In-Cell editing unvailable in address card view

Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3
IMAP/POP email, not exchange

In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not
available.  It's available in phone list view.

Any way to enable it?

Thanks!

How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in
other views. There's no use for it.
--
Russ Valentine
"cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3
> IMAP/POP email, not exchange
>
> In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not
> available.  It's available in phone list view.
>
> Any way to enable it?
>
> Thanks!

0
Russ
2/6/2010 3:39:49 PM
Not true.  It's available if you use exchange server.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in
> other views. There's no use for it.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3
> > IMAP/POP email, not exchange
> >
> > In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not
> > available.  It's available in phone list view.
> >
> > Any way to enable it?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> .

Are you looking in the right place? There is no "modify address card view."
There is "Customize Current View..." > Other Settings...
--
> Not true.  It's available if you use exchange server.
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in
>> other views. There's no use for it.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3
>> > IMAP/POP email, not exchange
>> >
>> > In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not
>> > available.  It's available in phone list view.
>> >
>> > Any way to enable it?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> .

0
Russ
2/6/2010 5:11:04 PM
View -> Current View -> Define Views

Either Modify Address Cards or make a copy to customize.

What's the right place in your mind?

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> Are you looking in the right place? There is no "modify address card view."
> There is "Customize Current View..." > Other Settings...
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Not true.  It's available if you use exchange server.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine" wrote:
> >
> >> How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in
> >> other views. There's no use for it.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

The place I already posted.
The place the option exists in Outlook.
--
> View -> Current View -> Define Views
>
> Either Modify Address Cards or make a copy to customize.
>
> What's the right place in your mind?
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> Are you looking in the right place? There is no "modify address card
>> view."
>> There is "Customize Current View..." > Other Settings...
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Not true.  It's available if you use exchange server.

>> .

0
Russ
2/6/2010 8:05:26 PM
It's greyed out.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> The place I already posted.
> The place the option exists in Outlook.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > View -> Current View -> Define Views
> >
> > Either Modify Address Cards or make a copy to customize.
> >
> > What's the right place in your mind?
> >
> > "Russ Valentine" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you looking in the right place? There is no "modify address card
> >> view."
> >> There is "Customize Current View..." > Other Settings...
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Odd. Not here, though it's of little use in this view.
--
> It's greyed out.
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> The place I already posted.
>> The place the option exists in Outlook.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > View -> Current View -> Define Views
>> >
>> > Either Modify Address Cards or make a copy to customize.
>> >
>> > What's the right place in your mind?

>> .

0
Russ

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

stack fault error when browsing address book
I have a problem that occurs when browsing the address book "Contacts" that results in the error message: OUTLOOK has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL and the termination of Outlook I've updated the Win98Se and the Office 2000, tried the steps in the KB218853, and searched the newsgroup and KB to no avail. Also tried the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which found only minor problems and repaired them. I can look at the entire "Contacts" folder in Outlook without problems. This does not appear to be related to any contact record. Thanks Steve ...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

How do I export, then import my address book(contacts)
I want to share my Outlook 2003 contacts and groups with my husband's Outlook 2003 I would like to export my contacts and groups to his computer. Then I would like for him to be able to merge my contacts and groups with his already existing contacts and groups. How can I accomplish this? I have a friend who wants to do the same with Outlook 2002? Would the procedure be the same for both versions? Please give steps, I am not very computer literate. Thank you so much. Export your Contacts folder in PST format via File | Import and Export | Export to a file ... Then, copy them ...

worksheet labels based on cell results
How can I build a macro to use the contents of several cells in a column to label a corresponding number of worksheets with their contents. Ideally this would also build links to the tabs so that a user could click on a specific cell (in that column) and be redirected to the corresponding worksheet Thanks, Mitch Hi for labeling the tab try something like activesheet.name=activesheet.range("A1").value For the second question try using a Hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mitch wrote: > How can I build a macro to use the contents of ...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Outlook Express address bk. from Mac to Outlook PC ?? Help
I am trying to export the address bk from my Outlook Express (Mac OS 9.2) to a form that my Outlook PC (Windows XP) can read and use. Any thoughts on what procedure to follow. When I export from the Mac it just saves it as a "Simple text" file - no much good for what I want to do. Any thoughts??? ...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

mapping keystroke to a cell
I would like to map a keystroke to a cell and have it add up the number of times the keystroke has been applied. For instance if I touched the A key 3 times it would give me the value of 3 in one cell. If I touched the B key 2 times it would give me the value of 2 in another cell. I'm thinking of using this in a laboratory situation. Where I could count the different types of blood cells under a microscope using the keyboard. Once I reached a total of a 100 diffent types of cells it would play a .wav file that would alert me that the count of 100 had been reached. Using a differ...

need to edit blank email
I have started working with Outlook 2003, and am exceedingly annoyed that the messages I make are all spaced out at inordinately large intervals. A little bit of knowledge being dangerous, I have fixed Word and Excel to start exactly as I want them to, and would like to do the same with Outlook. When I am done composing a message, I Select All and |Format|Paragraph| and set Before and After to 0 and it collapses the message somewhat, but its annoying to have to keep doing it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Florida, New York USA are you using wo...

Address Auto Complete
A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? Hi! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com ha scritto: > A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the > address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? What is the problem? You want only to disable it? Which version of Outlook do you use? Bye Roberto -- Roberto Restelli Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - Outlook We are running Outlook 2002. He wants to disable the feature that automatically suggests an email address from his Contacts list. Ex. when he t...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

Recipient Address Popup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap How can I disable the popup for entering to, bc, bcc fields? I would rather just have the fields there in the new email window without any popup. ...

Allow Editing of ID's.
Vendors change names [AT&T Wireless is now Cingular Wireless] Our codes are alpha, based on the vendor name so now I have to either use "AT&T-WI" as the vendor code for Cingular or start a new one. If I could simply edit the code to "CINGUL-WI" I could keep all my history in one place and use a code that made sense. Ditto in Payroll, most women change there name when they get married. Ditto in Customer, businesses merge, change names, get bought out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...

Money 2005 Standard edition, upgrade to deluxe did not work
I purchased Money 2005 standard edition and then downloaded the upgrade to deluxe online. It didn't upgrade, and I can't redownload the upgrade since it was a one time download. I've tried calling support but hung up after an hour. Please help! kyoung The trial version may still appear in the About Microsoft Money topic on the Help menu after you upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 The main points are: Make sure you are signing into Money with the same Passport you used to purchase the upgrade, AND reboot your computer....