Inserting email recipient into email message

I've tried looking only be be frustrated.  So not to waste more time, direct
me...

I would like to insert either the receipients name/address into my email
message.  My example is this:

"Dear {name/address}, "

I know Word is used for mail merging, but is that the only way to compose an
email with this same information rather than just using Outlook?  I
appreciate your help.

Mail merges require Word. Always have. Always will.
--
Russ Valentine
"royalones" <mroyal@royalones.com> wrote in message
> I've tried looking only be be frustrated.  So not to waste more time,
> direct
> me...
>
> I would like to insert either the receipients name/address into my email
> message.  My example is this:
>
> "Dear {name/address}, "
>
> I know Word is used for mail merging, but is that the only way to compose
> an
> email with this same information rather than just using Outlook?  I
> appreciate your help.

0
Russ

Anyone receive the email "The Golden Age of Windows 7 Forums"?
That was an editorial piece of work, eh? Long live newsgroups! Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. ...

Delivey receipts
We have exchange 2000 and use outlook 2002/2003. One member of staff says she used to be able to generate delivery as well as read receipts internally. But now only gets read receipts. But requests to external mail addresses still generate delivery receipts if requested and a read receipt if manually acknowledged by the recipient. I understand that delivery receipts are a server function - how can they get turned off and how can I rectify this matter please? I've never seen them turned off, but why would anybody want delivery receipts for internal e-mails? It's the same ser...

Internet Explorer 8 will not open; Outlook 2007 emails not showing
I'm having the biggest issue with Windows 7 right now. I have installed Win7 Professional and had been using it fine with IE8/Firefox and MSOffice 2007 Ultimate. About 2 weeks ago, I had a massive email download (over 1000 emails, broken up to around 270 at a time) from Gmail. This is when I noticed that the HTML would not show up in emails that were listed as Safe Senders. Also, IE8 will not open. There are no error messages. If I click on IE enough times, I barely get to see iexplore.exe show up in the Task Manager before it disappears. Firefox works fine and has bee...

no email subject bax
When I create a new email, there is no bar / box / place for the email subject / title. where can I add a subject / title space for my outgoing messages ?running windows xp home with outlook 2000. Thanks Did you look on the view menu for Show Header? Depending on your editor, it may be on your options button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

stored procedure createSQLTmoTable
Hi, one of my users got this when using the Payables Transaction Inquiry. "The stored procedure createSQLTmoTable returned the following results: DBMS:12, Microsoft GP:0" what does this mean, and what should we do to get rid of this? Thanks I suspect you're seeing what this blog post talks about: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/01/20/the-stored-procedure-createsqltmptable-returned-the-following-results-dbms-12-exceptions.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www....

Cannot delete hotmail emails.
Dear All, I am having this problem in my office.I have a proxy server and every one access internet thru that.Now one of my user using outlook 2003 has created his hotmail account also in the outlook next to his office account.So now he has two inboxes in his outlook bar. He was having problem accessing his hotmail account via outlook and I managed to sort that by by putting *hotmail.com*;*services.msn.com* in the do not use proxy for the following websites in the internet explorer option.Now he can send and receive his hotmail emails via outlook but when he tries to delete any of h...

Error message opening Outlook after removing Panda antivirus
I am using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP Pro. I used to run Panda antivirus on my pc but have switched to Norton now that Panda has expired. I had config Panda to scan mails whenever Outlook opens. However now that Panda had been removed, I always get an error message to the effect that Panda cannot be found. How can I get rid of this association to avoid having this annoying message evrytime I open Outlook? Thanks. You may have to manually remove Panda from your add-in manager. Go to Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Add- in Manager/ and then make sure that if Panda is listed ...

mass emails...... outlook showing sent but not received by anyone
New computor....I must have something set up different than before in Outlook because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but not received. I have been sending this blast successfully for several years, but with new computor having troubles. Any ideas? is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as spam? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...

Control Internal Users Emailing Each Other
Can someone please tell me if Exchange has the ability to deny certain users from emailing each other? My understanding is that even if these users do not see each other in the address book, they can manually enter the SMTP address. We want to prevent all users in a certain AD group from emailing each other. You would have to open the users accounts in ADU&C then: Exhange general tab>delivery restrictions button>choose: "From everyone except" and then add in the group that contains the other members you dont want to be able to send to this user. Philip Nunn "...

Mixed Exchange and Internet Email on Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003
Recently installed a new SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Have clients using Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003. On the Outlook 2003 profile I have an Internet POP Account and an Exchange Server Account. If I set the Internet account as the default account, it handles Internet messages properly, but also tries to send local messages via Internet SMTP server. If I set the Exchange account as default, it handles local mail correctly, but sends Internet mail through the Exchange SMTP server with the local email address as the reply address. Therefore, anyone receiving the message is unable to reply s...

