How do I list contacts by business name?

Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed to
by Person. Thank you.

List them all where? In what version of Outlook?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed
> by Person. Thank you.

0
Sue
11/12/2009 8:40:20 PM
Use a group by company view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed
> by Person. Thank you.

0
Diane

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

OWA gives The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
Hey all, On my Exchange 2000, Server 2003 system any attempt to access OWA comes back with The "Local Security Authority cannot be contacted." SSL on or off does not seem to make a difference. The public folders don't require authentication but the certificate seems to be sent with no problem. Exchange requires login but after the cert and authentication bits I get the above message as well. That's with an admin account. A non admin account just flat gets "access is denied" This is happening both inside and outside the firewall. IIS is pointing to the ...

List Box: goto a row
Access 97 Have a list box Can find which row I'm on with ListboxName.ListIndex Now ?? How can I get back there, i.e. move to s specified row ?? ListboxName.ListIndex = aNumber gives error - 7777 you've used the ListIndex property incorrectly I guess it's read only! -- Jim Bunton Hi Jim, Try setting focus to the control first. The following works for me in Access 2003 (my listbox rowsource contains more than 11 rows--this property is zero based, so setting it to 10 in the example below selects the 11th record). I cannot say if this will work in Access 97, as I no longer ...

How do I remove picture bullets that I have deleted from the list?
-- Jacqueline http://pptblog.tlccreative.com/index.php?s=picture+bullets&sentence=AND -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Jacqueline" <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D829539C-8DA3-4F13-AD4B-2D16BD25130B@microsoft.com... > > -- > Jacqueline In article <uXAKKtdfKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Echo S wrote: > ...

money deluxe and business
How do I update stocks. Money is automatically updating each morning. When I click on "update prices online" money will lock up while it is updating but it never finishes. Then I can't even close money. ...

Insert file name into Cell
Is there a way to insert the file name into a cell, rather than on header/footer? Hi Bonny, 1996FEDT.XLS =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) D:\driveM\excel\TAXES\1996FEDT.XLS [Sheet1] =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(CELL("filename",A1),"[",""),"]"," [") & "]" for more information, worksheet examples, and coding examples for pathname, filename, sheetname and combinations of ...

naming references in workbooks in Excel X
Having difficulty in applying Book-Level and Sheet-Level Names in Workbooks. When I define a name in the Define Name dialog box and I then select the name in the Name Box, it will select the reference on the worksheet that I have used to define the name. If I then move to another worksheet in the same workbook with identical layout, the name I have defined appears in the Name Box, but when I select it, it returns to select the reference in the Worksheet where I made the original definition. This does not always happen but I cannot find a sure way of defining names in one worksheet that will al...

Vendor name in Requisition Management module
I would like the vendor name to appear in the Requisition Management module but was told by Microsoft Support that it was not possible to customize this product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsG...

Any disk utilities to correct overly long file names/folder paths?
Hello, A company I work with has many folders nested within subfolders, within subfolders with really long folder names that when you go all the way to the end exceed 255 characters. Robocopy, richtools, etc all fail when copying these really long folder paths and file names. Is there any utility I can run to correct these or at least identify all of them? I need to copy a 4TB volume and it keeps failing. I can't have the server offline for too long and I can't wait for it to fail to fix all of them. Thanks Hello boe, Never had problems when using robocop...

List a group of repeated data from sheet1 to sheet2 but not repeat
-- thadi I have one excel sheet1 look like the following. UserName Location Division Software Name Version Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Adobe Reader 7.0 Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Lotus Notes 6.5.5 Eric.Bell Parkade IT WebFldrs 1.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Adobe Reader 7.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Symantec AntiVirus 8.1 I want to modify this sheet1 to sheet 2 ...

How do I save the items listed on the clipboard?
Forever or just a while? Start>Run clipbrd.exe to open. File>Save to whatever name you wish as a *.clp file which you can convert to a *.jpeg with your favourited graphics editor. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:06:02 -0700, levi <levi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Convert list of pairs [a(i),b(i)] to table that shows # of occurrences of each pair
Given something like this: apple,jan apple,feb apple,mar apple,jan apple,feb orange,jan orange,feb orange,jan orange,feb banana,jan banana,feb banana,mar banana,jan banana,feb I'd like to create a table that has three rows (the fruits) and three columns (the months). At the intersection of each row and column I'd like the number of occurrences of that particular fruit-month pair. Thanks for your time. Tom Z. Tom, Assume your data is in the range A1:A14, and you have a grid starting in cell C1 that looks like: C D E F 1 jan feb mar 2 apple 3 orange 4 banana ...

Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list
Hi there, When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this problem??? Many thanks in advance, Lex. Define "auto forward". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08428C3D-3227-4705-8...

getting value of named range
I have a named range. Lets say it goes over lots of cells. A1 to E20 Can I get the values out as a string? Single string. I have tried some things like: excel.Workbooks(MyWorkbook).Worksheets(MyWorksheet).Range(MyRange).value any ideas whoops, this should be in programming sorry "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:%23Ip5wsw0IHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a named range. Lets say it goes over lots of cells. > A1 to E20 > > Can I get the values out as a string? Single string. > > I have tried some things like: > > excel.Wo...

Professional / Small Business Ed.
Hello, What is the difference between these two products? I can not find any infomration on the microsoft site or otherwise.. are they both servers? or is one a server and the other a client app? if they are both servers what is the main difference? and finally, which version(s) are provided as standard through the Microsoft partner program? - i am assuming on Professional.. any help muchly appreciated regards Chris The Small Business Edition is only for Windows Small Business Server 2003. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B7F92BA-...

Default contacts list
In 2007 how would I change the default contacts list so that whenever I select the To button I cet the Contacts folder not the Global Address Book. Thanks Ctrl+Shift+B - then Tools, Options. It's the first screenshot here: http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NE...

Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center.
(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject) Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm really frustrated because I'm pretty good with computers and I've been at a standstill trying to fix this for about 5 hours now. I'm running Windows Vista Home Editi...

list box using defined name
I went through the directions for creating a "named" list (went to insert->name->define->added cells->clicked add->clicked close) I named my list "testname" I go to the cell I want to be a list box, then do the following ->data->validation->allow list->type "=testname" -> click ok I get an error message, is there something I'm doing wrong? Hi the way i do it in data validation is data / validation / allow = list, click in the source line and press F3, this displays the list of names, i then choose the one i want and excel ...

From Name
Is there a way to get all the from names the same when downloading credit card transactions. I might have 10 different froms if I have purchases from 10 different Home Depot stores. I understand that this info might be important but would also like to just have the from be Home Depot not Home Depot store 425. Maybe the additional info can go into the memo field. ...

Display Name of each Data Series
I have an X-Y chart with, say, 3 data series, named 2008, 2009 and 2010. I want to get rid of the legend (by deleting it) and instead have the above names displayed on the relevant curve. Is there a way in Excel XP (aided by VBA) to display the name of each data series on the series itself? If one tries: Format data series -> Data Labels -> Series Name, the Series Name is displayed 10 times if there are 10 data points! I want it displayed only once, somewhere in the middle of the curve representing that data series. Hi, Either, select a single point in the series an...

RECORDSET file name length limit?
Here's a snippet of the code I'm using: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & strFilePath & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited""" Set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET") 'Now actually open the text file and import into Excel oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM " & strFilename, oConn, 3, 1, 1 When I do the oRS.Open, it fails to find the file. I renamed the file to something short...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

How can I fill data in a list automatically?
I have a spreadsheet laid out like a list with indented items. The first 7columns contain data pertaining to an individual, while the next 5 columns contain data about events occuring to that individual. The problem is that one individual may have several events, but the personal data is filled in only once, for the first event; the first 7 columns are simply left blank for subsequent events (these are all listed following each other). there are several thousand events in this list. How can I copy the personal data so that each row is complete, with all columns filled in? K, You'...

Business Portal 3.0 Extranet+Cisco PIX 5510ASA Firewall
Does anyone have info on what to open and how to open BP3.0 to the internet thru a CISCO PIX 5510ASA Firewall. If so I could use that info. Thanks The Business Portal Installation Guide explains which ports to open to deploy Business Portal in an extranet. The information is not specific to your firewall, but should still apply. Is there some other information that you need? -- Donna Marshall Technical Writer Microsoft Dynamics GP This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "rpotthoff" wrote: > Does anyone have info on what to ...

Excel VBA
Hi, I'm using a named range to mark the right most and bottom most column and rows of interest. "lastrow" and "lastcolumn" respectively. There i data outside this area that I wish to keep but the number o rows/columns inside can grow with the project. My intention is to select this area with a construct similar to cells("lastrow","lastcolumn").select Of course this will not work unless I can derive the column index fro "lastcolumn" and row index from "lastrow". How is this achieved? I've just thought I can place a name...