Contact not importing names of csv lists

Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email
addresses, nothing else.  I've titled the csv columns with the exact same
headings as the outlook contact headings.  Still, it imports only the email
addresses.  What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well?

Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv
columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used
"auto-map" to import your data?

There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any
circumstances) in renaming columns (fields) to match those of Outlook -
actually, that exercise serves no purpose (if the sole purpose is to use
"auto-map") other than being a cause of problems and aggravation not to
mention a "complete and total waste of time".

When importing your data, click on the button "Map Custom Fields" when it
appears and ensure that the fields you want to import (whatever those
column names are - makes no difference what the <name> is) are mapped
correctly to the Outlook field you want to import them to. Entire process
takes a few extra seconds and a lot faster than "renaming columns/fields -
spending time looking for mistakes" (i.e. only one extra space somewhere is
all it takes for a field name not to match). If you "manually mapped" your
fields and something is still not importing - will guarantee that the issue
is "with the file being imported " and not the Outlook import process
itself. The Outlook import process may not do everything people want but
what it does do - it does very well and consistently as long as the fields
are correctly mapped and there are no issues with the file being imported
(exception to that statement being PST2PST import/export which can lead to
future problems that may not be immediately apparent).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Rusty" <Rusty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email
> addresses, nothing else.  I've titled the csv columns with the exact same
> headings as the outlook contact headings.  Still, it imports only the
> email
> addresses.  What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as
> well?

0
Karl
1/18/2010 1:34:52 PM
Got it.  It works now.
Thank you.

"Karl Timmermans" wrote:

> Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv
> columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used
> "auto-map" to import your data?
>
> There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any
> circumstances) in renaming columns (fields) to match those of Outlook -
> actually, that exercise serves no purpose (if the sole purpose is to use
> "auto-map") other than being a cause of problems and aggravation not to
> mention a "complete and total waste of time".
>
> When importing your data, click on the button "Map Custom Fields" when it
> appears and ensure that the fields you want to import (whatever those
> column names are - makes no difference what the <name> is) are mapped
> correctly to the Outlook field you want to import them to. Entire process
> takes a few extra seconds and a lot faster than "renaming columns/fields -
> spending time looking for mistakes" (i.e. only one extra space somewhere is
> all it takes for a field name not to match). If you "manually mapped" your
> fields and something is still not importing - will guarantee that the issue
> is "with the file being imported " and not the Outlook import process
> itself. The Outlook import process may not do everything people want but
> what it does do - it does very well and consistently as long as the fields
> are correctly mapped and there are no issues with the file being imported
> (exception to that statement being PST2PST import/export which can lead to
> future problems that may not be immediately apparent).
>
> Karl
> Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
> ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
> "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
> http://www.contactgenie.com
>

> "Rusty" <Rusty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email
> > addresses, nothing else.  I've titled the csv columns with the exact same
> > headings as the outlook contact headings.  Still, it imports only the
> > email
> > addresses.  What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as
> > well?
>

> .

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

hacked contacts
I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an email was sent to all my contacts within windows live mail from my mail account.This email was an http web address,which when copy and pasted sends out the virus within their mail accounts.Thankfully my contacts deleted it.How can i stop this happening. I have since changed my password in case the account is hacked. Help appreciated. On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 02:53:26 -0700, coltmanneil wrote: > I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an > email was sent to all my contacts w...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

List folders to file

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Combo
Hi, I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu. I can select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query output. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box. To do that would require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED. See more info about list boxes here: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post ...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Importing into Access 2000
I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not import or link. Any suggestions? Hi William, Suggestions? First one is to give us a bit more information: What happens when you try? Can you import other text files? What's different about this one? Separated or delimited? How many fields? Where did it originate? On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:57:16 -0800, "William Madison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not >import or link. Any suggestions? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in th...

Importing Purchase orders with integration manager.
When I import a purchase order in Excel, GP creates a separate po for each line item. How do I get the line items under one PO number? I notice that the SQL option does not allow you to have a query relationship. You will need two source tables, one with PO header info and one with line information. Use two sources in Integration Manager and relate them by a common field (like PO Number) If I remember correctly, there is a sample integration provided just like this. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dyna...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Combining Lists within excel.
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll try to explain the problem I have. I have 2 worksheets both containing a product list. I have entries on one worksheet which I need on the other, so basically my question is... might there be a way of combining these two lists so one updates the other with the missing entries. Help on this would be great, as they are very large lists which I dont much fancy the thought of looking through them manually. Are you familiar with the VLOOKUP function? I use it all the time for this type of problem. vlookup(Product cell in first sheet, Array...

Disable people picker in a sharepoint list
Dear all, I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list (NewForm.aspx). I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in the field. Is there a way to disable the browsing? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you will delete that column. 1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category. 2. Click "delete" button. And then you can make other column. "Hrvoje" wrote: > ...

name badge labels
Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to create a sheet of name badge labels. Are you using mail merge? If you are, select the your label from the page setup. If you are manually typing your badge labels, measure your labels and setup your page with grid guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol in Texas" <CarolinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626CC158-3AF1-4809-9BCE-C54E1FF42861@microsoft.com... > Now we have Office 2007 and I cannot figure out how to...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

appearance of the real name in "sent"
I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. anonymous@discussions.m...