Outlook Contacts can not use my address book

I have the same problem as "frustrated" posted on 5/11/10. I am using Outlook
2007 and used our home network to import my outlook contacts/ emails onto my
brand new laptop from an old desktop using outlook 2003. Is there really not
a fix for this and I have to re-enter my contacts in the address book to use
"to, cc, bcc or distibution lists"? Here is "frustrated" issue ( and mine):

When I click "To" I do not see my contacts like I used to.

I right clicked on contacts, properties and the box all of the forums said
to check was greyed out.

Following another lead I went to Tools, Account Settings, Address Books and
attempted to "remove" the "Outlook address book" to add it again. However,
"remove" is greyed out and not an option. The only option I see is to "add a
mobile address book". However even then I cannot delete the Outlook address
book.

Please not the countless posts that tell you never to import Outlook data.
Create a new profile. Migrate your data correctly: open your Outlook data
file in the new profile.
--
Russ Valentine
"DawnAnt03" <DawnAnt03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem as "frustrated" posted on 5/11/10. I am using
>Outlook
> 2007 and used our home network to import my outlook contacts/ emails onto
> my
> brand new laptop from an old desktop using outlook 2003. Is there really
> not
> a fix for this and I have to re-enter my contacts in the address book to
> use
> "to, cc, bcc or distibution lists"? Here is "frustrated" issue ( and
> mine):
>
> When I click "To" I do not see my contacts like I used to.
>
> I right clicked on contacts, properties and the box all of the forums said
> to check was greyed out.
>
> Following another lead I went to Tools, Account Settings, Address Books
> and
> attempted to "remove" the "Outlook address book" to add it again. However,
> "remove" is greyed out and not an option. The only option I see is to "add
> mobile address book". However even then I cannot delete the Outlook
> address
> book.

0
Russ
5/14/2010 10:42:46 AM
If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible
when you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book.
Is the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll
need to make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book
service due to a bug.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Diane
5/14/2010 8:07:29 PM
There doesn't appear to be an opportunity to create a new profile in Windows
7. Microsoft help only covers Vista and earlier for Profiles.

"petercahill49" <petercahill49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> There doesn't appear to be an opportunity to create a new profile in Windows
> 7. Microsoft help only covers Vista and earlier for Profiles.

The same methods for Vista and XP exist in Windows 7 as well.  If you install
Outlook, you automatically get the Mail applet in Control Panel.  You may have
to enable viewing the 32 bit Control Panel, however.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/17/2010 12:35:45 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "petercahill49" <petercahill49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> There doesn't appear to be an opportunity to create a new profile in
>> Windows
>> 7. Microsoft help only covers Vista and earlier for Profiles.
>
> The same methods for Vista and XP exist in Windows 7 as well.  If you
> install Outlook, you automatically get the Mail applet in Control Panel.
> You may have to enable viewing the 32 bit Control Panel, however.

If the OP is using the By Category view (default) of Control Panel then the
Mail applet doesn't show. It's in the "User Accounts and Family Safety"
category...

0
Gordon

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

invalid email address

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook