How to synchronize Public Contact folder with local contacts?

How can I synchronize a Contact Folder in our Public Folders on our Network
with my local Contacts Folder?

You'll need to copy them yourself or use a utility.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-mail.asp for a list of utilities.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"BobG" <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I synchronize a Contact Folder in our Public Folders on our
> Network
> with my local Contacts Folder?

0
Diane

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Domian Local into Domain Admins Group
How do I make a 'Domain Local' security group which contains a Universal group from another domain, a member of the Global 'Domain Admins' group? DL's can't become a member of GG's Cosmo, you can not. Domain global groups can contain only users and global groups from the same domain... If you need to grant Domain Admins equivalent privileges to accounts from other domains, add them to the domain local Administrators group and local Administrators groups on all domain member computers... hth Marcin "Cosmo" <Cosmo@discussions.microso...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Lost Emails & Contacts
I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information. We're on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles. I moved the system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile. If I try to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts. One of them has her contacts and the other is empty. When you click contacts on the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back t...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Synchronizing Manually
Currently to back up my Desktop to my Laptop, I export a personal folder (backup.pst) and import it into my laptop application. The current backup file is 800MB, and this takes a long time. Is there any better way - for example, can I do an incremental backup of changes after a date, or can I set up an automatic process to do this daily? Thanks, Jim Berglund Just copy and reuse the PST file. Importing and Exporting are always a bad idea. You'll lose or misplace data every time. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jim Berglund" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message n...

rescuing public contacts
If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering the public contact list? no...if it's a contacts folder in Public folders (or in a mailbox), it cannot be accessed if the store is dismounted/down...unless you invest in something like Ontrack's PowerControls... "mando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2104201c45a11$a7f87b80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If exchange server is down is there a way of recovering > the public contact list? ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Calling a webservice with parameter from contacts
Hi, I would like to call a webservice when i am in a contact form (I made an icon in the left bar to launch it) ; my problem is to get an information from the form to be verified in the webservice : how can i pass the parameters? (I am not yet a great developper in .net...) Thanks for your help this line of course in C# will get you the id of the object calling the code string id=Request.Params["oId"]; -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "B. Guillout" <BGuillout@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Large Volume of Contacts
Hi we're looking at MSCRM's capability to handle large volume of information. Roughly 20 million contact records and on the average half of these would have an average of 3 new activities associated per week.. Given that hardware won't be too much of a problem, how would performance and response time of the product be affected? You could run into some performance issues unless you are really careful about how you set sharings etc in V1.2. There is a couple of index changes and other locking related changes that would need to be made too. The sharing is important as it wil...

text box email publication
I am a publisher novice. I am trying to develop an e-mail newletter. The templates in publisher have a text box under each article with what appears to be a hyperlink with "more details". I assume this will enable the reader of the email to expand the text box and see the full details of the article. I like this feature as it means that readers only get to see the title and abstract and then can select the articles they want to read in full. Unfortunately I can not work out how to use this function and as usual help is no help. Tim no such feature in Publisher. "kiwi ti...

Public Folder Replication #19
I have 3 exchange 2003 servers. Server A is in Site A. Server B and B-1 are in site B. B-1 is a new load of exchange 2003 and I plan on moving all the mail boxes from B to B-1 but first I must set up the public folders which all have a home on server A and have been replicated to B. I went into the esm and added B-1 as a replica for all the folders that had a replica to B. Later that day I checked and the folder hiarchy had replicated onto B-1 but all the folders are empty. Are these folders going to update and fill with the public folder data or do I need to force this? I tried the send conte...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...