Contact info changed and old address still come up

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book an
e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still
pops-up.  I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one and still
the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete the old
address...Any idea anyone?

You are confusing your Contacts with your nickname list. Are you choosing
from the drop down list that appears when you start typing an address?
Highlight the incorrect entry and delete it.

"Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book an
> e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still
> pops-up.  I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one and
still
> the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete the
old
> address...Any idea anyone?

0
Kathleen
1/20/2010 4:59:19 PM
I do not think so.  There is only one person with that name in my contact
list.  And yes, when I start typing the nickname in the To: field, the
address comes up, but the old address which is even deleted from my address
book!

"Kathleen Orland" wrote:

> You are confusing your Contacts with your nickname list. Are you choosing
> from the drop down list that appears when you start typing an address?
> Highlight the incorrect entry and delete it.
>
> "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book an
> > e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still
> > pops-up.  I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one and
> still
> > the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete the
> old
> > address...Any idea anyone?
>

> .

The nickname list and the Contacts are not related. Delete the one in your
nickname list, then use the one in your Contacts.

> I do not think so.  There is only one person with that name in my contact
> list.  And yes, when I start typing the nickname in the To: field, the
> address comes up, but the old address which is even deleted from my
address
> book!
>
> "Kathleen Orland" wrote:
>
> > You are confusing your Contacts with your nickname list. Are you
choosing
> > from the drop down list that appears when you start typing an address?
> > Highlight the incorrect entry and delete it.
> >
> > "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book
an
> > > e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still
> > > pops-up.  I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one
and
> > still
> > > the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete
the
> > old
> > > address...Any idea anyone?
> >

> > .

0
Kathleen
1/20/2010 8:36:56 PM
Marie;116963 Wrote:
> I do not think so.  There is only one person with that name in my
> contact
> list.  And yes, when I start typing the nickname in the To: field, the
> address comes up, but the old address which is even deleted from my
> address
> book!

You must delete the entry that comes up as you start to type.  Use the
arroew keys to select it then press Delete.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian
1/20/2010 8:50:12 PM
And I have done that many times over, still the same thing...

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Marie;116963 Wrote:
> > I do not think so.  There is only one person with that name in my
> > contact
> > list.  And yes, when I start typing the nickname in the To: field, the
> > address comes up, but the old address which is even deleted from my
> > address
> > book!
>
> You must delete the entry that comes up as you start to type.  Use the
> arroew keys to select it then press Delete.
>

> --
> Brian Tillman
>
> [MVP-Outlook]
> http://forums.slipstick.com
>
> .

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Contacts Search

Changing language

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Outlook has started coming up with wizard
Hi, My Outlook has started coming up with the wizard like it was first installed. How would this have happened? Thanks, We don't know. We don't even know what version of Outlook you have so how could we? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jason asked: | Hi, | | My Outlook has started coming up with the wizard like it was first | installed. How would this have happened? | | Thanks, XP,2002,2003 have the same startup wiz...