How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?

I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one
catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific
catagories. Can this be done, if so how?
thanks

"samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one
> catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific
> catagories. Can this be done, if so how?

The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multivalued field.  By
which value would you sort when you have multiple values?  If you use the By
Category view, your contact will appear in every group whose category it has.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Query using two separate query totals
I'm trying to create a query using a table of user information and two separate queries with totaled hours over a period of time. Each separate query has a total number of hours used between a start date and end date. It is possible that a user can use hours from either query. I would like to be able to have the totals information from each hours query sorted by the contact's last name. I so far have the contact's Name, the total hours from one query, and the total hours from another query. When I run the query, it shows the information from the first query and c...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Outlook Contact Names are Reversed
I have been using Outlook 2002 for two years. (I have used earlier versions for at least six additional years.) Now, for some unknown reason, Outlook reverses the order of names for new Contacts that I enter. For example, when I enter "John Smith" as my contact's name, Outlook lists "John, Smith" under File as. When I open the Check Full Name window, it lists "Smith" as the First Name and "John" as the Last Name. If I enter"John" as the First Name and "Smith" as the Last Name in Check Full Name, "Smith John" is list...

Contact Full Name Doesn't sort properly
I recently changed from "First Last" to "Last, First" in the system settings. I updated the ContactBase and the SysUser tables to take of of the existing records. I noticed when I type in a quick find search on the contacts it doesn't sort properly. It sorts by the last name, then the first name then about 1/2 way down, I notice there are some records out of alphabetical order. I double checked the Quick Find Query and the sort column is set to the full name. Not sure how/why it's not truly sorting on full name (yes, they are all active records) When you...

Compiling dataset using an XSD that has import and include tags
Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd. Is it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or are there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it fails saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me know any information on this. Thanks Rupa have you tri...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

Excel2000: Is it possible to use named ranges as chart's series ranges
Hi I have a table, with a row added weekly, and a chart based on those data. But chart must display data from last 6 week only, i.e. chart's data series must be defined dynamically. Of course I can do it, using some hidden dummy sheet, where data for last 6 week are automatically collected, and which serves as source table for chart. But is there a way to avoid this - p.e. by using dynamic named ranges? I tried to enter range names into Values field for Chart Series, but I got 'The formula you typed contains an error' message. Is there some trick for it, or it is hopeless? OK, ...

All-In-One Outlook View
I was suprised not to see a view in Outlook where I can see - email, calander and tasks. I can create just about what I need, however, I thought I had seen third party software that can show you everthing on one view ( screen) Ron ...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

how to use this video converter for mac to convert mac videos.
Step 1: Free download [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] from the above link and install it on your Macintosh: Step 2: Click "Add files" button to input videos to be converted. Step 3: Under profile option, choose the ouput video file format you want to convert to. Step 4: Click "convert" button to get start convert video for Mac. As we can see, this Video Converter for Mac is easy to use, if you like it, just free download this [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] and enjoy it by ...

Address Book missing contacts
My Outlook 2003 Address book shows Contacts but it contains only people I have emailed since my machine(Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP2) was built, maybe 20 or so. I have over 500 people in my Contacts folder. The checkbox is marked in properties to show "Contacts" as an email Address book. "Contacts" is an option within Address book. Ideas? The addresses may not be resolving, something that can happen if the addresses are imported from a database or CSV file. Try this free resolve utility and see if it makes the rest visible: http://download.chapura.com/...

XSD One Multiple element question
Hi, I am trying to define a Key element for a vehicle schema. I have three ways to uniquely identify a vehicle such as URN, UnitID and Vin. I'd like to make a rule that ensures that at least one of the three is present, but 2 or all 3 can be present. I tried something like below, but it does not seem valid. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to provide. Portion of schema is posted below. Hopefully it gives some idea as to what I am trying to accomplish. Best regards, Victor <xs:complexType name="VehKeyType"> <xs:choice> <xs:seq...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

