Picture occasionally saving as an attachment

Hi,

I have pictures saved with all my contacts, the majority all seem fine,
except now when I add a new contact and picture and view by the Phone List
there is an icon in the Sort By: Attachment column for these new contacts.

Can someone explain why this is happening and how to remove.

Thanks

Jason

Why when i have more than one workbook open and i want to save ch.
When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have to reopen the ones i want Why? Hi at the top right of the screen do you see two X - the top one should close the application and all workbooks - the bottom one should close only the active workbook does this work for you? if not, does using File / Close from the menu work? Cheers JulieD "Jaykhi" <Jaykhi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6802A15F-D23B-4458-B1DE-8E56E3686B69@microsoft.com... > When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have > to > ...

1mb attachment freezes up computer
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Someone sent me an attachment 1mb. <br> When click on email, whole program freezes up for few minutes. is this a bit odd? don't rememer that happening before. thanks. ...

Profile Default not being saved
A client running XP Pro and Outlook 2003 always asks for the Profile to be selected when Outlook is started. There is only one profile and the check box is checked to use it as the default. However, it appears the default isn't remembered and the request comes again at each instantiation of Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks, Fred Go to control panel, mail, display profiles, and select 'always use profile X' (paraphrased). Fred Marshall wrote: > A client running XP Pro and Outlook 2003 always asks for the Profile > to be selected when Outlook is started. > > Ther...

problems saving to an older version
I am trying to save from publisher 2002 to publisher 98 but I keep getting this error:- There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to an older version of publisher. I have tried removing the picture but then it just comes back with the same error but on a different page/picture. Any help would be appreciated. The reason this is relates to photo compression. Publisher 2002 and 2003 both support image compression. Publisher 2000 and older do not. So for example, if you have a 1 mb picture in Publisher 2002/03, that same picture could be 17mb or more when inserted into ...

Save Custom Table/Report?
Hello, I have a project file that I open as Read Only from a Sharepoint directory. I have a custom table and report that I need to regenerate every time I open the file. Is this because I have it opened as Read Only? Is there a way for me to save a custom table and/or report locally, so that I can apply it to the shared file I open? Thanks, WtS Wonko -- The next time you open the file, regenerate the custom Table and custom Report, then click Tools - Organizer and copy the Table and Report into your Global.mpt file. This will make the custom Table and Report visible...

How do I get pictures of certain equipment in Microsoft Visio?
I'm trying to use Visio to help illustrate our network. I know I've seen before where somebody had the exact equipment in his Visio project. How do I get those? Is there a main database with all the equipment, or do I need to go to each individual site and see if they have it? Thanks in advance. unless you are willing to pay for them at third party sites, the best bet is too check with the vendor. you might strart over at john marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio) al "captmorg11" <captmorg11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336545C1-F340...

Pictures won't send with email
I receive pictures perfectly. But when I forward the email, the pictures do not show (red "x" in a box) - none of them. It doesn't matter what format the pictures are. If I send email as an attachment, the pictures do transmit. Any solution for this problem? Tools | Options | Send | Mail Sending Format | HTML Settings. Is: Send pictures with messages checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "floaero" <floaero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD283CFC-DD2F-4E3D-9D52-444A5A857CB5@mi...

Layering pictures.
I have a picture that I want to overlay another picture over it. How do I do that? TIA - Jeff. "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in news:eC5BmUYjKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > I have a picture that I want to overlay another picture over it. How > do I do that? you can stack divs with different z orders, etc. It is best if you completely use CSS for layout, however. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter: @gbworld Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com ******************************************* | Think ou...

insert picture on the receipt
Hello. I am trying to insert company logo (JPEG file) into the receipt. Is there anyway We can insert the picture into the receipt? I see 'Logo Filename (Header)' section in the receipt property. How should I insert it? Where should I save the file and how can i connect it to the receipt? Can JPEG file loaded into the system? If not, which file type should I use? Please be advised. thank you. On Nov 12, 11:46=A0am, Alex <blacksk...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello. > I am trying to insert company logo (JPEG file) into the receipt. > Is there anyway We can insert the picture i...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

missing file and save as options in live mail
Hi everyone Running windows 7 on a new computer and trying to save an email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" or "save as" option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" options on my toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a seperate drive independent of a system backup. The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" function. That problem is compounded by another quirk. The Menu bar (File / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by...

Outbox won't send email with an attachment
After composing an email and attaching a word document, I click send and it goes to the outbox but does not send it. How can I resolve this problem? ...