Outlook 2003 sending blank emails / text missing from body
Hi I have just upgraded three machines to office 2003, outlook works fine on two machines but the third has the blank email body problem on all sent mails. Has anyone come up with a solution to this:- Every time I send a mail the recipient receives a blank mail, even the mail within the sent items is blank. I have tried changing the mail setting etc but as yet no solution. The set up on the machine is identical to the other two machines; the only difference is that this machine had an existing Outlook 2002 account set up that was imported when 2003 was installed. Therefore it had an existi...

How do I insert holidays autmatically to my calender?
I'm trying to make a 2010 calender. Is there an option that automatically inserts the holidays on the proper dates for me? There is no way in Publisher. If you need the holidays to carry over year to year the best way is to create text boxes rather than inserting into the calendar cells. I have a 2009 calendar with the holidays on my web site, you can get an idea what I mean. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Merlin" <Merlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3768934-E1AB-4522-9868-7E8DC7F9991F@mic...

how to insert month date year and day of week

Verizon email into Outlook
I am having difficulties in adding my Verizon email accounts to outlook. I am using the MS Exchange (POP3, IMAP or http) and typing my email and password that I establish to get into my account. (Although the text says the the password my ISP has given me...is it not my account password?) I tried an encryption connection first - and received error message <an encryption connection to your mail server is not available.> Next I tried the unencrypted connection and tried the "Connect Using LAN" Response: back to the drop down box and tried the "IE or 3rd party&...

emailing directly from an application
Hello all, I am having trouble figuring out why when I try to email something directly from an application the message is returned as not able to be resolved (the address). Specifically, I created a cmd button in Access to create an email automatically with an attachment in word. When sent, I get a non-deliverable report (The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.). This happens not just in Access, but also in other apps such as Excel. This may help, ...

email #85
what does '550 relay not permitted' mean You can't send mail through a server to which you are not authenticated. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alanmr asked: | what does '550 relay not permitted' mean ...

Outlook error message #16
I get the following message when I try to setup user with existing mailbox. Microsoft Outlook: Unable to display the selected foler or item. You do not have permission to log on ...

Using a Message Box to display �Random Quotation� stored in cells
Hi Can any one help me with this one ? What I�m trying to do is to click on a button which runs a Macro whic in turn selects a random quotation i.e. �to be or not to be�.� whic is already stored in a cell. I have about twenty quotes but I need to added to them all the time s the list would keep on growing Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rob if your quotes are in column A of the active sheet try the following code (assign this to a button on the active sheet): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Wor...

Missing Emails
After re-installing Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and opening WLM all my old emails are missing All the accounts are there and new messages are coming in find. Please help me find those old messages (files). Have you performed a search for *.eml files ? Did you install Windows 7 to a different drive/partition, on top of the old, repair install, wipe drive-clean install etc ??? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "gary g." <gary g.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12A7D053-A3B0-41EB-8C4E-8693F4181D7C@microsoft.com... > After re-installing Window...

Email from anonymous senders
The senders field is blank in emails I receive. How do I filter these out of my inbox? Thanks, ...

How to insert small colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel
I am trying to insert colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel. How to do this? -- George You could select the cell and then Insert|Symbol and select Webdings or Wingdings etc. and then format the cell font color to whatever you want. "George A. Yorks" wrote: > I am trying to insert colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel. How to > do this? > -- > George ...

Outbox, Send/Receive before Emails leave?????
In Outlook, after composing an email I hit Send. The email just goes to my Outbox and languishes there. I must hit the Send/Receive button before it'll leave. There must be a way to make emails leave automatically after hitting Send without this step. Of course there is. You didn't provide any information. Post your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type, and automatic Send/Receive settings so someone can tell you how. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hugh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e51201c46cda$cdd70e30$a601280a@...

Force user to logon to domain to retrive exchange 2003 email
Dear all, Does any one has experience configuring active directory and exchange 2003 to force user to logon to domain to retrive their emails?. I have the active directory on windows 2003 server. thank you. I'm not entirely sure I know what you're asking for here, but if you want Outlook to always prompt for a username and password, the option to set this exists when configuring the properties of the Exchange server connection in the Outlook profile - it's on the Security tab and is called 'always prompt for username and password'. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP ...

Emails not showing when viewing others mailbox
I have some users on Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro who. User A has shared out her Inbox to User B; User B can view User A's mailbox by going to File, Open, Other User's Folder. However, User B does not see all emails that User A receives; it's intermittent. User A is receiving all of her email though. User B has all Windows and Office updates. Is there any reason for this to be happening? TIA ...

How to find all messages that belong to a contact?
(This is the short version of my post on 1/6) Is there a way to match MailItem properties with ContactItem properties in VBA? I'm trying to use VBA to pull all the messages (actually only the SentOn date of each message) that belong to a particular contact. For example, if I have a contact "John Doe" in the Contacts folder, I want code to find all the dates on which I sent an email to this contact. Outlook must know how to associate a particular contact entry with it's email messages in the PST - if I open an email message in the InBox and right click on the From header, ...