Avoid using Exit
In the following article the author recommends avoiding the use of EXIT commands in the body of procedures: http://www.fmsinc.com/free/NewTips/VBA/Avoid_Procedure_Exits.html If you want to follow this rule, I think you will end up with a lot of nested if-then structures. My question: is this rule common practice among the pro's? Thanks, Lars There is no hard rule for the 'pro's'. However, when giving advice to questions on this discussion group, I would agree with the advice in that article from fms. To avoid long nested procedures, you can do someth...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

Messages do not see contacts
I have a new computer. I copied my contacts from the old system to the new computer. The contacts list show on Outlook, but when I prepare a message and I hit "to:" it does not show my contacts. How do I get the messges to see my contacts? The version I was using and I am using on the new computer is 2002, so there is no change in versions. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail >support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | >About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Inte...

Sorting a column in a spreadsheet
What is the best way to sort a spreadsheet? My boss wanted filters set up, so I set up an autofilter for all columns. She also wanted to sort by one column, so I recorded a macro that sorted the column in ascending order and another macro to sort it into descending order. I thought there might be a better way to do it. Also, can I assign the macro to a button instead of a shortcut key? Thanks for the help!! Ken -- akkrug If you've setup your autofilters correctly, you can simply use the sorting capability listed within the filter. But yes, you could create a ...

Using ForceNewPage with criteria
Hello, I have a report with a footer that I would like to use ForceNewPage with only when certain criteria are met. The ForceNewPage setting on the footer is set to Before Section, however, if FieldX = N then I would like it to not force the new page because N signifies that there will be no data in the footer for that particular item and I don't want to have the blank page included in the report. Is there a way to use VB to evaulate the criteria and where FieldX = N set the ForceNewPage to "None"? Here is what I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work: PrivateSub ...

One more Newbie Question
We would like to print the customer's name on the receipt. I have no idea how to do that. It feeds too much blank paper through - after each transaction it feeds about 4" of blank paper. How do you stop it printing the credit card receipt info on the receipt? We use a separate credit card machine that prints its own receipt. It would be nice not to have to enter any credit card info, except maybe the approval code, but RMS forces us to enter the credit card info before being able to processing the transaction - a real drag. Thanks for the help! -- Bud Izen ...

Need help with excel sorting/comparing funcations
HI all, the list I am working on consist of phone number, date, conversation start time, conversation end time. and there around 3476 records in one file and 2477 records in another... and they are not in the same format... so what I did was to sort out all the relative infomation in one file by its phone number, and did the same for the other one then I copy and pasted both lists in a new file.. and did the above comparesion.. nothing showed up or just gives me errors.. I am doing some analysis for our datebase records...... the sample I took out is only the small part.. the real f...

Using text to colums, but need to keep decimals
I have a column of prices that I need to split into two columns, but need to keep the decimal and leading zeros if applicable , fo example: 102.46558 99.054 when split needs to be 102 .46558 99 .054 there will only be two or three digits in front of the decimal, bu those ater it will vary. This will save me two days of work if I can get this done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohagany, Assuming your prices are in A1 down, in B1 enter =Trunc(A1) and in C1 enter = A1 - B1 Drag the cells B1 and C1 down as far as you need. --- Regards,...

To display repetitive text, one time, auomatically
JUNE - 20 DECEMBER - 56 JUNE - 96 JUNE - 56 DECEMBER - 66 dear All, i have this data in 2 columns and what I want is: to appear 'june' automatically in one cell and in the next cell the total of june (172). I got 172 by using 'sumif' function, but ;june' has to appear automatically. please help me to sort out this. thanks in advance. Do you mean.. Formula in cell C1 with ColA and B with data =A1&"(" & SUMIF(A:A,A1,B:B)&")" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "jojik" wrote: > JUNE - 20 > DECEMBER - 56 ...

Use Access on the Internet
I have a database created in Microsoft Access. I also have a website with webspace. Can I make it so that people can use the database on the website and if so how? My webspace provider provides SQL and CGI support are these relevant to my question? -- Hagan Your provider needs to also support Access. If he doesn't, you can convert your Access tables to SQL Server and leave your Access front end in tact, linked to the SQL server database rather than the Jet database. Do read the KB article about client/server performance to see if you need to optimize your app to work more effici...