How do i save the email information in Excel 2003 for next time?
In Office 2002, see link, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010448651033.aspx it says, towards the bottom: "In Excel, the original worksheet remains open so that you can continue working on it. When you save the worksheet, the e-mail information (recipient list, e-mail options, and any file attachments) is saved with the worksheet. The next time you send a copy of the worksheet, the e-mail information appears in the e-mail header. This makes it easy to send updates of the worksheet to the same recipients." Can this also be done in Office 2003? I've upgraded ...

Can't see attachments
We've got a user running Outlook 2003. He often receives quotes and other documents from company's we do business with. On some emails he is unable to see any attachments at all. There's no paperclip or anything else to indicate an attachment was included with the email. If he forwards the email to a co-worker, they can see it just fine. If he views the emails in OWA, the attachments are there. I've gone over his Outlook view settings and there's nothing specific that would keep attachments from not being shown. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Do you know wha...

Excel opens in "read only" mode as an attachment
How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when is an attachment in outlook 2003? When you open an Outlook attachment, it opens the file in your Temporary folder. I guess this is to protect you from changing the file, "saving" the file into the Temporary folder, assuming it is safe and perhaps deleting it at a later date. The Read-only status forces you to save the file elsewhere. Regards Trevor "scb" <scb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25ef01c4a71f$555c8cd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when ...

How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?
There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them. The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format, including the attachments. The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or Text. There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format. I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word. I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for Mic...

Printing attachments with Reports
Hi all, Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give; I have a report which contains an attachment field, what I need is for any attachments linked to the report to be printed additionaly to the report when the user clicks a print report button - any ideas? In general I would guess you need to: - save the attachment(s) to disk - use appropriate automation to open/print attachment(s) Here's some code I use to save attachments: 'Open recordset of attachments, save each one to disk and assign to attachments() array For iii = 1 To 9 Attac...

Can't send email with attachments
Since May 12th I can not send any emails with attachments, Here is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Fw: [Our Tea Party pictures of "The day that changed America".', Account: 'LindersMom', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer ...

OL2003 Multiple message save drops body of message
When a group of e-mail messages are selected & the FILE- SAVE command is run with the intent of creating a file containing those selected messages --- only the header info from the messages is included in the file created. The body text of all the messages is lost/discarded during the save process. Is there a way to save multiple messages to one file and not loose the bodies of the messages? Previous versions could do this. Hi I had the same problem. You need to contact MS and refer the tech to KB838020. This is an internal (to MS) article not available to the public yet. They sh...

Blank message instead of "Do you wish to save changes to your document?"
I'm updating a program that was originally written by someone else. In their original version, when you attempt to close a document window that you made changes in, it gives you the usual dialog box, "Do you wish to save changes to Document, [Yes][No][Cancel]." However, in my new version of the program, the dialog that comes up is blank, although it does have the [Yes][No][Cancel] buttons on it. I'm curious as to what I did to mess this up as I don't recall messing around with document saving anywhere. Where in the code would I look for where it is bringing up the Sav...

Save in mulitple locations
Is there a way to have excel xp auto save in multiple locations a once? ie....save a copy on my desktop and save on a network drive at the sam time, and a way to have excel do this by itself every 5 mins or s -- Aversi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aversin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=823 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27090 you can autosave it to your c drive. the icon on your desktop is just a shortcut to the c drive. to autosave...tools>autosave. check aut...

error when attaching apple "pages" doc
hi whenever i try to attach a "pages" doc to an entourage email i get a message that i need to install suffit i have stuffit exapnder installed, am running osx and office 2004 i loked at stuffit's site and they want $ for the compression program any ideas? i have "no compression" selected in my preferences thanks The Pages file format is actually a package or a bundle or something--so it's really multiple files pretending to be a single file. So Entourage sees it as multiple files. Just right-click and Create Archive on the Pages files first, then attach t...

Sending and saving appointments
In OL 2003 I have never had much trouble sending appointments as Icalendars from one OL 2003 profile to another--until now. The appointments are showing up in the target e-mail account okay. I usually open them and then click Save and they get added to my calendar. Not now. If they are saved I have no idea where. I used to save the vCard and calender items like this to a folder and then import them into OL. But my appointments are given the *msg suffix . Any suggestions? I now realize that I may have hit the wrong item in the process of forwarding the iCalendar. Whe...

pictures apear as a blank frame
In publisher 2003 all pictures and clipart apear as a blank frame. Picture viewing setting at either detailed or fast have no effect and selecting hide shows a grey cross as expected. The picture shows fine in graphics manager, print preview and in other office programs Curns wrote: > In publisher 2003 all pictures and clipart apear as a blank frame. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

The "Save As" Screen keeps appearing
While I am entering data into a cell, the "Save As" screen keeps appearing. Anybody else ever had this prblem? Could you by any chance be hitting the key combo CTRL+S which will bring up the save as dialog box. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Peggy" <pegacc...