Outlook contact list won't populate address book

My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the contact
list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new message or
reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty

State the steps you used to configure the Outlook Address Book Service.
Compare them to what you should have done.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
--
Russ Valentine
"Bill Toothaker" <Bill Toothaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the
> contact
> list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new message
> or
> reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty

0
Russ
4/20/2010 2:30:46 AM
Thanks Russ I have read your other posts and realize now that I should not
have used windows easy transfer, but I did. What would help was to know how
to fix it. Can I delete the current address book untol file/tools/adress book
and re add it?

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> State the steps you used to configure the Outlook Address Book Service.
> Compare them to what you should have done.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Bill Toothaker" <Bill Toothaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the
> > contact
> > list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new message
> > or
> > reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty
>
> .

No, you can't. The only thing you can do now is create a new Outlook profile
from scratch and migrate your data file to it correctly.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003
--
> Thanks Russ I have read your other posts and realize now that I should not
> have used windows easy transfer, but I did. What would help was to know
> how
> to fix it. Can I delete the current address book untol file/tools/adress
> book
> and re add it?
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> State the steps you used to configure the Outlook Address Book Service.
>> Compare them to what you should have done.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Bill Toothaker" <Bill Toothaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the
>> > contact
>> > list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new
>> > message
>> > or
>> > reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty
>>
>> .

0
Russ

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Sharing Outlook #2

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

smart list go tos
I am trying to change the documents: portion with a go to on the window "Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry" Take a look at my response to this post. However, this was not entirely tested. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=mariano+gomez+SLB&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=37216782-e2be-45a4-8d28-6e3f73f11ca5&mid=37216782-e2be-45a4-8d28-6e3f73f11ca5 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusines...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

how do you change the font size of a drop-down list?
When I use the Validation feature under Data Menu and I create a drop-down list, the font size of the contents of the drop-down list is too small to read. How do I change this? You can't change the font or font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. To make the font appear larger, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Or, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In ...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Copy contacts
Is it possible to somehow copy contacts from CRM Contacts folder to Outlook contacts folder and vice versa? Hi Frenki, I wouldn't recommend 'copying' contacts from CRM to Outlook and vice versa as this can cause duplication. A good idea to make contacts available in both places is by clicking the 'Track in CRM' button inside each outlook Contact and as for the contacts in CRM, they will be created in Outlook during Synchronization. HTH, Niths "Frenki" wrote: > Is it possible to somehow copy contacts from CRM Contacts folder to Outlook > contacts ...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...