Sent items separates messages - Outlook name vs. email address

Hi:

I have a contact in my address book with the full name of "Steve Smith" and
an email address of "ssmith@hiscompany.com"

When I receive email messages from Steve, in my inbox, his messages show up
with the "From" name of "Steve Smith" - exactly as I would expect.

If I REPLY to a message from Steve, then in my "Sent Items" folder, the
message sometimes appears with the "To" name of
ssmith@hiscompany.com
and other times it appears with the "To" name of
'ssmith@hiscompany.com' (notice the single quotes)

However, if I compose a NEW message, and type in a name of "Steve Smith",
Outlook "resolves" this by looking in my contacts and converts it to
ssmith@hiscompany.com.  BUT, in my "Sent Items" folder, all of these messages
appear with a "To" name of "Steve Smith".

As a result, I have 3 "groups" of sent items to Steve - some under a "To"
name of "ssmith@hiscompanyname.com" and others under "Steve Smith".

This sometimes causes a problem when I'm trying to locate a sent message - I
have to look in 3 different groups of messages.

Has anyone found a way to group things like this together under one name?

Thx

Ron

Sorry for being so dense, but is there an issue here? I can't find one. How
you choose to group your Sent Items Folder is entirely up to you.
--
Russ Valentine
"Ron Saritzky" <Ron Saritzky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I have a contact in my address book with the full name of "Steve Smith"
> and
> an email address of "ssmith@hiscompany.com"
>
> When I receive email messages from Steve, in my inbox, his messages show
> up
> with the "From" name of "Steve Smith" - exactly as I would expect.
>
> If I REPLY to a message from Steve, then in my "Sent Items" folder, the
> message sometimes appears with the "To" name of
> ssmith@hiscompany.com
> and other times it appears with the "To" name of
> 'ssmith@hiscompany.com' (notice the single quotes)
>
> However, if I compose a NEW message, and type in a name of "Steve Smith",
> Outlook "resolves" this by looking in my contacts and converts it to
> ssmith@hiscompany.com.  BUT, in my "Sent Items" folder, all of these
> messages
> appear with a "To" name of "Steve Smith".
>
> As a result, I have 3 "groups" of sent items to Steve - some under a "To"
> name of "ssmith@hiscompanyname.com" and others under "Steve Smith".
>
> This sometimes causes a problem when I'm trying to locate a sent message -
> have to look in 3 different groups of messages.
>
> Has anyone found a way to group things like this together under one name?
>
> Thx
>
> Ron

0
Russ

multiple email addressess ?
how can we store multiple email addresses for one contact. i only see option for one add..? Hi, There are three email attributes in contact entity. emailaddress1 is by default added on form. If you want to also want to add other two than open customization form of contacts and add fields named emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. You can add more custome email fields also. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gma...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Address book updating...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Message comes as an attachment

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?