How to connect existing calendar/contacts to new Outlook profile

My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the size
of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it would
not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was having
the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my old
pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items. How
can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I also
open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs the
new calendar/contacts which is empty. Alternatively, is there a way to link
up to the old calendar/contacts?

"Alba" <Alba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the size
> of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it would
> not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was
> having
> the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my old
> pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items. How
> can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I also
> open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs
> the
> new calendar/contacts which is empty. Alternatively, is there a way to link
> up to the old calendar/contacts?

When transferring data from one Outlook instance to another, you do not
import.  Your old PST has all the data in it that you had before.  Just open
that PST (File>Open>Outlook Data File) and you'll be able to access it all.
Moreover, creating a new profile doesn't mean you've cured the size issue.
Creating a new PST does, and you could have done that without creating a new
profile.  See this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/2/2010 7:25:48 PM
Open the old pst in Outlook. use the By Category view on each folder and
drag the appointments and contacts from the old pst to the correct folders
in the new one.
The method is shown here, if you need a tutorial:
http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/holidays/holiday.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Alba" <Alba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the
> size
> of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it
> would
> not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was
> having
> the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my
> old
> pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items.
> How
> can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I
> also
> open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs
> the
> new calendar/contacts which is empty. Alternatively, is there a way to
> link
> up to the old calendar/contacts?

0
Diane

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

New Implementation

NDRs forwarding to external contact

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

New Record