Microsoft 2004 trial version. I am trying to set up the budget. I have been successful except for one category: Utilities: Cell Phone. I happened to pay my bill in the month prior, so I want to budget 0 for September. Even if I put 0 in the bill scheduler and customize the "other expenses for cell phone" charges to 0 for the month of September, I still have an amount of $38.37 coming up as the budgeted amount for September. I tried deleting my scheduled transaction, removing the category from the budget, then adding back the bill even with a differe...